Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

15 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

It's late and i'm over the hill.
I only do the early bird specials these day for free drinks and a nosh

Nope Its Dean, he would not waste our time.He is a kinda serious dude

I just texted him....stay tuned.

12 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I'll be honest. I wasn't expecting many moves. I'd still be shocked if something really big dropped. 

Or perhaps we drop someone 

2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I just texted him....stay tuned.

Or perhaps we drop someone 

Who do we drop though?   There’s no one that would make sense for us to cut or trade for draft picks.  (IMO).   Our two biggest trade possibilities both seem to be having good camps and are on cheap rookie deals.  

I could see a player for player swap.  Wash or Shaq for an OL or WR. 

Just wanted to drop in here say LOL @ anyone suggesting that a 2nd rounder and Shaq (or anything similar) could get us Khalil freaking Mack.

I'm all for acquiring him, as I believe he's one of the top 3 pass rushers in the league, but....if we do that, we're not getting him for less than a 1st round pick plus something else. We're just not. It might even take TWO 1sts to pry him away from Oakland. He's not "just another guy". They're not gonna give him away for peanuts.

Edited by Logic

Just now, PIZ said:

So, is Astro....Dean...an insider?  I know he posts awesome camp notes, but is he in the know?

I don’t know Dean personally, but again I have followed him on here and on twitter for a long time.  I wouldn’t call him “an insider,” but I do believe (through his work) he has become close enough to converse with people who know stuff.  That’s the best I can describe it.

BTW...he has not responded in any fashion to the flurry of replies he has received from this tweet.  His lack of response, to me, is quite interesting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Just wanted to drop in here say LOL @ anyone suggesting that a 2nd rounder and Shaq (or anything similar) could get us Khalil freaking Mack.

I'm all for acquiring him, as I believe he's one of the top 3 pass rushers in the league, but....if we do that, we're not getting him for less than a 1st round pick plus something else. We're just not. It might even take TWO 1sts to pry him away from Oakland. He's not "just another guy". They're not gonna give him away for peanuts.

Folks certainly seem to be shooting for the stars with their speculation.  I’m thinking about something less flashy.  Perhaps trading a current player for pick (s).  Perhaps a player (e.g., Lawson) for a player and/or a pick.  Things like that.

A few players speculated about in this thread I could see being part of a deal...Kelvin Benjamin, AJ McCarron, Shaq Lawson.

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

It obviously depends on the Raiders openness in moving Mack, but, if they’re willing, two things work against them. 

1). He needs to get PAID. Giving up two 1sts AND turning around to immediately tie up massive cap space in a non-QB is bad business for anyone.  

2). This draft is loaded with DL talent.  

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, WMDman said:

No way they trade KB or AJ

How can you be so sure?

KB has one year left on his deal, and maybe they don’t see him as being part of the future.  Get something for him now.

WRT AJ Mc, maybe they like Peterman more. I believe they recoup like 2.5 million in cap room if they trade him.

Just thinking out loud.

All logical signs would tend to point to Adolphus or Shaq being dealt for a late round pick.

Or, Beane could shock us and trade FOR another quality player. But at what position would that happen? And for what player? 

Spittin' in the wind...