Guilty Pleasure Entertainment

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I saw a Doors tribute at the bar Ace plays at, about a month after Robby Krieger played there. I've also seen a KISS Tribute shortly after Ace was there.

I've read somewhere that Gene and Paul want the band to go on forever. And that when they retire, they'll have auditions for new guys to be "The Demon" and "Starchild." Then the two would just be "CEOs" of the KISS brand and collect money.

That's the plan.  They're like the rock version of Menudo.  If they just stop recording new music and tour on the hits, they can pull it off.  As much of an a-hole Gene Simmons is, he's phenomenal at business and marketing.

I also read that Vinnie Vincent might become a woman.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

That's the plan.  They're like the rock version of Menudo.  If they just stop recording new music and tour on the hits, they can pull it off.  As much of an a-hole Gene Simmons is, he's phenomenal at business and marketing.

I also read that Vinnie Vincent might become a woman.

I watched an interview with Gene, and he was asked what his favorite KISS song was. His reply was "Which one is my favorite, or which one do I like the best? Because my favorite is Rock and Roll All Nite. It's in movies, TV shows, and makes me the most money."

Just read about Vinnie. He denies it, but also showed up at a convention in what mos would consider a woman's pantsuit, and blue eye shadow. 

I watch UConn women’s basketball. 

I have several friends and relatives who went there or work there, so I have a little bit of home team mentality. . 

They usually win by such a large margin that I fall asleep in the second half.

Rarely any excitement until tournament time. 

There are a lot of grown men who follow them way too fanatically, and that creeps me out. 

They don’t look like they will be as dominant this year, and it may start a stretch of down years for them. Maybe that will coincide with a stretch of good years for the Bills. 

Edited by Gray Beard

2 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I watch UConn women’s basketball. 

I have several friends and relatives who went there or work there. 

They usually win by such a large margin that I fall asleep in the second half.

Rarely any excitement until tournament time. 

They don’t look like they will be as dominant this year, and it may start a stretch of down years for them. Maybe that will coincide with a stretch of good years for the Bills. 

Not really a basketball fan. But I'm really big into Houston football, and huge into UH Baseball. Still upset that ya'll ruined our perfect 2015 season. Then beat us in the conference baseball championship last year.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

25 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

As someone who leans to the right on many issues, do you say the same thing when Ted Nugent, Toby Keith, etc. put political messages in their work? 

I don't listen to them, but I have seen some of their statements. If they are doing that as part of their entertainment, then yes, I don't care for that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that people in the entertainment industry don't have a right to speak their minds on these issues. I would just rather they keep it out of their programs and music etc. I want to be entertained, not talked down to.

Although, I do like the approach that is used on South Park, because they make fun of everybody.

a lot of TV guilty pleasures:

Flea Market Flip, because of Lara Spencer's legs;

Rehab Addict because of Nicole Curtis'....well, pretty much everything;

Good Eats because I find Alton Brown hilarious;

Finding Bigfoot mainly because Bobo is a such a Bozo

too many others to list

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Watching Big Brother and, to a lesser extent, the Bachelor.

Vintage Mariah Carey.

Station wagons.

Yep, Big Brother, Survivor and the Amazing Race. I also liked 60 Days In.

I think "Wrecking Ball," by Miley Cyrus is an awesome song.

There is never a time when I don't enjoy listening to disco music.  I !@#$ing love it.

I'm a big Lady Gaga fan.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think "Wrecking Ball," by Miley Cyrus is an awesome song.

There is never a time when I don't enjoy listening to disco music.  I !@#$ing love it.

I'm a big Lady Gaga fan.

My fiance loves her. I don't like her early stuff. But lately she's been branching out and recording more jazzy type stuff that I've enjoyed. 

3 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

forged in fire.   I love watching them make knives and swords.   

Love the show too, but I'm not sure why that qualifies as a "guilty pleasure."

Forging things from steel is seriously righteous stuff.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Love the show too, but I'm not sure why that qualifies as a "guilty pleasure."

Forging things from steel is seriously righteous stuff.

I don't really know anyone else who watches it.   Preacher either.  And I love both those shows.