A while back we had a best guitar solo thread, Now part 2!

Pine Barrens Mafia

saw this live twice, with Jaco bouncing around and improvising and extending it further.

nice to see this on youtube, but they cut out the last minute or so, rookies...

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

saw this live twice, with Jaco bouncing around and improvising and extending it further.

nice to see this on youtube, but they cut out the last minute or so, rookies...

Weather Report didn't even have a guitar player, but I fully support this.  I saw them on the Mr. Gone tour with the guys pictured.  Still holds up as one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My son has an LTD KH-602.  Smoking guitar!

Me too! The neck on that guitar makes it soo easy to play fast. 

I have that one, an Ibanez RG series and an older USA made fender strat. 

I used to have a much bigger collection, but unfortunately I got rid of a few over the years. I kick myself now for it. 

Edited by BillsFan4

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Weather Report didn't even have a guitar player, but I fully support this.  I saw them on the Mr. Gone tour with the guys pictured.  Still holds up as one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

The legend was Jaco as a kid had a record player from coupons of a Special K cereal box and he thought the bass was a lead guitar and learned to play that way.

Never been anything before or since like this.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Me too! The neck on that guitar makes it soo easy to play fast. 

I have that one, an Ibanez RG series and an older USA made fender strat. 

I used to have a much bigger collection, but unfortunately I got rid of a few over the years. I kick myself now for it. 

Holy crap, dude.  My son also has an RG (370DX) and a Squier Vibe Series strat.  He just had the Edge trem system replaced (with another Edge) on the RG; we need to pick it up this weekend.  He's also got a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, which is my personal favorite of his guitars. 

• Like (+1) 1

The OEM kick-azz guitar hero(in)es:

How bad-azz is it to crank it out big time high in the Alps in an Austrian meadow!

Now on the cynical side:

Nobody picks like that anymore.. Julie & Woody would lay waste to all You Muthas of Invention.  Their Machines kill fascists and leave Nazis whining like the little beeatches they are... Of course with help of some Nuns pulling the distributor cap on a Mercedes!

FfJHKJs.jpg

/thread