Jerry Sullivan Strikes Back With A VENGEANCE, Slams The BN, The Pegulas, and some of the Buffalo fanbase

BuffaloRush

35 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

This entire Millenium, aside from a small reprieve last year, has been an embarassing Titanic style disaster. Let's forget about all the buffoon HCs, the incompetent GMs, the clueless owners, the wasted draft picks and questionable trades, the bottom line is this little table.

Bills Millennium Record v.s. Playoff Teams

2000 = 1-6
2001 = 1-8
2002 = 0-3
2003 = 1-5
2004 = 3-4
2005 = 2-4
2006 = 1-6
2007 = 0-6
2008 = 1-3
2009 = 1-4
2010 = 0-8
2011 = 3-2
2012 = 0-5
2013 = 1-4
2014 = 2-3
2015 = 1-4
2016 = 1-3
2017 = 3-2

TOTAL = 22- 80 (20%) 

it is just the facts ma'am about the year over year, abject failure. Whenever the Bills faced a good, playoff bound team- they generally folded... badly... 4 times out of 5.

That's what Sully kept on about relentlessly and I for one, appreciated it!

Big whoop.   The Bills being bad is a cheap excuse for Sully being lazy and boring.  Other columnists (Felser, Ranallo, Kelley) covered bad teams for years and never phoned it in like Sully did over the past decade.  Columnists in other cities with bad teams (Will McDonough and the Pats in the 1970s and 80s) never did either.    

Sully was two faced and dishonest, as those with memories long enough to remember his columns can attest.  He slagged the Bills for not extending Fitzpatrick, then slagged them for locking him up.  He hailed hiring Tom Donahoe and later said it was the dumbest move ever.   He was all for signing Drew Bledsoe, then he wasn't.   Over and over, rinse and repeat.  And he knew he could get away with it because the average fan was just like "Rex," the fictional drinking buddy he used in many of his columns.

I get a sense that Jerry's defenders are part of the barstool crowd he was writing for.   If that's the case, I guess he did his job...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gigs said:

Who the !@#$ clicks “ok” on pop ups? That’s internet 101

It’s one of those pop-ups that you can’t close.  Your only option is to close the browser or click ok.  

5 hours ago, SDS said:

Firstly, please don’t turn into a walking advertisement for that website.

Secondly, this is a problem everywhere. Spammers take advantage of code in ads and insert these  malicious gift card ads. This is more of a hijacking then it is purposeful on their part. Presumably, it could happen here without my knowledge.

But how to spammers have access to the site’s code?  Do they add some sort of code in the comments section?

Although I always thought his work was repetitive and predictable. This episode with Cam Newton was what finally caused me to actively try not to read his articles.  Cam Newton , who probably didn't know squat about Jerry Sullivan, figured him out in 20 seconds when saying “it’s an issue to you”. 

This made the BN look bad, and It made me realize that he only catered to a minuscule fan base. 

The problem Jerry Sullivan and many older reporters in many different media markets, is that it gets to the point where he thinks he is smarter than the people making real decisions. Because of that, no matter the outcome of any situation he wrote with a negative bias to the point if it being Fake News and more importantly he interacted with the Bills Brass with this same negativity. It was getting worse. Any New ownership, new General Manager and new Coach would take offense to his attitude. If McD thinks Sullivan or any media personnel is undermining the culture he is trying to instill he would do something about it. I am confident McD is a straight shooter, had some conversations surrounding the guy both within the organization and outside it (the BN) to get him to back off and he wouldn't. McD was and still is "draining the swamp" and media is part of it.

7 hours ago, SDS said:

Firstly, please don’t turn into a walking advertisement for that website.

Secondly, this is a problem everywhere. Spammers take advantage of code in ads and insert these  malicious gift card ads. This is more of a hijacking then it is purposeful on their part. Presumably, it could happen here without my knowledge.

The gift card spam is getting worse. Are you saying they are all  malicious spam?  The only way out I know of is shut the site doen.

Then reopen. i never click yes/no. I even called my internet provider because the gift card junk pops up constantly. They never gave a straight answer if they were doing it. Lately Amazon gift cards have been popping up. 

11 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

As some people here new Bucky and Sully's new venture is the Buffalo Football Maven.  It's a website that follows a similar model of The Athletic.  The only difference is that it's only NFL football and it's free and supported through advertising.  You can check it out here:

https://footballmaven.io/bills/

I was on my phone and I saw a link on Twitter that the Jerry Sullivan mailbag was back so I clicked on it.  I read the article for about 10 second when all of a sudden an annoying dialogue box pops up.  I tapped on the button that said "ok" to close it, thinking it would take me back to the article.  Instead I was forced onto another site where it said my ISP was giving me a free $100 Wal-Mart gift card.  There was no way to get back to the article without closing the browser tab completely.   So I closed it and read the mailbag again, when the same exact thing happened.   This happened about 3 times before I said "forget this."

I do have to say, I didn't have these issues when I used my laptop.  Still the ads made the mobile experience horrendous.  I'm curious to know whether it's just my experience on my iPhone of it works like this for all mobile devices because I literally couldn't read the articles on the site without getting the gift card pop up

17 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

The gift card spam is getting worse. Are you saying they are all  malicious spam?  The only way out I know of is shut the site doen.

