Would ya? (“I’m a very clean, thoroughbred, white girl”)

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I understand your argument.

In other words.............. if you wanna kill em, more power to you.............. I just won't

I lost a great girl once because I REFUSED to go deer hunting with her father and I told him I would rather shoot you than the deer. That's how much I will avoid killing them.

i don't hunt or anything, i just can't stand them.  we have a pretty big problem with them around here though.  they're the land equivalent of a seagull.  if it wasn't for lyme disease i could live with them, but my god i hate those  things.  also, the girl couldn't have been that great if you lost her over hunting.  that's pretty messed up.

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I understand your argument.

In other words.............. if you wanna kill em, more power to you.............. I just won't

I lost a great girl once because I REFUSED to go deer hunting with her father and I told him I would rather shoot you than the deer. That's how much I will avoid killing them.

You'd rather shoot a human than a deer? 

1 minute ago, teef said:

i don't hunt or anything, i just can't stand them.  we have a pretty big problem with them around here though.  they're the land equivalent of a seagull.  if it wasn't for lyme disease i could live with them, but my god i hate those  things.  also, the girl couldn't have been that great if you lost her over hunting.  that's pretty messed up.

Hunting was BIG in her family and everyone in their circle did it......... except me.

It's ok though............... married a great girl. ?

Oyster Bay has a big deer problem. They can swim the Sound like MFers.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

You'd rather shoot a human than a deer? 

No, my point was that I refused to go hunting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, teef said:

Perhaps it wasn't the anti-hunting stance as much as it was saying, "I'd rather shoot you than a deer," to her father.

Just a hunch.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Hunting was BIG in her family and everyone in their circle did it......... except me.

It's ok though............... married a great girl. ?

Oyster Bay has a big deer problem. They can swim the Sound like MFers.

No, my point was that I refused to go hunting.

I'm no hunter, but that seems like the frikkin easiest way to shoot them.

Just roll up in a boat and knock one in the head.

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

I'm no hunter, but that seems like the frikkin easiest way to shoot them.

Just roll up in a boat and knock one in the head.

I'm sure there are people killing them in the Sound............. if there aren't sharks eating them.

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Perhaps it wasn't the anti-hunting stance as much as it was saying, "I'd rather shoot you than a deer," to her father.

Just a hunch.

i bet, but nj is a pretty level headed guy from what i've gathered.  for him to get to the point to say that, i'm sure there was a lot of nagging and complaining about hunting. 

8 minutes ago, teef said:

i bet, but nj is a pretty level headed guy from what i've gathered.  for him to get to the point to say that, i'm sure there was a lot of nagging and complaining about hunting.  

Well then why wouldn't he just shoot her instead of her father?

12 minutes ago, teef said:

Thanks.

To make a long story short, it was pretty uncomfortable.

And just for record, I don’t have to worry about deer or other animals on my property, I have two dachshunds that chase them away. ?

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

I am not a member of PITA, but I have a soft spot for deers.

They are the tortured species.

We kill lots of them every day either by car or by gun and in the wild they are hunted by predators.

I know it's a part of nature , but, nonetheless, I have a soft spot for deers.

Deer are overpopulated because humans have reduced the populations of most of their natural predators, like coyotes, wolves, and mountain lions. If deer weren't hunted, many would starve to death or be hit by cars. Given a choice of death by starvation, being hit by a car, being eaten alive by a pack of wolves, or being shot, the bullet is the most humane.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

We kill lots of them every day either by car or by gun and in the wild they are hunted by predators.

If they are hunted regularly then there are less to hit with your car.  

12 hours ago, njbuff said:

They are over-populated.  More deer now than there were in 1900.  What will keep them in check?