Sam Darnold Dazzles in Debut

Gugny

Going back to when Seattle backed in with a losing record: the win against New Orleans should have never happened, which was proven in their next game.

That said ... I'm almost glad the Bills didn't beat the Jaguars.  It would have been a hollow win.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Going back to when Seattle backed in with a losing record: the win against New Orleans should have never happened, which was proven in their next game.

That said ... I'm almost glad the Bills didn't beat the Jaguars.  It would have been a hollow win.

You know, we're not going to come to an agreement on this. 

Edited by JaxBills

IMHO …..

I don't consider the drought as over. We haven't played our way into the playoffs, we needed help. HOWEVER, the clock has been reset, we Bills fans no longer have to suffer the "experts" pointing out that it's been 17 years since we've appeared in a playoff game.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh come on....Surely you can't be serious...so if we won the Superbowl last year , it wouldn't have mattered because you thought we backed in?  A win is a win

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Why?  It just means the Bills would have gone back to NE, and lost there.  We're used to that.

Overthinking it. Yes, the drought is over, but I agree nobody should be satisfied. I certainly don’t see McBeane as people happy with a single playoff appearance, so I’m confident they’ll continue to strive for a championship.

Edited by Rockpile233

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'll preface with this .... I still consider the Mets to be a team with zero no hitters in its history.  Why?  Because in 2012, when Santana was vying for the 1st no-no in franchise history, Carlos Beltran got a base hit that was a) obvious and b) erroneously ruled foul.  On paper, it's a no-hitter.  In reality, it is not.  And I'm a Mets fan.

This brings me to the Bills' playoff drought.

Did the Bills really "make" the playoffs? 

The Bills' regular season was over after the Dolphins game.  The Bills didn't do enough to make the playoffs.

The Bengals did enough for the Bills to make the playoffs.  That is the reality.

And yes ... I feel the same way about the (7-9) Seattle team (even though they actually won a playoff game).

I'm torn.  Part of me says, "Yes, the drought is over."  But part of me says, "It's not over until the Bills make the playoffs without having to back in."

The Bills finally played a game in January

The drought is over

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'll preface with this .... I still consider the Mets to be a team with zero no hitters in its history.  Why?  Because in 2012, when Santana was vying for the 1st no-no in franchise history, Carlos Beltran got a base hit that was a) obvious and b) erroneously ruled foul.  On paper, it's a no-hitter.  In reality, it is not.  And I'm a Mets fan.

This brings me to the Bills' playoff drought.

Did the Bills really "make" the playoffs? 

The Bills' regular season was over after the Dolphins game.  The Bills didn't do enough to make the playoffs.

The Bengals did enough for the Bills to make the playoffs.  That is the reality.

And yes ... I feel the same way about the (7-9) Seattle team (even though they actually won a playoff game).

I'm torn.  Part of me says, "Yes, the drought is over."  But part of me says, "It's not over until the Bills make the playoffs without having to back in."

The Bills played a game in the Wild Card round of the playoffs, that counts wither or not they "backed in" is completely irrelevant. If you personally don't want to count it then whatever but that is irrelevant to wither or not it actually counts in the records of the NFL. I also would counter your Mets point by saying that RA Dickey should have had a no-hitter because the one hit he allowed in 9 innings should have been ruled an error. 

Edited by billsfan89

What if the games were played in reverse order, or if our game took a little longer and we won AFTER the Bengals game? Then would the drought be over?

Do you just want a win and youre in scenario? Because you seem to be placing a lot of weight on the fact that the Bengals went longer than ours did, which seems dumb.