Has there ever been a more anticipated Bills preseason game?

The players I recall who created the most anticipation...  

O.J.  I was only 10 years old when he was drafted but I still remember the hoopla even though my immediate family in Cheektowaga were not football fans.  Everyone else in the neighborhood, and many of my friends in the 5th grade, were talking excitedly about OJ.  OJ was the overall first pick in the draft and a transcendent talent.  And in those days, RBs were considered as important - maybe more important - than QBs.  

Kelly.  The thing about Kelly was that he was a star in college and again in the USFL.  In other words, there were few who doubted his talent.  We just knew he was going to be a star.

And both of these guys came us when we really needed a savior.  OJ was drafted after a 1 win season.  Kelly came to us after back to back 2 win seasons.  Anticipation in both cases was sky high.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’m keeping expectations of Josh in check and just hoping for a scoring drive or two in there somewhere tomorrow but I cannot remember a more anticipated preseason game people are actually nervous for this game 

I posted this same topic back in July, and this board made fun of me. Just shows you the stupidity of many of the posters here:

13 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

People are miss-remembering the EJ days. He was never really thought of as the answer...we just hoped for the best.

It’s just using the EJ years to fit thier narrative. That’s all .  If Allen does well then next week we will hear about the tweets again 

Edited by bobblehead

13 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

People are miss-remembering the EJ days. He was never really thought of as the answer...we just hoped for the best.

No, they are just negative people who like to try and correct others. Very few of us were excited about EJ. Most of us were just hopeful and expected letdown.

1 hour ago, greenyellowred said:

I posted this same topic back in July, and this board made fun of me. Just shows you the stupidity of many of the posters here:

Things did kind of come together for you...

14 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

He looked good for a rookie QB in pre-season and showed some flashes in the regular season. There was hope in EJ since he was a modestly high draft choice who was playing well "for a rookie" but he of course never took off. Even the national media was throwing some positive accolades towards EJ. 

16 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There was a lot of preseason excitement the year we traded for Bledsoe after going 3-13 the season before with the Johnson/Van Pelt QB debacle.

Excitement that soon died when I realized we had gotten Bledsoe, but the Patriots had kept all his knowledge on how to avoid being sacked.