When did Jags fans become so anti-Bills?

Roundybout

I haven't really noticed any of the hate from the Jags fan-base. Maybe they think the Bills are losers because they let Marrone walk, but whatever.

Personally, I really feel like Marrone is just a puppet coach down there. Marrone idolizes Coughlin, always has. If Coughlin told him to wash his car, he probably would. Coughlin has more control than people are aware of, I think. That's the only way he was going to get back into the game, he wanted control over personnel and all sorts of stuff. I still remember catching a bit of the press conference from when Coughlin and Marrone were introduced as the head guys and Marrone must have deferred questions over to Coughlin a dozen or so times. He kept saying, "Oh, well, I'll let coach handle that one." 

Marrone is a strange bird, man. He did not have a lot of player support during his time in Buffalo. He walked in from day one and tried to run the team like he was still running a college program. Grown-ass men and especially longtime veterans don't go for that stuff. I heard numerous times during his run here that his style and methods had gotten old with a large part of the roster. Then he has the ego to walk off the job because he believed he was a shoe-in for the Jets job, but apparently he bombed the interview. 

And I think it was last year or maybe the year before but he did an interview with SI (I think) and he was all over the place with his answers. At first, he said he wasn't going to answer any questions about why he left the Bills. But then, he'd give responses that somewhat alluded to his reasoning for his leaving, but then he'd either backpedal off it or contradict himself in answering a different question. Then, hours after the interview was over, he called the journalist and asked her not to run the article. I believe the journalist said Marrone would have to take that up with the editor. A few hours after that, he called the journalist again and said something like his wife convinced him to let the article be published.

And then there was that whole thing with Tim Graham. Anyone remember that? Final game of the 2014 season, it was an away  game at New England. Before the plane took off, Marrone evidently asked that a meeting between him and Graham be arranged. They met in this dinky little office inside the hangar from where they board their plane and Marrone sat him down with like two other Bills executives and gave Graham some crap about some of the stuff he'd written. Graham explained it on his Twitter shortly after Marrone quit, said it was a really strange experience and said he's never had any coach or player or sports personality approach him like that. Marrone really disliked Joe B as well. Most of the time when he was rolling his eyes or looking all disheveled in a presser, it was usually his reaction to a question from Joe B. I think Joe called him out one time for deciding to punt from the opponents 37 yard line or something instead of trying a field goal. 

Eh, whatevs. This post got away from me a bit. Marrone is just a doofus. McDermott can give all the vanilla interviews he wants. It's nice to have a coach who's very detailed, articulate, intelligent and methodical in executing his vision. 

Edited by blacklabel
correcting a typo

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Calm down, ‘homey’. It’s a puny city with a small but growing citizenry and small town gubment. It’s just large in overall land size. Otherwise, quite forgettable.

And that's coming from someone that lives there!

• Like (+1) 1

I live here down here in Florida, 2 big reasons why they hate the Bills

#1 The Jags didn't crush the Bills in the playoffs, matter of fact they were lucky they didn't lose.

#2 They were so sure they stole an ALL-Pro DT in Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo fans on call in shows assured them he would get in trouble , Jag fans Said Marone could control him in Jacksonville which wasn't the case. Could still be suspended after charges were filed for 2 counts of Sexual assault.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-marcell-dareus-facing-sexual-assault-lawsuits-from-two-different-women/

• Like (+1) 1

To answer the original question it’s when we rolled into their city and acted like it was a massive game at home. We took over that city. They were excited about their team developing. We came in and dominated. The Bills fans were passionate and obnoxious. It’s not different than we usually are. We totally overwhelmed them and were pretty arrogant about how much better our fans are. We were fired up that weekend.

The only thing that I can compare it to was OSU-Miami National Championship. It was 98% Buckeye Fans. The only difference is that the Buckeyes won. If the Bills won that game, Jacksonville might have burned to the ground (instead I think it was just a 2 alarm fire).

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Calm down, ‘homey’. It’s a puny city with a small but growing citizenry and small town gubment. It’s just large in overall land size. Otherwise, quite forgettable.

??

We have nearly four times the population of buffalo, but what are facts??

We have twice the population of Miami....lol

Buffalo is on par with Orlando.

14 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

??

We have nearly four times the population of buffalo, but what are facts??

We have twice the population of Miami....lol

Buffalo is on par with Orlando.

Lighten up with your ‘facts’. Combine Erie & Niagara county population. That would be the equivalent territory as old man Duval’s old farmland.

Best thing that’s happened here is the paper industry left the country. It no longer smells like a cesspool. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Lighten up with your ‘facts’. Combine Erie & Niagara county population. That would be the equivalent territory as old man Duval’s old farmland.

Best thing that’s happened here is the paper industry left the country. It no longer smells like a cesspool. 

Man, I'm laughing...

Really.  Y'all are funny!

Can I Raise you a clay, St. Johns and Nassua counties?

Forgot Jax Beach.  Different county there too.

Edited by JaxBills