A while back we had a best guitar solo thread, Now part 2!

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 9/17/2018 at 9:56 AM, row_33 said:

My all-time favourite, a good audition for the best years of the Stones, steal that cat away right now...

I prefer "The Bear" but I like where your heads at.  By far the best 3 Stones albums when he was in the group IMO.

My all-time favorite solo.  Duane coming in at 1:08 and then Dickey at 2:39.  Now, Dickey Betts is great for sure, but to me he just didn't compare to the smoothness of Duane and I can certainly hear a big time difference just in this song alone.  Duane's last song with them and also the first song Dickey sang.  Quite the historic song.

And this is pretty sick too.  Another one who died way too soon, Mike Bloomfield.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

Julie Andrews was totally hot back in the '60s, though I never dug that short hair cut she had in The Sound of Music.

Didn't know there was a band called "Steel Panther."

If that band had been around before Spinal Tap, I would have assumed it was the inspiration for the movie.  Kind of funny.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:15 PM, Mark80 said:

I prefer "The Bear" but I like where your heads at.  By far the best 3 Stones albums when he was in the group IMO.

My all-time favorite solo.  Duane coming in at 1:08 and then Dickey at 2:39.  Now, Dickey Betts is great for sure, but to me he just didn't compare to the smoothness of Duane and I can certainly hear a big time difference just in this song alone.  Duane's last song with them and also the first song Dickey sang.  Quite the historic song.

And this is pretty sick too.  Another one who died way too soon, Mike Bloomfield.

About eight posts before yours I starting thinking i should link some Mike Bloomfield here but could not decide which one, and then you post one of the choices.   I love his style.  The tone of his guitar is just perfect to me.    Don't know if you know this, the horns were added after the live performance.

My other choice is from the Electric Flag first album, "A Long Time Comin". He plays an instrumental at the end of side 2 called Easy Rider.  It is so short I just can't get enough of it.   This album also ranks somewhere in my top 10.