%$#& The Swamp, Let's Drain PPP

Azalin

15 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Exhibit A.

Lots of posters in this thread could do better. Maybe the time to call McCain a traitor, and call the people saying he's a traitor pieces of garbage, is not in the thread commemorating his impending death. We had every day before today to discuss McCain. And we will have many days to come. But maybe for a few weeks, we can show we're not the Westboro Baptist Church. 

I tend to prefer the Orsen Scott Card approach.

An honest accounting of the man's life.

He started with such promise and valor, as a true hero; but never lived up to his life's potential, instead becoming corrupted in the core of his soul.

We don't celebrate bad actors in their lives, their deaths, or in the unfortunate ground in between.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, baskin said:

This entire thread is both comical and tragic...when someone disagrees with you typical posters (BTW...WTF do you people do all day that allows you to post all day all the time?)...The standard reaction is to call them stupid or a troll or they watch CNN or they are a lib....The reason - speaking for myself - I have gotten so "troll like" is you guys are not interested in a debate...you are interested in coming here because it is a community of like minded people and you find comfort here. When a dissenter to your beliefs shows up...you circle and - in your minds - tear them down - and then congratulate each other. People with contrary views to the norm on this board show up - get ganged up on  - realize what this board is all about - and leave. 

No idea what Tiberius does...

What you guys share is a belief...almost a religious mindset...not backed up by data, quantitative analysis or facts...but by a belief and faith...and - similar to a religion...can't argue with that...

Are you describing Sheila Jackson Lee, Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters?  You are, aren't you; you sly fox, you.

14 hours ago, baskin said:

This entire thread is both comical and tragic...when someone disagrees with you typical posters (BTW...WTF do you people do all day that allows you to post all day all the time?)...The standard reaction is to call them stupid or a troll or they watch CNN or they are a lib....The reason - speaking for myself - I have gotten so "troll like" is you guys are not interested in a debate...you are interested in coming here because it is a community of like minded people and you find comfort here. When a dissenter to your beliefs shows up...you circle and - in your minds - tear them down - and then congratulate each other. People with contrary views to the norm on this board show up - get ganged up on  - realize what this board is all about - and leave. 

What you guys share is a belief...almost a religious mindset...not backed up by data, quantitative analysis or facts...but by a belief and faith...and - similar to a religion...can't argue with that...

This is so typical of you. Since your first appearance here, you've done little more than condescend. Only one time - once - have I ever seen you come back with an honest, thoughtful reply (I asked you what besides then-candidate Trump's health care ideas you would support, and you actually supplied a list of suggestions in bullet points). The rest of the time you simply drop in, lay a little smarm on someone, call us a right-wing circle-jerk, and run away. Not very intellectual, and certainly not what I'd expect from somebody who frequently reminds us that they once held public office. 

I realize that if you reply to me, it will likely be in several weeks per your usual MO so I won't be holding my breath. However of you actually do read this, then I'll take this opportunity to let you know that I do give you credit for not trolling anyone or continually starting useless or repetitive threads.

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

This is so typical of you. Since your first appearance here, you've done little more than condescend. Only one time - once - have I ever seen you come back with an honest, thoughtful reply (I asked you what besides then-candidate Trump's health care ideas you would support, and you actually supplied a list of suggestions in bullet points). The rest of the time you simply drop in, lay a little smarm on someone, call us a right-wing circle-jerk, and run away. Not very intellectual, and certainly not what I'd expect from somebody who frequently reminds us that they once held public office. 

What?  Dippus Shittus Maximus here held public office?  What banana republic podunk blind-deaf-and-dumb hick town voted him into anything?  

You sure that wasn't some yearbook-style "Most likely to get his finger stuck in his nose" vote?  Or maybe when he typed "public office," his finger slipped and hit the "L" accidentally?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

What?  Dippus Shittus Maximus here held public office?  What banana republic podunk blind-deaf-and-dumb hick town voted him into anything?  

You sure that wasn't some yearbook-style "Most likely to get his finger stuck in his nose" vote?  Or maybe when he typed "public office," his finger slipped and hit the "L" accidentally?

