Don't Rush Allen

OldTimer1960

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jets don’t have a good OL but somehow are able to do things with Darnold.  

Allen is a big boy.  He can handle it. 

Not good and all time horrendous are two very different things. (Has Castillo ever been good?) No need to rush. Maybe in a few weeks, after the gauntlet, sure. 

Just now, Fadingpain said:

I disagree with the myth that says a QB can be "ruined".

Allen will rise or fall to the level of his own ability, eventually.

Having said that, the organization basically made it clear that Allen was not ready.  That's why he didn't start Week 1.

So to start him now makes them look very bad.

To continue playing Peterman also makes them look bad.  Peterman would not be given a shot by any other team in the NFL but our coaching staff just can't let him go.

Lastly, we should have kept AJ as the go-between who plays until Allen is ready, but we shipped him out of town, also making the organization look bad.

Whole lotta bad looking stuff going on around here.

Respectfully, it is not about THIS year. We got something for AJ where we could not for Nate. It WILL be Allen going forward. The question is when, and we just need to look down the road instead of focusing on the roadkill we all just watched Sunday. It will be Allen, then next year we will find our #2. 

Just now, Augie said:

Respectfully, it is not about THIS year. We got something for AJ where we could not for Nate. It WILL be Allen going forward. The question is when, and we just need to look down the road instead of focusing on the roadkill we all just watched Sunday. It will be Allen, then next year we will find our #2. 

Beane sacrificed AJ to fix his Coleman mistake and recoup the 7th he wasted by trading for him then cutting him. Just Another bust for beane. 

I appreciate the concern, but I don't see how you're gonna convince 31 other teams not to rush Allen as rushing the QB is a time honored defensive tactic. Maybe we can convince teams to count 3 Mississippi before rushing Allen. 

Edited by K-9

1 minute ago, COTC said:

No, it’s true.

A desperate GM is a bad GM

They were offered something for a QB who wasn’t going to start. They made the correct move and took the deal. McCarron couldn’t beat out Peterman or Allen not sure why people think he would have made any difference out there yesterday.

He is a man that has been playing football his whole life.

If he isn’t better than Peterman, right this very second, the Bills made a colossal mistake in selecting him 7th overall.

IMO, Allen is also mentally tough and will be able to endure a tough season....all the while learning on the job.

This kid won’t wilt like a flower.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

42 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

After one half, it is clear that Peterman is not an answer at QB,, yet I really hope that the Bills have the discipline to not force Josh Allen Into the lineup.  The combination of problems on the OL and at WR would make it difficult for a seasoned vet to even look decent.  Allen is a raw prospect who played at a low level of competition. If he is thrust into the lineup with expectations that he can somehow turn this moribund offense around, the Bills will be looking for a new QB in the draft next year because fans and media will run Allen out of town.

Allen is nowhere near ready and his supporting cast is awful.  Compare what we've seen of Allen vs Sam Darnold with the Jets.  Darnold is much more ready to play now.  He processes what he sees faster and he does not have mechanical issues to fix as Allen does.

Play Allen with this group at your peril and expect to hear people compare him to EJ Manuel by season's end.

We'll go 0-16 with Peterman

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, COTC said:

No, it’s true.

A desperate GM is a bad GM

You’re ridiculous assumptions are amusing, but tiring. You say the AJ move and the Coleman move are directly tied. I need to stay  off of here on days like this. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

They were offered something for a QB who wasn’t going to start. They made the correct move and took the deal. McCarron couldn’t beat out Peterman or Allen not sure why people think he would have made any difference out there yesterday.

Look who was judging them. You trust McD or Beane to find competent talent? 

Beane just covering his mistakes...

1 minute ago, Augie said:

You’re ridiculous assumptions are amusing, but tiring. You say the AJ move and the Coleman move are directly tied. I need to stay staff off of here on days like this. 

A seventh for a seventh. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the relationship is direct. 

Its at least logical, I’ll give beane that. 

Edited by COTC

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I appreciate the concern, but I don't see how you're gonna convince 31 other teams not to rush Allen as rushing the QB is a time honored defensive tactic. Maybe we can convince teams to count 3 Mississippi before rushing Allen. 

At the very least they should shout "Blitz" a few seconds before they rush so McD and Castillo can diagnose what went wrong during film study. 

3 minutes ago, COTC said:

A seventh for a seventh. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the relationship is direct. 

FALSE. A 7th AND a 7th in two different transactions. ZERO causal relationship, but a coincidence. That’s what it costs to take a flyer on a player. 

9 minutes ago, COTC said:

Look who was judging them. You trust McD or Beane to find competent talent? 

Beane just covering his mistakes...

Not sure what one has to do with the other. Team took a shot on a WR on a team devoid of speed on the outside. It didn’t work out can’t fault them for trying.

Reporters covering practices and watching McCarron play in the preseason shown me he was not going to be the answer on this team. Skittish in the pocket and slow in getting the ball out is a recipe for disaster. There was a reason he played the entire last preseason game. They were showcasing him to other teams in hopes of making a deal as he might have been cut anyway..

Edited by billieve420

Just now, Augie said:

FALSE. A 7th AND a 7th in two different transactions. ZERO causal relationship, but a coincidence. That’s what it costs to take a flyer on a player. 

We will see. I say the relationship was sexual and not a coincidence.  Oh wait, what are we talking about? Lol

Im sure this will be mentioned in an interview with beane at some point.