Don't Rush Allen

OldTimer1960

2 minutes ago, COTC said:

We will see. I say the relationship was sexual and not a coincidence.  Oh wait, what are we talking about? Lol

Im sure this will be mentioned in an interview with beane at some point. 

I doubt the sexual part comes up. Just a guess. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

I strongly disagree.  Let Allen play and develop.  There will be some positives from him this year.  if he can learn how to function and get by with a terrible O-line, think about how great he'll be when he finally does have a line.  Let him develop some quick reaction skills this year.  I guarantee it'll pay off in the years to come.

I’d let the rest of the offense settle down a little bit before putting the future at risk. What’s to be lost? Games? We’ll lose plenty this year. It actually helps, in a draft kind of way. Let’s see if we can keep Nate alive, just out of curiosity. This is currently a tire fire, no place to throw your future when you don’t need to put him at risk. There will be time, but this is not it. Patience. 

48 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I disagree with the myth that says a QB can be "ruined".

Allen will rise or fall to the level of his own ability, eventually.

Having said that, the organization basically made it clear that Allen was not ready.  That's why he didn't start Week 1.

So to start him now makes them look very bad.

To continue playing Peterman also makes them look bad.  Peterman would not be given a shot by any other team in the NFL but our coaching staff just can't let him go.

Lastly, we should have kept AJ as the go-between who plays until Allen is ready, but we shipped him out of town, also making the organization look bad.

Whole lotta bad looking stuff going on around here.

I heard a few NFL pundits in the pre season say "If you have a QB that's going to be ruined by playing, then you don't have a QB."  Makes sense to me.

And they just can't trot Nate out there this Sunday - one bad throw and the boobirds come out, if he throws a pick it's a full meltdown (me included)!

I disagree about keeping AJ, I really don't want to watch a mediocre QB string together enough good throws to maybe win us a few, I'd rather see Allen in there learning on the job!

36 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I appreciate the concern, but I don't see how you're gonna convince 31 other teams not to rush Allen as rushing the QB is a time honored defensive tactic. Maybe we can convince teams to count 3 Mississippi before rushing Allen. 

Can we run some sort of "Super Shotgun"?  The longsnapper hikes it back to Allen 20 yards back, with Allen's arm strength it's easy to make the now 30 yard throw for a first down! ?

32 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Not sure what one has to do with the other. Team took a shot on a WR on a team devoid of speed on the outside. It didn’t work out can’t fault them for trying.

Reporters covering practices and watching McCarron play in the preseason shown me he was not going to be the answer on this team. Skittish in the pocket and slow in getting the ball out is a recipe for disaster. There was a reason he played the entire last preseason game. They were showcasing him to other teams in hopes of making a deal as he might have been cut anyway..

Which is totally irresponsible to role with a rookie and Peterman. Beane has no plan.