Then reopen. i never click yes/no. I even called my internet provider because the gift card junk pops up constantly. They never gave a straight answer if they were doing it. Lately Amazon gift cards have been popping up. 

In a word: Chrome

Get chrome and turn on the ad blocker. Then even when the pop-ups make it through they open in a new tab and you can just close the new tab.

In the default browser (pixel 2, galaxy note 5/8) I have the same problems not being able to close windows and being redirected to spam (and no back button functionality), now with chrome as default browser, problem solved.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

In a word: Chrome

Get chrome and turn on the ad blocker. Then even when the pop-ups make it through they open in a new tab and you can just close the new tab.

In the default browser (pixel 2, galaxy note 5/8) I have the same problems not being able to close windows and being redirected to spam (and no back button functionality), now with chrome as default browser, problem solved.

Thank you but I do have the Chrome browser for iOS and I tried opening and got the same thing.  

It it looks like the Buffalo Maven may have fixed the problem.  

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Thank you but I do have the Chrome browser for iOS and I tried opening and got the same thing.  

It it looks like the Buffalo Maven may have fixed the problem.  

Do you have the ad-blocker AND the popup/redirect blocker both turned on? (Under site settings)

1 hour ago, bobblehead said:

Although I always thought his work was repetitive and predictable. This episode with Cam Newton was what finally caused me to actively try not to read his articles.  Cam Newton , who probably didn't know squat about Jerry Sullivan, figured him out in 20 seconds when saying “it’s an issue to you”. 

This made the BN look bad, and It made me realize that he only catered to a minuscule fan base. 

This is a example of why Jerry was a great reporter.  There was a time when the press confronted people, and asked the “tough” questions and actually tried to get answers.  You couldn’t get away with a BS response or they would call you out on it.  This happened during the Whaley press conference too.  Whaley was given terrible answers which made no sense, so Bucky and Sully calmed him out on it.

You don’t really see this in journalism today.  A player or coach can just mumble an answer that makes no sense and other reporters are too timid to ask a follow up.

1 hour ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

The problem Jerry Sullivan and many older reporters in many different media markets, is that it gets to the point where he thinks he is smarter than the people making real decisions. Because of that, no matter the outcome of any situation he wrote with a negative bias to the point if it being Fake News and more importantly he interacted with the Bills Brass with this same negativity. It was getting worse. Any New ownership, new General Manager and new Coach would take offense to his attitude. If McD thinks Sullivan or any media personnel is undermining the culture he is trying to instill he would do something about it. I am confident McD is a straight shooter, had some conversations surrounding the guy both within the organization and outside it (the BN) to get him to back off and he wouldn't. McD was and still is "draining the swamp" and media is part of it.

I think it’s somewhat presumptuous to think McDermott was the one behind Sully’s removal.  

On 9/6/2018 at 10:24 PM, zonabb said:

Don't care what he says, won't read it. But these are the facts:

1. He dreamed of covering his hometown Boston teams, preferably the Celtics and he was so awful no paper would have him. 

2. His writing skills are subpar, which certainly forced him into staying in the bottom media market and not allowing him to rise as he thought he should.

3. His insight and analysis was subpar. He was no Felser or Kelly.

4. he had zero connection to players, coaches or fans, cutting his credibility and ability to be good.

5. Of those who resigned, were let go, or otherwise departed the news, this prick is the only one still unemployed.

5. He can cut us down as fans and as a city all he wants but the fact remains, he sucked at his job, grew to be a bitter reporter due to his own inadequacies and inabilities and inadequecies he took his misery and lack of success out on sports teams and fans. He tried covering sports like we need people covering politics. Teams owe us nothing and he and other entitled media types often miss this point (Schopp is one as well)... which is teams owe you zero. Zero access, zero answers, zero truth. 

6. And since he likes cutting us down, let's not forget that this miserable curmudgeon was a divorced by his wife and his skank of a daughter ended up on some reality TV and is a basically a pole dancer in Vegas. 

So stop feeding this troll. He's a stain on the media in this town, a self-loathing, miserable loser who's era of winning the fight because his employer bought ink by the barrel is long over since every other talentless ahole has a voice as miserable and useless as his.

Have fun in the dustbin of Buffalo media history. This city owes you nothing and we'd be happy if you departed, tail between you legs and weekly unemployment check dangling in your hand.

You know the guy still has a radio show and a column at another media entity I'm not familiar with. 

You'll still see what he has to say. I think some of you have cared too much about what he said about your football team. It's unhinged. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

It’s one of those pop-ups that you can’t close.  Your only option is to close the browser or click ok.  

But how to spammers have access to the site’s code?  Do they add some sort of code in the comments section?

If interested, here's an article about it

Or at least one strategy for it.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

If Sully wasn’t around during the drought, the News would’ve run columns like:

”All EJ needs is more time.”

”Doug Whaley, football genius.”

Both written by Tyler Dunne.

When did Dunne write any articles like that?

Edited by GunnerBill