Games watched

row_33

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Ian Book looks impressive.

I’ve been a fan of Wimbush, and was hoping he would step up this year. But, also thought Book showed something against LSU last year, and could steal the spot in the spring. With all that being said, the offense with Book looks like a totally different team.

ND is looking like strong. The win against Stanford was impressive. The defense is strong and hasn’t been this good in years. Also, the Irish held Love to 73 yards in 17 Carries before he left with an ankle injury, and 39 of those yards came on one play. He was averaging 2 YPC. 

Edited by Captain Murica
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Typical of my sports teams, be the better team all day and puke all over yourself when it matters 

They should have piled up a higher lead in the first half when they were rolling

giving up the score before halftime was huge

that was a great game, want one like that every weekend to watch

Edited by row_33

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wtf was that??

I know.

Your QB is playing the game of his life. Your running backs have had little success all night.

So you give it to your RB on 4th & 5, with the game on the line?

Did Dick Jauron possess Franklin on that play call?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I know.

Your QB is playing the game of his life. Your running backs have had little success all night.

Gotta throw it on that down....

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I’ve been a fan of Wimbush, and was hoping he would step up this year. But, also thought Book showed something against LSU last year, and could steal the spot in the spring. With all that being said, the offense with Book looks like a totally different team.

ND is looking like strong. The win against Stanford was impressive. The defense is strong and hasn’t been this good in years. Also, the Irish held Love to 73 yards in 17 Carries before he left with an ankle injury, and 39 of those yards came on one play. He was averaging 2 YPC. 

They needed to make the switch with the schedule coming up.  Better decision making and accuracy than Wimbush.  I'll take that over arm strength and athleticism.  Next week will be tough at Virginia Tech.  

Just now, Doc Brown said:

They needed to make the switch with the schedule coming up.  Better decision making and accuracy than Wimbush.  I'll take that over arm strength and athleticism.  Next week will be tough at Virginia Tech.  

I don’t see how the rest of the schedule is such a pushover for them, despite many around me and the media proclaiming it

it’s so hard to go undefeated, the Irish aren’t that great a team...

14 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I know.

How do the give it to anyone but mcsorley? Absurd 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, row_33 said:

I don’t see how the rest of the schedule is such a pushover for them, despite many around me and the media proclaiming it

it’s so hard to go undefeated, the Irish aren’t that great a team...

It will be tough.  I can easily see them lose to Virginia Tech, Navy, or even Syracuse.

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Do you think Michigan LB Chase Winovich is a Process guy?

Making a name for himself each week

michigan, when it has had a good team, had never given two !@#$s about Penn State 

————

lots of injuries in the four games I watched, more in total than flags thrown today

Edited by row_33

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It will be tough.  I can easily see them lose to Virginia Tech, Navy, or even Syracuse.

I think we saw today what you do against Cuse. It seemed Clemson finally understood to just run the ball at the end of the game. I see ND doing the same, and will expose them with play action. I find navy so annoying with their triple option, but this is the first time in a long time we have a defense that can dominate the game, and I even think the talent on that side will be too much for Navy. I’m not that worried as a fan of the Irish vs navy.

But, like you said, them going to Blacksburg worries me. I watched the Old Dominion game, and they had issues with Big body WRs, VA tech that is. I can see Boykin having a day against them.  These next few weeks are going to be a lot of fun. 

Edited by Captain Murica

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Even if the Buckeyes lost last night they would still be more likely to go to the Playoff than Penn State this morning

True

If Penn St had won last night and gone on to an undefeated B1G Championship, the committee would still find a way to elevate Ohio St

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

True

If Penn St had won last night and gone on to an undefeated B1G Championship, the committee would still find a way to elevate Ohio St

Which is why college football is, in the end, a sham of a farce of a fraud.

