Why is everyone talking up the Ravens in the National Media

RPbillsfan

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They shuffle the WRs every year trying to make Flacco look better. They finally drafted his replacement. When was the last time they made the playoffs or beat a decent team? 

John keeps getting hit with the OTA violations too. Does he not know them or just intentionally cheating?

Starting from the end: intentionally cheating would be my guess; depends upon your def. of decent team, maybe Lions on 3 Dec last year? though they put a scare on the Stillers the following week; 2014.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Starting from the end: intentionally cheating would be my guess; depends upon your def. of decent team, maybe Lions on 3 Dec last year? though they put a scare on the Stillers the following week; 2014.

They almost always split with the Steelers every year. Divisional rivals/intimate knowledge 

3 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

The Browns were 4 - 0 in preseason last year.

For whatever it's worth, they were 3 - 1 this year - Bills loss!

Yes and the Ravens have won like 13 straight preseason games going back to 2015, but have not made the playoffs at all.

They much like the Bills have been average the last several years - some ups and some downs - wins against lowly teams like Cleveland and losses agains the better teams like Pittsburgh.  

It all means nothing until after the game Sunday.

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

Bills - in the NFL 1970-2017:  in the postseason 14 times.

Ravens - in the NFL 1996-2017:  in the postseason 10 times (including two Super Bowl wins).

That's why everyone's talking up the Ravens.  They are a wildly successful franchise, which Buffalo is absolutely not.

Over the past 5 seasons the Ravens W-L record is 40-40 with one playoff appearance.

Over the past 5 seasons the Bills W-L record is 39-41 with one playoff appearance.

Ravens viewed as great franchise on the verge of getting back into SB contention.

Bills viewed as trash franchise that should be one of worst teams in the league this season.

Makes sense to me!

1 minute ago, eball said:

Over the past 5 seasons the Ravens W-L record is 40-40 with one playoff appearance.

Over the past 5 seasons the Bills W-L record is 39-41 with one playoff appearance.

Ravens viewed as great franchise on the verge of getting back into SB contention.

Bills viewed as trash franchise that should be one of worst teams in the league this season.

Makes sense to me!

Don’t forget they play the Browns 2x a year instead of the Pats. Must be nice. 

1 minute ago, eball said:

Makes sense to me!

Bills have 2 green QBs a new OC and a crap O line.  I think it's a stretch to call the Ravens on the verge of being contenders; but for people to predict the Bills having a rough season is perfectly understandable to me.

And let's call a spade a spade, here ... the Bills have been a horrible franchise.  I think most people would agree that they finally appear to be headed in the other direction; it's just not going to start this year.  That's a fair assessment to me.

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bills have 2 green QBs a new OC and a crap O line.  I think it's a stretch to call the Ravens on the verge of being contenders; but for people to predict the Bills having a rough season is perfectly understandable to me.

And let's call a spade a spade, here ... the Bills have been a horrible franchise.  I think most people would agree that they finally appear to be headed in the other direction; it's just not going to start this year.  That's a fair assessment to me.

That's right, it started last year.  Get with the program, Gug!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Probably talking about the Ravens because they looked good against a team that should rank 35th in the order of NFL teams.  Yeah, I know.....

Half the posters on here last week had the Bills winning, Flacco was garbage and the Ravens D wasn’t anything special....

They were quite mouthy about it....

• Like (+1) 1