This one is on the coaches.

GreggTX

I know we don't have much talent on this roster, but most of these guys have at least played in the NFL before. The coaches simply MUST do a better job of getting this team prepared. It's only 1 game, but McDermott and Beane will need to get things turned around and at least show a little competitiveness or their tenure at OBD could be short lived.

Every realistic person understood that the team was going to take a step backwards this year as part of a full rebuild throughout the organization, but they simply can't perform this poorly all year or the Pegula's will lose all confidence in them.

I don't expect them to play this bad every week, though. Still, even my prediction of 4-5 wins is looking pretty shakey right now.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I disagree. 

We probably have the least talented team in the league. 

Coaching was a big reason we overachieved last year. 

The players simply didn't execute. We got dominated on both lines, and our QBs were awful. 

Yeah. I won't argue that point and specifically in L Frazier's case. He's a great DC. I have to say that I feel for Daboll with so little talent to work with. Still, they have to lift things up. Even if we don't win more than a couple games, 47-3 all year means heads will roll. At least stay within a score or 2, right? I can just imagine that postgame interview with Dareus if we play like that against the Jags. He'll be laughing at us for sure.

Edited by GreggTX

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I disagree. 

We probably have the least talented team in the league. 

Coaching was a big reason we overachieved last year. 

The players simply didn't execute. We got dominated on both lines, and our QBs were awful. 

One QB was awful - the other got no help from the receivers. But I do have to see the tape to confirm ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Looper said:

One QB was awful - the other got no help from the receivers. But I do have to see the tape to confirm ...

One QB showed he might not belong in the league. The other was much better in comparison, but still very bad relative to other NFL QBs. 

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

Every coach and player should be totally embarrassed and humiliated. There was NOBODY to like today. Christ what a pathetic effort.

You forgot the GM and  owner....they put this disaster on the field.  Sure the coaches could have done a better job, but there is only so much you can do with the talent you have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Azucho98 said:

You forgot the GM and  owner....they put this disaster on the field.  Sure the coaches could have done a better job, but there is only so much you can do with the talent you have.

Yeah, I think Beane is vulnerable, but again, as long as they show at least a little competitiveness. I don't think Kim Pegula's job is in danger, though.

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I actually thought daboll called a terrible game. Not much creativity on offense. I think we had one play action pass. Was there even a throw to a slot reciever today? Or a dump off to a running back? Badly called game 

Peterman is possibly the worst play action QB in NFL history. Did you watch any of the pre-season.  

12 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Peterman is possibly the worst play action QB in NFL history. Did you watch any of the pre-season.  

Maybe, but the play calls still didn't seem to play to his strengths. I dunno, just wasn't very creative Imo. Even for Allen, I thought the play calling was a bit weak 

One of the things that ticked me off the most today was the LB Lacey jumping off sides on a punt giving them a 1st down. What the heck was he really going to rush in & block the punt---all he has to do is get in the way of his man for a few seconds.

• Thank you (+1) 1