Is Josh Allen having the best rookie Bills QB preseason ever?

Very solid start for him.  Definitely looks the part.  The moment doesn’t seem to big for him.  18-32 (56%) for 176 yards, 5.5 ypa, 2 tds, and 47 yards rushing.  I can’t remember having a big guy who could move like that in forever.  

The only rookie QB I could remember with a similar start (totally blanking on his name, props to someone if they can remember it!) was a guy through 2 games his first preseason:  26-33 (79%) for 199 yards, 6 ypa, 2 tds, 0 ints, and 29 yards rushing.

but it’s pretty clear.  We FINALLY have our Kelly replacement.  Trust the process!!!

P.S. what a terrible Bills fan I am for not remembering that qb’s name!!! ? someone please help me out!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I knew this was an EJ thread before I opened it. Keep fighting the good fight! ;)

I was wondering if this was a Troll thread. I was going to ask if that was ever as in every team or just the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I knew this was an EJ thread before I opened it. Keep fighting the good fight! ;)

Haha, got me!

Just a reminder that it’s ok to get excited but the preseason really is meaningless (though it’s so awesome to have football back).  

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

No, we got our Kelly replacement when EJ led the team to a comeback against Carolina.  5 years ago. 

At least that's what the 2BD brain trust told me at the time.

I wanted to believe so bad back then. That was the first time I went to a Bills game and that the Bills won. I was 0-5 or so.  

Just now, oldmanfan said:

For you youngsters, look up a guy named Dennis Shaw.

Wasnt he Offensive rookie of the year and in a few more fizzled out.

How about Vince Young, he was offensive rookie of the year and look where he landed, even JP Losman once healthy and had his best year when he had a ful season under him.  

Bad Qbs can get lucky and have some incredible early success until DCs learn how to game plan them.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

How about Vince Young, he was offensive rookie of the year and look where he landed, even JP Losman once healthy and had his best year when he had a ful season under him.  

Bad Qbs can get lucky and have some incredible early success until DCs learn how to game plan them.

You can’t game plan against a Howitzer 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, mrags said:

You can’t game plan against a Howitzer 

Well you can if that is all you have (Jeff George) but thus far, two pre-season games there arent glaring weaknesses in his game...poise, ability to move in the pocket, looking off DBs, deceptive mobility, and that cannon of an arm.  His accuracy had been good if you account for some miscommunication with receivers and dropped balls and players giving up on routes.  All things to work on in pre-season.

I for one am truly stunned, thus far how good he looks. 

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Well you can if that is all you have (Jeff George) but thus far, two pre-season games there arent glaring weaknesses in his game...poise, ability to move in the pocket, looking off DBs, deceptive mobility, and that cannon of an arm.  His accuracy had been good if you account for some miscommunication with receivers and dropped balls and players giving up on routes.  All things to work on in pre-season.

I for one am truly stunned, thus far how good he looks. 

I’m not stunned. I expected much of this with Allen. But I can see how many are stunned. How many disliked him. And how many thought he would fail. 

I will say that the poise and ability to learn from his mistakes so far has impressed me more than I thought. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m not stunned. I expected much of this with Allen. But I can see how many are stunned. How many disliked him. And how many thought he would fail. 

I will say that the poise and ability to learn from his mistakes so far has impressed me more than I thought. 

We've been hurt before. 

40 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Shaw got hurt.  If he hadn't and teamed up with OJ we'd have had quite the offense.

It is truly amazing, the lengths to which some will go to (a) protect themselves from being optimistic, and (b) prove themselves right.

And it's just about football!  Who knows how the OP acts regarding things that actually matter!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Very solid start for him.  Definitely looks the part.  The moment doesn’t seem to big for him.  18-32 (56%) for 176 yards, 5.5 ypa, 2 tds, and 47 yards rushing.  I can’t remember having a big guy who could move like that in forever.  

The only rookie QB I could remember with a similar start (totally blanking on his name, props to someone if they can remember it!) was a guy through 2 games his first preseason:  26-33 (79%) for 199 yards, 6 ypa, 2 tds, 0 ints, and 29 yards rushing.

but it’s pretty clear.  We FINALLY have our Kelly replacement.  Trust the process!!!

P.S. what a terrible Bills fan I am for not remembering that qb’s name!!! ? someone please help me out!

Joe Ferguson had a decent rookie preseason but you're getting really excited a bit early

51 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, got me!

Just a reminder that it’s ok to get excited but the preseason really is meaningless (though it’s so awesome to have football back).  

Aren't you still saying that EJ is a good QB?         I hear he is doing great in Oakland.    The Raiders brain trust is not worried about Carr's replacement if he goes down.

Just now, eball said:

It is truly amazing, the lengths to which some will go to (a) protect themselves from being optimistic, and (b) prove themselves right.

And it's just about football!  Who knows how the OP acts regarding things that actually matter!

Dude, you have to be such a homer and taking everything so personal.  It was kinda of joke but also goes to show how much everyone overreacts to everything.  EJ was having just as good, if not slightly better, rookie preseason than Allen.  

Get excited but pump the brakes.  And I want Allen to defy all statistical evidence and be a great qb.  That will make me very happy.  But I’ve been hurt before.  ?

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Aren't you still saying that EJ is a good QB?         I hear he is doing great in Oakland.    The Raiders brain trust is not worried about Carr's replacement if he goes down.

CD3F73B7-9AC8-43D8-969F-A70642ED5C8A.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude, you have to be such a homer and taking everything so personal.  It was kinda of joke but also goes to show how much everyone overreacts to everything.  EJ was having just as good, if not slightly better, rookie preseason than Allen.  

Get excited but pump the brakes.  And I want Allen to defy all statistical evidence and be a great qb.  That will make me very happy.  But I’ve been hurt before.  ?

Of course I'm a homer -- this is my team!  And I take none of it personally; I actually empathize with those of you who need to prove yourselves right all the time.