2018 Nathan Peterman = 2013 Jeff Tuel

If this makes Allen "the guy" all season long, and much sooner than the coaching staff would otherwise have played him, this is indeed a blessing.

Means we won't waste time sizing up what we have with him.  If he doesn't look like he has it, I don't want to waste any more time than is necessary with him, especially if we end up with a top 3 draft pick.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Tuel played better than that. He lit the Chiefs up when they came in at 8-0 and they should have won that game. I was there watching it. Yeah he made some bad plays but still...way more than what Peterman did.

Tuel had a 52 QB rating that game. He was very mediocre and didn’t light **** up.

But, compared to Peterman, he looked like Johnny U.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Tuel had a 52 QB rating that game. He was very mediocre and didn’t light **** up.

But, compared to Peterman, he looked like Johnny U.

He threw a bomb to Goodwin for a TD on the first series I believe and we moved the ball well. Yeah he had a terrible INT on the goal line that was returmed for a TD that basically lost the game and then another one that really wasn't his fault down near our endzone but overall he did enough that we should have won that game.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

He threw a bomb to Goodwin for a TD on the first series I believe and we moved the ball well. Yeah he had a terrible INT on the goal line that was returmed for a TD that basically lost the game and then another one that really wasn't his fault down near our endzone but overall he did enough that we should have won that game.

Right.

That was the game when the Bills RB fumbled on his way into the end zone, wasn’t it?

Who was that RB?

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. And JT didn't really belong in the league either. 

I’m trying to figure out when it’s acceptable to ask all of the Petermaniacs for an apology? We said that he sucked and took heat. He sucks. Is anyone going to be bold enough to own it and admit that he is trash?

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Right.

That was the game when the Bills RB fumbled on his way into the end zone, wasn’t it?

Who was that RB?

No I think that was the next year...Bryce Brown...that was when Watkins literally just let his man go instead of block him and the dude ran over and stripped the ball as he was running into the EZ at the 1 yard line

I was at both of those KC games in back to back years and it was the same thing both times...we kicked the crap out of them they got some BS turnovers just as we were about to score and they literally did nothing on offense but ended up winning the game...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m trying to figure out when it’s acceptable to ask all of the Petermaniacs for an apology? We said that he sucked and took heat. He sucks. Is anyone going to be bold enough to own it and admit that he is trash?

Some of them will never do that. Another thread earlier the biggest Peterman  fanatic insisted 0% of the game was Peterman fault and Allen is a bust ?

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I am. I already wrote that I was wrong. I figure you chose to ignore that. No, I'm not apologizing though. I don't see the need. Nate was good in training camp AND pre-season. Josh Allen didn't beat him. I need to see 2 more games before I officially pull the plug on Nate.  Even EJ Manuel got more games with me before I ditched him for good. Once I withdraw my support, there's no going back for me. I see how some posters here wanting Fitzpatrick back here; got to be kidding.

Just like how I pulled the plug on Fitz, JP Losman, Drew Bledsoe, Trent Edwards, Jeff Tuel, EJ Manuel, and Tyrod, it's permanent. I couldn't care less about Fitz's 400 yards today. He'll go back to being Fitz again. He'll put up ok numbers, but can't lead a team to serious victories in the playoffs. He'll choke. Throw picks. Just like how he showed in Buffalo.

No, no apology. You took heat? It definitely wasn't from me.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What I can't figure out is how so many people think he can or has done things he really doesn't do. 

The arm issue, which is huge, is only one of 4-5 glaring deficiencies. 

I said here in the spring that Peterman is not even going to make the team. I was ultimately dead wrong about that (even though he shouldn't have). But in the same breath, before OTAs even started, said my biggest fear was he would wow the coaches and fans in practice and preseason because he does certain things well that CAN succeed in practice and preseason but not when real bullets fly. 

That's exactly what happened. And I'm not always right at all. I made other predictions that didn't come true. But that was OBVIOUS to me. And it's scary to think McD didn't see it. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

Peterman may be worse than any QB I remember on the Bills, and that includes Ferragamo and Mathison.

Joe Dufek  and Matt Kofler too.  Hell, Brian Brohm, Gibrian Hamdan and Joe Webb were better.

Edited by Azucho98

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

What I can't figure out is how so many people think he can or has done things he really doesn't do. 

I said here in the spring that Peterman is not even going to make the team. I was ultimately dead wrong about that (even though he shouldn't have). But in the same breath, before OTAs even started, said my biggest fear was he would wow the coaches and fans in practice and preseason because he does certain things well that CAN succeed in practice and preseason but not when real bullets fly. 

That's exactly what happened. And I'm not always right at all. I made other predictions that didn't come true. But that was OBVIOUS to me. And it's scary to think McD didn't see it. 

@GunnerBill was right. He did a ton of work and provided an honest (but unpopular) opinion. He was 100% right (as usual).

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

I am. I already wrote that I was wrong. I figure you chose to ignore that. No, I'm not apologizing though. I don't see the need. Nate was good in training camp AND pre-season. Josh Allen didn't beat him. I need to see 2 more games before I officially pull the plug on Nate.  Even EJ Manuel got more games with me before I ditched him for good. Once I withdraw my support, there's no going back for me. I see how some posters here wanting Fitzpatrick back here; got to be kidding.

Just like how I pulled the plug on Fitz, JP Losman, Drew Bledsoe, Trent Edwards, Jeff Tuel, EJ Manuel, and Tyrod, it's permanent. I couldn't care less about Fitz's 400 yards today. He'll go back to being Fitz again. He'll put up ok numbers, but can't lead a team to serious victories in the playoffs. He'll choke. Throw picks. Just like how he showed in Buffalo.

No, no apology. You took heat? It definitely wasn't from me.

I don’t need to see more. That’s the difference. I didn’t need to see this. I already knew he sucked. I’m not sure he will see another chance. When you come around though you can come join us. The water is warm!!

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

See? That's the thing. I can be fooled. Anyone can. If I saw someone performing extremely well in practice and team scrimmages consistently and then play well in practice games, I see that the player is probably good. The competing QBs are not beating him.

That's why they play the real games to truly see. It's just one game and yes, Peterman sucked bad. But again, I need to see 2 more starts before I say bye bye to Nate. I predicted that Nate is going to start all 16 games. That doesn't look like it's gonna happen unless he turns it around. And he's only getting 2 more games from me. I don't know if he's getting 2 more starts.

That's a good enough sample size for me to jump ship.