Why is everyone talking up the Ravens in the National Media

RPbillsfan

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jim needs to go back to the nfl. His dinosaur offense from the mid 90s is killing him in the college game. And he’s getting dunked on in recruiting. 

I think he will be out at Michigan this year. Jim Harbaugh's specialty - and he is special at it - is turnarounds. If you want to win Championships then get someone else.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

John Harbaugh is a brilliant football coach.

This is true, he is one of the best.  I also think they are going to be able to run the ball this year with Alex Collins and they have added several weapons on offense to help Flacco.  I can definitely see them contending for the playoffs.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

This is true, he is one of the best.  I also think they are going to be able to run the ball this year with Alex Collins and they have added several weapons on offense to help Flacco.  I can definitely see them contend for the playoffs.

Yea they are not a Superbowl contender but they should certainly be in 9 or 10 win territory again

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he will be out at Michigan this year. Jim Harbaugh's specialty - and he is special at it - is turnarounds. If you want to win Championships then get someone else.

Agreed, I think the loss at ND and then the loss at OSU coming up later will be the final nails in his job at Michigan.    I don't know where he goes from there.   South Carolina?   

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Agreed, I think the loss at ND and then the loss at OSU coming up later will be the final nails in his job at Michigan.    I don't know where he goes from there.   South Carolina?   

I can assure you there will be a thread here campaigning for Harbaugh to replace McDermott.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I can assure you there will be a thread here campaigning for Harbaugh to replace McDermott.

I can assure you I will be 1000% against any part of that.    If he wanted to get back into the NFL he should have won a national title. 

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Reputation...none of these writers have a clue what's going to happen this season.....they all said Bills would be a 2-4 win team last season

This is it.  There are a slew of teams in the NFL that get talked up because of past successes, and Baltimore sits among this group.  The conventional wisdom is acting like Ray Lewis and The Goose are still on the team.  It's a shell of its former self, but they have the Super Bowls, and therefore...

Very beatable by a lot of teams.  I don't know about this Sunday, but a Bills win wouldn't really surprise me.

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I don't think Dorsey is that stupid.    I think the next HC of the Browns after Hue gets fired this year will be from the pros but a proven winner unlike Hue was.  

I only say it because I see him in the NFL only IF he leaves UM (not convinced that will actually happen) and Haslam tried to “trade” for him a few years ago. He’s also from Ohio.

7 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I keep hearing about how good the Ravens are and how they will challenge for a playoff spot in the AFC.

Really, they have an average QB with a dimenishing skill set, no top of the line running backs (sorry, don't see Alex Collins as even close to elite), an ok offensive line, very solid at T, interior decent.  The WR group dosent scare me challenging the Bills secondary and their #1 pick TE Hayden Hurst is out Sunday.

Defense is solid and not spectacular, solid outside pass rush in Suggs and Judon, very average secondary.  Defensive line is solid but again not elite and they are down two starters one on the defensive line (Willie Harris) and without their top corner in Jimmy Smith (suspended for being a knucklehead)

The special teams return game is weak, great placekicker in Justin Tucker and a good punter.

They have the look to me of a 6 win team at best.

So, please tell me why the national media is all over their jocks unless I'm totally missing something.

We made the playoffs last year.  This Ravens team has more talent than we did.  Their D and Pass Rush is legit.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I only say it because I see him in the NFL only IF he leaves UM (not convinced that will actually happen) and Haslam tried to “trade” for him a few years ago. He’s also from Ohio.

Well I mean I say I don't think Dorsey is that stupid but he didn't fire Hue when he got there so you may be right.   He should have brought Nagy with him instead of letting him go to Chicago.    

And he should have drafted Chubb instead of Ward, but again maybe he is that stupid. 

Edited by Soda Popinski

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

Well I mean I say I don't think Dorsey is that stupid but he didn't fire Hue when he got there so you may be right.   He should have brought Nagy with him instead of letting him go to Chicago.    

I think a lot depends on how much power Dorsey has. Rumor is that he wanted to replace Hue and Haslam wouldn’t let him. That could change with time or it could be Haslam still overriding. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

This is it.  There are a slew of teams in the NFL that get talked up because of past successes, and Baltimore sits among this group.  The conventional wisdom is acting like Ray Lewis and The Goose are still on the team.  It's a shell of its former self, but they have the Super Bowls, and therefore...

Very beatable by a lot of teams.  I don't know about this Sunday, but a Bills win wouldn't really surprise me.

Yep the list looks something like this: Baltimore, Denver, Seattle, Dallas, New York Giants, & Chicago. The way people will speak down on the Bills for any issue big or small, they will do the opposite for these teams in a positive way. Chicago is being talked about like their the new Rams despite playing in a division with probably the most complete team in the NFL (MIN) and best QB who single handily can win a Super Bowl by himself. But yea Trubisky is going to in one year make a jump to beat those guys.

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Yep the list looks something like this: Baltimore, Denver, Seattle, Dallas, New York Giants, & Chicago. The way people will speak down on the Bills for any issue big or small, they will do the opposite for these teams in a positive way. Chicago is being talked about like their the new Rams despite playing in a division with probably the most complete team in the NFL (MIN) and best QB who single handily can win a Super Bowl by himself. But yea Trubisky is going to in one year make a jump to beat those guys.

The Bears are a team on the rise but they still have the least proven QB/HC combo in the division. Now, if Mack grinds A-a-Ron’s shoulder into the ground on Sunday and he’s out for say, 3 weeks or so, I won’t complain ;)

Edited by YoloinOhio