Hypothetical 2019 scenario, please comment

elltrain22

Yes, I am already  bringing up 2019. We are terrible, in every sense of the word. I think we are a 4-win, at best, team. With that said, I anticipate we'll be in the top 3 for next year's NFL draft. So, here's my hypothetical question. If we are drafting at #1 next year, would  you rather take Oliver or Bosa at #1 pick, or move down to 4, 5, or 6, get a nice package of 2nd and 3rd round picks, and draft O-line & WR. What say you??

Hmmm good question.  Depends on free agency as well.  This team has alot of holes and we could use picks...but we already have a good number and it would be nice to get the best player in the draft.  For the draft gurus...who would must likely be there in the 4-6 range that you like?

Only way we are getting a haul for the #1 pick is if a QB everyone wants is sitting there.  I'm sure our current braintrust and some fans will disagree, but I'm skeptical we'll see enough from Allen to not strongly consider taking that QB (be it Herbert, Haskins, Stidham, Grier, etc) for ourselves.

Realistically, best case scenario, we are awful, end up with pick #1, yet Allen shows tremendous promise, allowing us to trade pick #1 for pick ~#5 plus a future 1st or two and some 2nds and 3rds.  Then we still likely get a stud DL (Oliver, Bosa, Gary, Raekwon Davis) and a bevy of picks to reload.

Move down and amass as many picks as possible!

We need 4 (yes 4) new OLs (all but Dawkins need to be replaced). 

We need 2 WRs.

We need 1 CB.

Likely need a LB and DL (Alexander and Williams replacements).

Sticking with the pick and grabbing Bosa would be a mistake.

Awesome player, would love to have him, but with all those holes above... just can't do it.

Depends a lot on Allen, if they determine he has a good shot at success then we are free to do whatever. If Allen doesn't look good, we have to go QB.  As far asa trading down, if they are sold on Bosa or Oliver take them, esp since kyle will be gone and  we have a lot of picks as it is.  

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Depends a lot on Allen, if they determine he has a good shot at success then we are free to do whatever. If Allen doesn't look good, we have to go QB.  As far asa trading down, if they are sold on Bosa or Oliver take them, esp since kyle will be gone and  we have a lot of picks as it is.  

If Allen doesnt look good...do you think they would actually pull the trigger on another QB?

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Move down and amass as many picks as possible!

We need 4 (yes 4) new OLs (all but Dawkins need to be replaced). 

We need 2 WRs.

We need 1 CB.

Likely need a LB and DL (Alexander and Williams replacements).

Sticking with the pick and grabbing Bosa would be a mistake.

Awesome player, would love to have him, but with all those holes above... just can't do it.

I'm dead serious when I say the Bills need:

• Two new starting wide receivers
  • A new starting tight end
  • A new LG, C, RG and RT
  • A new DE and new DT
  • A new SLB
  • A new CB and Nickel Back

This roster is a hot mess right now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

If we moved down 5th, 6th, or 7th, we'd accumalate alot of picks, especially if we're at #1. Some QB needy team would want to move up, just like last year. I'd love to draft Bosa or Oliver, but I'd rather get players, not just a player. We're playerS away from being a good offense, and we need as many picks as possible to stockpile talent. 

28 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

Yes, I am already  bringing up 2019. We are terrible, in every sense of the word. I think we are a 4-win, at best, team. With that said, I anticipate we'll be in the top 3 for next year's NFL draft. So, here's my hypothetical question. If we are drafting at #1 next year, would  you rather take Oliver or Bosa at #1 pick, or move down to 4, 5, or 6, get a nice package of 2nd and 3rd round picks, and draft O-line & WR. What say you??

Depends on draft talent.

trading down from 1-3 will cost teams additional 1sts on top of the pick you would flip with.

team needs in 2019 are...OL , RB, WR, OLB/DE CB,   Some of these can be addressed in free agency with buffalo having I think the 2nd most available capspace.

4 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

Knowing the Bills' luck, we'll want to trade down from the #1 pick but no team will be willing to break the bank for it. This is a weird period where almost all teams are set or set-ish at QB.

New England, San Diego, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Giants, Washington need a QB of the future

Miami, Denver, Minnesota, Detroit, Cincinnati, Indianapolis could be included based on this season

• Like (+1) 1