Pats cut TD Mike Gillislee per CBS Sports

On 8/17/2018 at 10:26 AM, RoyBatty is alive said:

<Moderator edited to save a warning>Sony Michel their rd 1 RB is hurt.  Gilisslee is a lock for the PAts.  Why not start a thread asking if we should pick up Brady if he gets cut.

This post didnt age well. 

Edited by Idandria
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/17/2018 at 10:19 AM, MAJBobby said:

However does this hurt BB genius status??  I notice he does have ALOT of misses but yet is always a genius with every signing.

BB seems to me to be an improvement at picking college prospects, where DW was better at picking up FA's.

Maybe we can petition OBD to rehire DW in a limited capacity to assist with FA's.

Or split the job, and call them WhaleyBeanes..................................Martavious WhaleyBeanes.............

On 8/17/2018 at 10:18 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

I think we do.  Get the playbook then cut his azz after Pats** game.

Assuming he knows the playbook.....I always wondered how hard or digital copies of the playbook are controlled. If my team handed me a hardcopy I'd PDF the whole book at home just in case. I might be a coach one day....leverage it to get a roster spot....or just keep it for memorabilia, and cash in on eBay.

2 minutes ago, The Process said:

Assuming he knows the playbook.....I always wondered how hard or digital copies of the playbook are controlled. If my team handed me a hardcopy I'd PDF the whole book at home just in case. I might be a coach one day....leverage it to get a roster spot....or just keep it for memorabilia, and cash in on eBay.

They are kept on tablets these days. 

50 minutes ago, section122 said:

I stand by my original prediction of the td mike signing was a bluff by bb trying to force the Bills to match a bad contract.  The Bills called their bluff and got an extra 5th out of the deal.

May have been. 

Maybe BB was trying to feel out who McD and Beane are, trying to see what he is dealing with, getting to know the enemy.

20 minutes ago, pop gun said:

May have been. 

Maybe BB was trying to feel out who McD and Beane are, trying to see what he is dealing with, getting to know the enemy.

I personally think he misread the analytics on Gillislee. He was signed due to his “efficiency” but I think that was more due to the OL, scheme, Mobile QB in Buffalo, and how he was used here. He isn’t built to be a short yardage back like the way BB wanted to use him. He scored most of his TDs outside the red zone in Buffalo.