Sal Carpaccio: Corey Coleman Is In Trouble

Message added by Chandler#81

Cut

56 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not every player move works out

This bills management seems to have the ability to recognize mistakes quickly and move on from them quickly.....they could have compounded it by keeping him and not developing a player that they felt had more potential

That's the "glass half full" mentality. 

Me?  I'm wondering why this coach and GM seem horribly inept at evaluating and acquiring offensive talent, across the board.  Take a quick look at Carolina's offense.  This is a pattern.

Edited by Chicken Boo

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

That's the "glass half full" mentality. 

Me?  I'm wondering why this coach and GM seem horribly inept at evaluating and acquiring offensive talent, across the board.  Take a quick look at Carolina's offense.  This is a pattern.

And yet in their first year working playoffs do we ignore the results because we don’t like the way they got there?

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

And yet in their first year working playoffs do we ignore the results because we don’t like the way they got there?

To be fair, in 31 other cities that gets a pat on the back and what have you done for me lately. So, yea, how they got their probably matters more than simply the benchmark of getting there in the long run. I’m open to debate of what people think of how they did it though. 

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am grateful for the long overdue playoff birth, but last year was last year.  I'm not one to rest on past accomplishments.

Set your sights a little further and much higher.

This offense is putrid!

Today in Pattern Recognition Theatre...

Before 2017 Season..."Oh god, this roster looks terrible!  Look at this team on paper!  We're going to get the top pick in the draft!  This front office is terrible!  We suck!"

2017 Season...9-7, end of 17-year playoff drought.  Seven point road playoff loss.

Before 2018 Season..."Oh god, this roster looks terrible!  Look at this team on paper!  We're going to get the top pick in the draft!  This front office is terrible!  We suck!"

?

On 8/31/2018 at 1:13 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the driver to keep Coleman is financial.  His salary is guaranteed this year and next.  $3.5M dead cap to cut him.

Not necessarily if his contract does not have a "no offset" clause and if another team was as foolish as our team to sign him. 

It may be that he did not want to play in Buffalo and can convince another team to sign him and could have let it drop via back door he would be available.

2 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

It was a homerun swing and a miss... but I am glad they took the swing.  As  has already been elaborated many times, the cost  was minimal and the potential was incredible.  Though they missed this time, I am glad to have management that is taking measured risks, within the framework of a clear plan.  

Just because it is "elaborated" does not make it true, the cost is  NOT minimal, it is significant, a pick and 3.5 million.  Minimal would be signing Dez Bryant to a vet minimum deal wihthno guaranteed and then waiving him.   And no I dont think that will happen nor would I want it to.   How was the potential "incredible"?  The guy has been a disappointment with known attitude issues.  He demonstrated how emotionally immature he was on hard knocks.   The risk was bigger than you say and the upside was less than what you say in my opinion.  You make a good point about moving on from a mistake, that is a good thing.  At the end of the day this is not a huge deal but I view it as a mistake and not just because he is cut, I thought it was a mistake when the trade happened.

49 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Today in Pattern Recognition Theatre...

Before 2017 Season..."Oh god, this roster looks terrible!  Look at this team on paper!  We're going to get the top pick in the draft!  This front office is terrible!  We suck!"

2017 Season...9-7, end of 17-year playoff drought.  Seven point road playoff loss.

Before 2018 Season..."Oh god, this roster looks terrible!  Look at this team on paper!  We're going to get the top pick in the draft!  This front office is terrible!  We suck!"

?

1) It's likely the defense will not be the takeaway machine they were last year.

2)  We all know Peterman is good for eleventybillion pick sixes this season.

I mean, we'll see but, it's kinda right there in your face.

Just now, AllenWillBust said:

1) It's likely the defense will not be the takeaway machine they were last year.

2)  We all know Peterman is good for eleventybillion pick sixes this season.

I mean, we'll see but, it's kinda right there in your face.

Umm...the only actual *facts* we have are last season's results.  Everything else is *speculation*.

Isn't engaging in sports rife with speculation?  I mean, now we can like gamble legally too... 

I've no issue with speculation, so long as speculation isn't presented as fact.  For example, "Allen looks like a bust." or "I think Allen is a bust." is fine, while "Allen is a bust." is not.

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I've no issue with speculation, so long as speculation isn't presented as fact.  For example, "Allen looks like a bust." or "I think Allen is a bust." is fine, while "Allen is a bust." is not.

If you take that stuff as presented as fact, then hmm, how long have you been on the internet?  And do you happen to watch any "news" these days? lol

Edit:  I forgot to put news in quotes, silly me.

Edited by AllenWillBust

If you take that stuff as presented as fact, then hmm, how long have you been on the internet?  And do you happen to watch any news these days? lol

If you can't see the difference in presenting something as opinion vs. presenting it as fact...nothing I can do to help you.  Anywho, nearing front a snack bar line, so I'm outta here.

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

If you can't see the difference in presenting something as opinion vs. presenting it as fact...nothing I can do to help you.  Anywho, nearing front a snack bar line, so I'm outta here.

I'm not sure I'm the one that needs the help operating internet forums, but bye.  Thought you already said bye, but yet you're still following me.  Hmm.

7 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

If you take that stuff as presented as fact, then hmm, how long have you been on the internet?  And do you happen to watch any "news" these days? lol

Edit:  I forgot to put news in quotes, silly me.

Quote this.....what kind of !@#$ creates a username and avatar such as yours

tenor.gif