Games watched

row_33

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

actually the playoffs will be Bama, two "whatever's" that will be steamrolled by Bama, and whoever loses to the team that Alabama beats in the Championship

Technically yes

i still believe Bama on neutral fields would beat the other three whatevers with a 120 point aggregate margin if they had to play it

I’m sad over this and not even pretending to a reverse jinx

Edited by row_33

6 minutes ago, bbb said:

It seems to me that going for 2 to win does not work all that often.

I thought about whether I wanted Urban to do it considering how absurd our D was today. But in the end I couldn’t bring myself to want that. I just think the percentages are too low for how high the stakes are. Maryland has less to lose by going for it 

• Like (+1) 1

Michigan just had a nice TD play on a Patterson pass to the TE. Defense walked the LBs all the way up to the line leaving the middle of the field open for the TE. Kid was wide open for an easy score. 

Look for that same play next week against Ohio State, which does the same thing with its LBs and gets torched regularly on underneath stuff. 

19 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Michigan just had a nice TD play on a Patterson pass to the TE. Defense walked the LBs all the way up to the line leaving the middle of the field open for the TE. Kid was wide open for an easy score. 

Look for that same play next week against Ohio State, which does the same thing with its LBs and gets torched regularly on underneath stuff. 

I can’t wait for Senior Missed Tackle this week. 

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Michigan constantly in the red zone but settling for a lot of Field Goals.

Eventually they pulled away from Indiana.

They have what it takes to beat Ohio State, but they might be without Chase Winovich. :(

I missed what happened to him?

This was the first game I saw where he wasn't in on a lot of plays.

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

That was a cheap shot. 

I was dozing off a bit in the third and missed it.

I think he will play against Ohio State , going to take a lot more than that to keep him out.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

They are Song Girls not cheerleaders. Get your facts straight!

Perfect, now we can be the first NFL team to have song girls instead of cheerleaders.

I really do miss the Jills, they weren't the greatest but added to the atmosphere of the game.

Week 12's Prime Time offerings were pretty meh

Looking ahead to next week:
Oklahoma @ West Virginia (Friday @8PM on ESPN) has implications for the Big12 title game.  A West Virginia win could knock Oklahoma out of the Playoff hunt
Washington @ Washington St (Friday @8:30 on Fox), Washington St is the PAC12's only longshot hope at the CFP
Notre Dame @ USC (Saturday @8PM on ABC), Notre Dame punches their ticket to CFP with a win but USC would love to play spoiler

The Game (Saturday @Noon on Fox) dominates the schedule with the winner claiming the B1G East and will be heavy favorites to win the B1G title, and have the inside track at a CFP berth

With one week left in the regular season, my guess at the final four will be

1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Notre Dame
4 Winner of The Game

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

They have what it takes to beat Ohio State, but they might be without Chase Winovich. :(

Buckeyes starting  LT is hurt too - doubt he plays plus a few other starters who will be questionable including Mike Weber 

16 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

The play calling in the red zone was really bizarre and uninspired somewhat atypical....meh...at least we found a consistent kicker!

17 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

A Bills fan should be used to a diet largely restricted to FG’s. Nothing new there..... except that we don’t get “a lot” of them. In fact, they are somewhat rare, so rather than disparage them, I am more into mild celebration.  

47 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

A Georgia upset of Alabama would put two SEC teams in the Playoffs again

Big Ten upset more likely

Any time the bozos in the media overhype something it is doomed to go the opposite way

7 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Week 12's Prime Time offerings were pretty meh

Looking ahead to next week:
Oklahoma @ West Virginia (Friday @8PM on ESPN) has implications for the Big12 title game.  A West Virginia win could knock Oklahoma out of the Playoff hunt
Washington @ Washington St (Friday @8:30 on Fox), Washington St is the PAC12's only longshot hope at the CFP
Notre Dame @ USC (Saturday @8PM on ABC), Notre Dame punches their ticket to CFP with a win but USC would love to play spoiler

The Game (Saturday @Noon on Fox) dominates the schedule with the winner claiming the B1G East and will be heavy favorites to win the B1G title, and have the inside track at a CFP berth

With one week left in the regular season, my guess at the final four will be

1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Notre Dame
4 Winner of The Game

Big East ?

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So you don't think Pitt will beat Clemson?

I will much enjoy that happening 

not betting on a major upset in either game

37 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Then they would have to defeat Georgia. They might have to under any conditions.

One loss Bama goes to the playoff

These clowns want to give tOSU a better ranking than behind two loss LSU?

buckeyes have a legit shot of winning over ttun at home

Last game of the regular season.  How does the season go by so fast?

Anyways:

Friday 3:30 / whenever I get off work: Virginia @ Virginia Tech, ABC

Friday 8:00: Oklahoma @ West Virginia, ESPN.  Big12 playoff implications on the line.  Winner likely plays Texas next week, unless Texas fails against Kansas at which point these two would meet again next week

Friday 8:30: Washington @ Washington St, Fox.  Winner takes the PAC12 North.  Washington St is the PAC12's only longshot for a CFP berth

Saturday Noon: Michigan @ Ohio St, Fox.  The Game, 'nuff said.  Winner takes the B1G East and high probability of a CFP berth

Saturday 3:30: Maryland @ Penn St, ABC

Saturday 3:30: Auburn @ Alabama, CBS.  The Iron Bowl doesn't mean as much this season and will probably be just another Alabama blowout.  A convincing win by the Crimson Tide likely punches their CFP ticket, regardless of the outcome of the SEC title game.  A Georgia upset next week puts two SEC teams in again

Saturday 7:00 LSU @ Texas A&M, SEC Network/ESPN: Only three Saturday games feature a match of top 25 teams

Saturday 8:00 Notre Dame @ USC, ABC:  Notre Dame punches their CFP ticket with a win

Saturday 10:15 Utah St @ Boise St, ESPN.  Only the third matchup of ranked teams this Saturday

• Like (+1) 1

Three games that really matter outside of personal interest

noon at Columbus 

3:30 War Eagle

prime time NDs last hurdle, they’ve tripped on it a few times in my lifetime

Edited by row_33

Ummmm, either I saw that wrong, or UCF just lost their QB. It was truly gruesome, and I’m hoping it’s NOT what it looked like! YIKES! 

To ESPN’s credit, I don’t believe they showed a replay of that. I usually bash them, but seeing it live was bad enough. 

Edited by Augie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.