The first few times he referenced it, it was simply "public office" or possibly "elected office", and later said it was a position on a local school board. Then again, your idea about the "L" key is a solid possibility too.

School board seats  basically require you  to  only get enough signatures to get on the ballot.  When I was in college and working at Denny's a cook who wa's also in college  won a seat on the local school board.

Edited by Wacka

6 hours ago, Wacka said:

School board seats  basically require you loonily get enough signatures to get on the ballot.  When I was in college and working at Denny's a cook who's also in college  won a seat on the local school board.

So you've known Baskin for quite a while, then?

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think it is time to resurrect this thread. The name calling has gotten ridiculous. And during the Christmas season too! ? tsk tsk

I think it's mostly just the same few people who keep coming back with new user IDs. My list of ignored users has grown significantly since Trump took office, but I don't think very many of them are actually new posters, just the same old ones coming back for more trolling. They add nothing, and are only here to goad others into responding to their ridiculous posts.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:( I contributed to that and do apologize. Life on the road adds extra snark to my posting. :beer:

Me too. I was trolling DR today just to be silly. 

I got the crap kicked out of me physically (athletics so all good) this afternoon and feel much better now. 

Merry Christmas DR.

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, westside said:

Since we are confessing our sins. I too have been kind of a jerk towards a few people with different opinions. 

I throw myself at the mercy of the court.

Merry Christmas and happy New year.....blah blah blah 

***** off!  

?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, westside said:

Since we are confessing our sins. I too have been kind of a jerk towards a few people with different opinions. 

Good news is that the sentence is light.

Bad news is it's on the gallows.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, westside said:

Slap on the wrist and five minutes of community service

On 8/25/2018 at 1:08 AM, DC Tom said:

He'd do well in New York's 14th congressional district.

9 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:( I contributed to that and do apologize. Life on the road adds extra snark to my posting. :beer:

You have nothing to apologize for. This thread isn't about people being polite to people, it's about trolls. You're not a troll. Not even close. :beer:

This thread is about those people who come here to do nothing but flame regular posters. It's about the ****heads like Gary/The Bug/BigMcWhatever/tomorrow's yet-unnamed loser du jour, and the question: why do so many otherwise intelligent people bother to interact with them?  They don't care what any of us have to say about anything. People who reply to their bull#### are voluntarily dancing on their strings, doing nothing more than showing how easily they can be manipulated. Why bother?

I started this thread because there has been an influx of idiot trolls trying to insinuate themselves into this board for no other reason than to amuse themselves at our expense. If it was imaginative, original trolling, then maybe it might serve a purpose. It's neither original nor imaginative, so why engage?

Seriously, I'm on the verge of unblocking Gatorman, because if I have to deal with something that retarded, then I prefer something better than the amateurish crap we've been subjected to lately. Tibs may be a troll, but he's head & shoulders above the $%#@ing retards infesting this place lately.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/24/2018 at 8:48 AM, Tiberius said:

If this placed was drained you would be the first one flushed. 

Somebody say flush... LoL... I am good at flushing.

Anyway

On 8/24/2018 at 9:14 AM, TH3 said:

+1

This is their own little private Idaho.  Operatives like 3rd (RichinO), towing the GOP line like to hear their own echo... Been working it for years.  The beat goes on. 

It's human nature, they will dig in and never admit any responsibility.  You see it now here.  I mean, how else are we suppose to handle the daily sh*tshow our nation has been turned into?  Why does it deserve respect?  Very typical of the way people on the right are hardwired.  They can dish it, but can't take it.  It brings them to tears and they want people to feel sorry, act civil... It's just the way they are hardwired with no shame.

I come here to find out what is going on in Washington. DR has been a fountain of information that I would never hear about in the msm. Believe him or not is up to you. I do believe him. He has been right on so many occasions and when he's not right, he admits it.

There are some people here who don't want that information released. So they troll, lie, insult and just cause havic. There are some liberals who are not into trolling. You can have a conversation with them even though you don't share the same  views. 

Which one do you want to be EII? A troll who just belittles those who disagree with you,  or actually have a conversation with other people and maybe both will come away with a different point of view?

The choice is yours, I would prefer to be civil and respectful. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1