47 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

True

Based on what? The time penn State had two losses, one a blowout to Michigan who wasn’t even good, and got left out? Yep that’s the same as going undefeated. ? I don’t get this narrative from psu fans that they deserved a playoff berth that year. OSU got in because they had one close loss on the road on a fluke blocked kick. You know this. Don’t lose twice. OSU won the big ten last year and got left out for the same reason, remember? Did the committee find a way to elevate them last year? They could have justified it but did not.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

True

the immortals can call on a mulligan if need be any given year

Penn State will lose at Michigan, and tOSU will steamroll Michigan

it's a fun triangle

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Based on what? The time penn State had two losses, one a blowout to Michigan who wasn’t even good, and got left out? Yep that’s the same as going undefeated. ? I don’t get this narrative from psu fans that they deserved a playoff berth that year. OSU got in because they had one close loss on the road on a fluke blocked kick. You know this. Don’t lose twice. OSU won the big ten last year and got left out for the same reason, remember? Did the committee find a way to elevate them last year? They could have justified it but did not.

humour them  :D

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I seem to be the only person who thought the worse play call was on 2nd and 14.  They only needed a field goal, yet they threw a low percentage bomb.  Now, their backs are against the wall at 3rd and 14.  They were in 4 down territory.  Pick up 5 yards a pop and you got your first down.

1 hour ago, bbb said:

I seem to be the only person who thought the worse play call was on 2nd and 14.  They only needed a field goal, yet they threw a low percentage bomb.  Now, their backs are against the wall at 3rd and 14.  They were in 4 down territory.  Pick up 5 yards a pop and you got your first down.

You guarantee five yards every time, LOL

? 

24 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

The selection committee has demonstrated a bias for Alabama and Ohio St

A bias that could be compensated by expanding the playoff field to 8 or 16

They won’t extend this into late January 

maybe once every five years a third team is worth consideration for a playoff

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

They won’t extend this into late January 

maybe once every five years a third team is worth consideration for a playoff

And in a few years the FBS will see a drop off in fans who grow tired of the annual ritual of a pairing two teams from among Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St and maybe once in a while they'll throw in a cameo by some other school

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

You guarantee five yards every time, LOL

?

An average of 5 each time.  Not guaranteed, but likely and much more likely than throwing a bomb and then facing 3rd and 14.

McSorley averaged 7 yards per carry. 

2 hours ago, bbb said:

An average of 5 each time.  Not guaranteed, but likely and much more likely than throwing a bomb and then facing 3rd and 14.

McSorley averaged 7 yards per carry. 

Doesnt mean a thing when it comes to crunch time 

you are ioking in applying some average yardage to a specific situation coming up, right????!??

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

And in a few years the FBS will see a drop off in fans who grow tired of the annual ritual of a pairing two teams from among Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St and maybe once in a while they'll throw in a cameo by some other school

It will not be much fun watching a 3-loss 8th seed get scalped 56-0 by a legit top 2 team, no matter how much they hype it up

rhe Bowl season is still strong to the Alumni, the playoff matters to fans of a handful of serious teams and non-alumni who see college as existing solely to provide them with hyped football games for their amusement 

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Doesnt mean a thing when it comes to crunch time 

you are ioking in applying some average yardage to a specific situation coming up, right????!??

Do you like the 2nd and 14 call of a bomb?  Do you not think, given all the circumstances, that getting some positive yardage was paramount? 

Just now, bbb said:

Do you like the 2nd and 14 call of a bomb?  Do you not think, given all the circumstances, that getting some positive yardage was paramount? 

Penn State runs a tinker toy option with third rate gimmicks tossed in, its more like 7 on 7 rugby to me than playing real football

Looks good on them to have two horrible calls in the most important series of the season

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

It will not be much fun watching a 3-loss 8th seed get scalped 56-0 by a legit top 2 team, no matter how much they hype it up

True.  But the cumulative boredom of all those blowouts could be offset in that one season when the #8 ranked non-power 5 school shocks the #1 powerhouse in triple OT

8 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The selection committee has demonstrated a bias for Alabama and Ohio St

A bias that could be compensated by expanding the playoff field to 8 or 16

I really don't understand the above. Alabama won titles and continues to win games.

Please, list the teams who were better than Alabama and were deprived of a playoff spot.

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Explain when they demonstrated a bias for Ohio State 

I see your point Yolo. I thought that Ohio State was going to be voted in last year but they obviously were not. If there was a pro OSU bias, the committee would have overlooked the second loss and tossed them right in there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.