Madden 19... so disappointed

mrags

The graffix are incredibly stunning. And that’s about it. The gameplay is terrible. The players play and look too upright like Frankenstein. The cpu assisting is terrible. The defenses are superhuman, they make up ground and jump 38 feet in the air in front of passes for interceptions. The running backs take a stupid bounce/half step before they begin their run, making all runs sluggish and slow. The updated player progression is terrible. You cannot upgrade what you want, you have to upgrade packages of traits all at once, wasting points on traits you don’t want. 

How on on earth do they screw those game up from last years version which might have been the best version they ever had.

Way to go EA. Worst version since the stupid QB cone. 

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

My brother was lamenting how bad it is on social media last week, said it was almost unplayable. 

I just told my buddy that I always play online franchise mode with that I’m done. I’ve attempted to play 3 games and had to quit them all. Absolutely terrible 

24 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

People still play madden?

how quaint.

I still throw in '93 every now and then.  The 3 windows to pick out your receiver are awesome. 

I always end up dumping it off to the guy two yards downfield, but at least I never turn the ball over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

I still throw in '93 every now and then.  The 3 windows to pick out your receiver are awesome. 

I always end up dumping it off to the guy two yards downfield, but at least I never turn the ball over.

I recently won the Super Bowl in Madden '98.  Todd Collins league MVP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Hey, Tyrod, hope you're enjoying Cleveland.

I gave up after I kept trying to run a RPO in Madden '16 and every single time, a defender ran unblocked into the backfield. It was unavoidable no matter how much I changed the protections. Also Marquise Grey was never going to one hand catch everything, I don't care what game it is. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I have '95 on my Sega Genesis. Two default teams are Dallas and Buffalo. For some reason I was never able to win, despite having what should be the second best team in the game. One day though, I just wanted to play really quick. I accidentally picked Dallas, and said screw it, I'll just play. Friggin Jim Kelly comes out running a K Gun offense. I didn't realize that the AI back then was that accurate. Once I learned how to properly play a hurry up offense, I was unstoppable. 

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Hey, Tyrod, hope you're enjoying Cleveland.

Literally laughed out loud.

I have said it before, but Madden, and all sports games should not come out with a new title every single year.  It seems they always degrade some aspects in an attempt to improve.  It would also give them some more development time.  Instead (for a charge, $25-$30?), they should come out with a major roster update for the upcoming season, with maybe a few major tweaks to gameplay and the game mode(s).  Maybe release some classic teams, stadiums, etc amongst these offerings.  

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I have said it before, but Madden, and all sports games should not come out with a new title every single year.  It seems they always degrade some aspects in an attempt to improve.  It would also give them some more development time.  Instead (for a charge, $25-$30?), they should come out with a major roster update for the upcoming season, with maybe a few major tweaks to gameplay and the game mode(s).  Maybe release some classic teams, stadiums, etc amongst these offerings.  

Agree. Last years version might be the best one I ever played. They ruined it again. It’ll suck for maybe another year or 2 and then finally go back. Always happens 

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

My favorite time of year is when the new sports games come out, because that means last year's game price goes down. I got Madden '16 for five bucks back in May. Other than having to look at digitized Rex Ryan's  face after every other play, and of course half the roster is outdated, the game itself is just as fun. I watched a few livestreams of people playing '19. I literally couldn't tell the difference between that one, and '16. 

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Tyrod?

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You just can’t hold sprint all day. 

I think it’s plays great on my 1x... the new running mechanics are nice once you get used to it . You have to be patient when running now , especially between the tackles 

It’s not about holding sprint all day. Or waiting for blocks. I know how to play. I’ve been playing for 25+ years and with the exception of the “qb cone” version and this one I have played extensively with each version. This is by far the dumbest running I’ve ever seen. And that’s just the beginning of the game. It’s dumb and they screwed it up. 

Just now, mrags said:

It’s not about holding sprint all day. Or waiting for blocks. I know how to play. I’ve been playing for 25+ years and with the exception of the “qb cone” version and this one I have played extensively with each version. This is by far the dumbest running I’ve ever seen. And that’s just the beginning of the game. It’s dumb and they screwed it up. 

I’ve played worse madden games... I guess it’s opinion

im undefeated online with the Bills!

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I pretty much jettisoned Madden for FIFA and seem to be leaning that way in real life as well.

Mike Schoop?

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’ve played worse madden games... I guess it’s opinion

im undefeated online with the Bills!

Other than the stupid QB cone passing back in like 06-07ish, this is the worst version ever 

I bought Madden 18 a month ago for $5.  I am waiting to get a deal on Xbox Live so I can update the rosters.  I won't get 19 if it's that bad.

BTW, anyone have Josh Allen's numbers so that I can create him in the meantime?