Who to Scout

RyanC883

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Believe it or not, some believe Ducasse had the best game of all the linemen despite the two penalties. Both tackles played decently and the real liabilities were at OC and RG as both Miller and Groy struggled badly.  

Wait until Mills has to face a really good DE like Bosa or Mack as he will show how bad he really is. You're right though, as I would also replace every player on that line save Dawkins. 

Mills is terrible.   I never meant to say I thought otherwise, I just meant to say of all the terrible olinemen we have he was the least terrible.    

He was the worst olineman on the team last year with Vlad right behind him.   That's how bad our line is at this point, we're debating who is worse, Vlad or Mills.    This line is a mess.   

18 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

When you think about it McD drafted Dion Dawkins to replace Mills at RT and once Glenn went out Dawkins replaced him at LT admirably.   

Now going into 2018 they knew that Mills was bad so why not make another move to replace him again? There was the draft and free agency. Okay, so money is tight this year. Be freaking creative and sign some talent to protect that QB you gave up so much to get!   

I honestly don't get the thinking here...it's like Doug Whaley with no veteran QB on the roster to help these young QBs and allowing them to play behind one of the very worst offensive lines I've seen in Buffalo.   

This! 

It's so very difficult for me to comprehend not building a top offensive line to protect that shiny new toy at QB, or to build it to have a strong run game to help out the defense.  

I just don't get it!

Dawkins took LT reps all summer during his rookie year

McDermott never tried to put him on the right side with the first team

it seems like Glenn being shipped was always part of the plan and the injury was the opportunity to do it

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dawkins took LT reps all summer during his rookie year

McDermott never tried to put him on the right side with the first team

it seems like Glenn being shipped was always part of the plan and the injury was the opportunity to do it

Dawkins was listed as the second best interior lineman (guard) in the 2017 draft. Mike Mayock and ESPN also had him listed as a guard. 

Funny thing is from the start of training camp notes the team had Dawkins rolling with the two's at RT and Mills stayed with the ones at RT. Seantrel Henderson was backing up Glenn at LT. 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/7/27/16053704/2017-buffalo-bills-training-camp-recap-day-1-tyrod-taylor-sammy-watkins-andre-holmes

Then later on in camp after Glenn injured his foot, 

"At this point, Glenn's foot has been an issue for months. Without him, the Bills would be down to rookie Dion Dawkins at left tackle. He has spent most of camp working at right tackle after spending the spring working at left tackle. While the Bills are hopeful that Glenn can return for Week 1, that's not a guarantee."    

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/cordy_glenn_injury_buffalo_bills_ot_suffers_another_setback_with_foot_gets_injec.html

6 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Dawkins was listed as the second best interior lineman (guard) in the 2017 draft. Mike Mayock and ESPN also had him listed as a guard. 

Funny thing is from the start of training camp notes the team had Dawkins rolling with the two's at RT and Mills stayed with the ones at RT. Seantrel Henderson was backing up Glenn at LT. 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/7/27/16053704/2017-buffalo-bills-training-camp-recap-day-1-tyrod-taylor-sammy-watkins-andre-holmes

Then later on in camp after Glenn injured his foot, 

"At this point, Glenn's foot has been an issue for months. Without him, the Bills would be down to rookie Dion Dawkins at left tackle. He has spent most of camp working at right tackle after spending the spring working at left tackle. While the Bills are hopeful that Glenn can return for Week 1, that's not a guarantee."    

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/cordy_glenn_injury_buffalo_bills_ot_suffers_another_setback_with_foot_gets_injec.html

What I meant to say was Dawkins never got 1st team reps all camp at RT. And he was at LT during the spring the whole time

you think if they wanted him as a starting RT they would have never put him in the left at all and let him learn the right from day 1

On 9/12/2018 at 9:28 AM, LeGOATski said:

Keep an eye on N'Keal Harry, WR, ASU. 

6'4" 220. Explosive. Tough. Can catch. Like a taller Anquan Boldin.

Thanks for bringing him to our/my attension, sounds exactly like what we need. I'll keep an eye out for him. 

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/12/2018 at 8:54 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Nick Bosa

aha.   he could likely play both ways!!!

I'm def taking Bosa if he is there.  O-line likely in 2nd and 3rd.  As another poster mentioned, why get a QB then not protect him.  It's like buying a new shiny car and not maintaining it.  Eventually you'll ruin your investment/spend.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/14/2018 at 10:46 AM, The_Dude said:

Until I don't have a reason to watch the QB's, I'll start with them. 

On 9/14/2018 at 10:46 AM, The_Dude said:

Until I don't have a reason to watch the QB's, I'll start with them. 

def watch the QB's also.  But this list allows you to go, "oh, good QB and good OL in the same game."   See if any O-line play gets called-out by the announcers.  

Start from the middle out: It's way early, but Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin,  Darryl Williams C/G Mississippi State, and later round Sean Krepsz, C/G, Nevada. I want a Hull, E. Wood, Nick Mangold type who is here for ten years to provide stability and continuity for Allen.