Bovada Over-Under on Josh Allen 2018 Games Started is 13.5

Of course everyone would think under when they see that number...

But you have to wonder how in the world they came to that number in the 1st place?...I heard that on GR today and immediately thought...He's starting vs Balt...

We'll see I guess...?

28 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Of course everyone would think under when they see that number...

But you have to wonder how in the world they came to that number in the 1st place?...I heard that on GR today and immediately thought...He's starting vs Balt...

We'll see I guess...?

Well in theory they came to that number because it is the dividing line where half of gamblers think the answer is "under" and half think the answer is "over" such that it doesn't matter what happens for the house to win.

That's how all of gambling works.

What this says is that widespread opinion is that Allen will start Game 1 and basically play all year.

Which is entirely possible. 

Edited by Fadingpain

28 minutes ago, Moulds_80 said:

Ill take the under...I see Peterman good for 5 games then Allen coming in 

That's how I feel. 

11 or 12 games

I think that's why 13.5 is the perfect number. Highest odds are either starting the season or coming in a 3rd the way through. Less likely is he's coming in  3/4ths the way in after Bills are out of playoff contention.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Well in theory they came to that number because it is the dividing line where half of gamblers think the answer is "under" and half think the answer is "over" such that it doesn't matter what happens for the house to win.

That's how all of gambling works.

What this says is that widespread opinion is that Allen will start Game 1 and basically play all year.

Which is entirely possible. 

Agreed...

What I specifically meant about coming to that number is what they are hearing from the inside...?

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

Agreed...

What I specifically meant about coming to that number is what they are hearing from the inside...?

That number is a strong indication that the betting public thinks he starts the season. As a Bills fan that bet almost looks too easy. When it looks that easy  I try and stay away, the clincher for me is I’m not ok with hoping Allen fails or gets hurt so I can get paid. 

I will hammer the Ravens and Broncos win totals and behave myself. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

That number is a strong indication that the betting public thinks he starts the season.

If you are not a fan and don't follow the team closely, you see a 1st round QB that they traded up for, Cincy's backup, and a guy who threw 5 INTs at the QB position. It's not even a competition in most people's minds, and that number reflects that. 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Compared to top ten picks it’s actually relatively conservative 

Mayfield’s is set at 4.5 IIRC

The over for Allen is -115 so it’s getting more action than the under. The big money would have hammered the under by now, I don’t see the betting public keeping up with them on something that looks so obvious.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s kind of my thought. These guys are going to get killed!!

I think 13.5 might be the o/u for the total number of QB’s we will need through the season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I would never ever bet on this, but I really just think it's more likely Allen starts the vast majority of the year.

Either Peterman starts week 1 and gets benched in week 1, 2, 3, or 4.

OR

McDermott doesn't announce the starter all the way up until the Ravens game in order to try to give his rookie every competitive advantage he can get and trots Allen out there under center right away.

Regardless, I don't think McDermott is going to pull Allen once he's in there unless he gets injured.  I think he's shown enough poise and composure that once he starts, he's our starter.