Josh Gordon to be released-now traded to PATS

Kirby Jackson

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Terrorists? I'm not sure Josh Gordon is the right guy to have the two top guys in the organization being verbally abusive to you. To some people it works on, to others it backfires.

Yeah, all those players "terrorized" by the QB and HC....and other than potential career turnarounds and SB trophies, what's the point of it all?

Gordon would continue to thrive in an atmosphere like Cleveland, where they always told him, "no matter how many years you get suspended, you are always welcome back.  Just take care of yourself and we'll see you when you're better, OK?"

6 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Ehhh, I don’t expect this to work out for the Patriots. I’m sure it’s basically for free, but Gordon will screw it up.

This will most likely be his only shot at winning a SB...Brady is going to get him corrected...some pregame shots of cognac/Hennessey will be a must though.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok either way. Friends that are Browns fans tell me she is the Team Propagandaist 

I love this place when posters lose their minds...!

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

This will most likely be his only shot at winning a SB...Brady is going to get him corrected...some pregame shots of cognac/Hennessey will be a must though.

This guy has admitted drinking before essentially every game and some here refuse to believe he may have shown up drunk or high enough for the doctors examining his hammy to suspect he may have fallen off the wagon.  Does anyone really believe they would get rid of him because he injured himself at some promotional shoot??

This is getting wild!!  The takes...

Edited by Mr. WEO

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This guy has admitted drinking before essentially every game and some here refuse to believe he may have shown up drunk or high enough for the doctors examining his hammy to suspect he may have fallen off the wagon.  Does anyone really believe they would get rid of him because he injured himself at some promotional shoot??

This is getting wild!!  The takes...

The Pats now have Coleman and Gordon....go figure.

• Sad 1

Depending on the compensation given, the fact that we are not in enough to beat the Patriots offer, is really telling of our front office. The amount owed to Gordon,900k for two years, and the glaring need for a reciever on this team should make this an all in move for us but..... Process?

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, all those players "terrorized" by the QB and HC....and other than potential career turnarounds and SB trophies, what's the point of it all?

Gordon would continue to thrive in an atmosphere like Cleveland, where they always told him, "no matter how many years you get suspended, you are always welcome back.  Just take care of yourself and we'll see you when you're better, OK?"

As I said, it works on some guys and doesn't on others. Gordon is not the type of guy it is likely to. The Pats bring in all kinds of guys that the Patriot way doesn't work on at all, every year, including high picks and former stars and very productive players. Their percentage of turning FA or trades into great players for them is actually not that great. They do it so often, because they can, that they hit on enough to keep them at the top of the league.

You're not really going to argue this is a good fit for them and a good move after you have spent the last hour straight trashing everything about him are you? Maybe you will. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

As I said, it works on some guys and doesn't on others. Gordon is not the type of guy it is likely to. The Pats bring in all kinds of guys that the Patriot way doesn't work on at all, every year, including high picks and former stars and very productive players. Their percentage of turning FA or trades into great players for them is actually not that great. They do it so often, because they can, that they hit on enough to keep them at the top of the league.

You're not really going to argue this is a good fit for them and a good move after you have spent the last hour straight trashing everything about him are you? Maybe you will. 

I wasn't arguing it's a good move for them because I think he's incapable of stating straight because he himself has essentially told us all that.

But certainly a disciplined atmosphere where at least it is clear that something is expected of him (he's never had that, obviously) is his only chance at getting clean and productive.  The other way has failed him over and over and over.

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I thought the NFL goes by the federal law?

It's an NFL rule.  Law doesn't matter.

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Got it. The team Propagandaist. Essentially the Chris Brown of Browns 

Mary Kay Cabot works for the local paper.

Chris Brown works for the local sports team.

There would be some truth in calling Chris Brown "the Team Propagandist" as his writing must meet the continued approval of the Bills FO

Cabot's writing only needs to meet the approval of the sports editor, on a paper that has no problem criticizing Cleveland teams.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I wasn't arguing it's a good move for them because I think he's incapable of stating straight because he himself has essentially told us all that.

But certainly a disciplined atmosphere where at least it is clear that something is expected of him (he's never had that, obviously) is his only chance at getting clean and productive.  The other way has failed him over and over and over.

It's an NFL rule.  Law doesn't matter.

Since when do the Pats follow NFL rules? 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mary Kay Cabot works for the local paper.

Chris Brown works for the local sports team.

There would be some truth in calling Chris Brown "the Team Propagandist" as his writing must meet the continued approval of the Bills FO

Cabot's writing only needs to meet the approval of the sports editor, on a paper that has no problem criticizing Cleveland teams.

Pegulas could help Haslam with that.....