New roller coaster coming north of the border

Jrb1979

6 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/play/rides/yukon-striker

Really looking forward to next year to ride this. Not many looping coasters go 80mph. 

I have ridden the Griffon at Busch Gardens prolly 50 times. 200 ft, about 75 miles an hour. That ride to the top and wait at the top when ya just hanging is as scary as a ride gets. That Yukon looks awesome 

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

If I get on this will it be called suicide?

Remember when that location was out in the middle of nowhere?  I also remember talk of relocating Canada's Wonderland closer to the Kitchener / Waterloo area, since the current location's land was thought to be too valuable to leave as seasonal use by an amusement park.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Remember when that location was out in the middle of nowhere?  I also remember talk of relocating Canada's Wonderland closer to the Kitchener / Waterloo area, since the current location's land was thought to be too valuable to leave as seasonal use by an amusement park.

have driven by it 100 times without going in there the last 30 years....

no interest any more, it wasn't fun after a certain point in time with the new rights getting more "pushy??"

47 minutes ago, row_33 said:

have driven by it 100 times without going in there the last 30 years....

no interest any more, it wasn't fun after a certain point in time with the new rights getting more "pushy??"

What do you mean more "pushy"?

Looks awesome. Haven't been there since I was a kid. Back then the biggest coasters were The Bat and Vortex. Checking out what they've added since. 

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

If it's not at Cedar Point, does it really even matter?

There's plenty of great coasters elsewhere, but yea, nothing compares overall to Cedar Point. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have ridden the Griffon at Busch Gardens prolly 50 times. 200 ft, about 75 miles an hour. That ride to the top and wait at the top when ya just hanging is as scary as a ride gets. That Yukon looks awesome 

Agreed!  I always have to be in the front row.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Can't do roller coasters. Even the swings at the fairgrounds make me sick. You guys are nuts.

i was an enthusiast and took on anything, until one day it wasn't fun anymore

and as noted above, it suddenly got a lot more punishing on the people

29 minutes ago, eball said:

Front row is always a must, especially for hanging coasters. If you're not front row on a hanger you'll just be staring at the back of peoples heads. A longer wait but a world of difference. 

45 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i was an enthusiast and took on anything, until one day it wasn't fun anymore

and as noted above, it suddenly got a lot more punishing on the people

That's what the people want now. Bigger and more thrilling rides. 

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's no Comet.

Comet was a blast, but younger kids got some serious air time on the big hill of the Giant.  I took my daughter on it the final August it ran, and had to place my hand over her head to keep her from rising out of her seat.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Can't do roller coasters. Even the swings at the fairgrounds make me sick. You guys are nuts.

Odd in that coasters I seem OK on, simple swings in a circle and it's 'technicolor yawn'.  BLARP!?

17 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

This looks very similar to the Griff.  Hang on to your passport, or you can't come home!

8 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Love coasters and will do anything they can dream up. Can’t do the spinny stuff. 

That's me ! I have been on some insane coasters, can't go in the tea cups at Disney!

12 hours ago, eball said:

I have done a ton of coasters last 10 years..maintain best ride is still the front row of Alpengeist at BG. And yes, front row on that ride makes a massive difference. 

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That's me ! I have been on some insane coasters, can't go in the tea cups at Disney!

I have done a ton of coasters last 10 years..maintain best ride is still the front row of Alpengeist at BG. And yes, front row on that ride makes a massive difference. 

The what and where ?

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Havent been on it it since I was probably 12-13 but I definitely remember Alpengeist being awesome. Cedar Point just has so many good ones. Only 2 hrs away and haven’t been in a few years now. Really need to pick a day and get back up there.