Home remidies for Strep Throat?

Hey guys, so I have had strep since Tuesday and nothing seems to be working to help with the pain.

I am calling the docs today to get a different antibiotic.

I have tried, cold drinks, gargling warm salt water, ice cream, popsicles, gargling a numbing rinse.

Nothing seems to help provide enough relief.

Any ideas?

30 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Hey guys, so I have had strep since Tuesday and nothing seems to be working to help with the pain.

I have tried, cold drinks, gargling warm salt water, ice cream, popsicles, gargling a numbing rinse.

Any ideas?

Who diagnosed it as strep?  Maybe you're treating the wrong thing?

11 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Thought you Canadians had the best FREE health care on the planet?  Why are you even sick at all? :P

Doc is giving me a different antibiotic today. I guess the last one they gave me I have a tolerance for

15 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Strep is bacterial infection.

CBF---drink shots of whiskey till you pass out.

That wont burn at all going down lol

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Doc is giving me a different antibiotic today. I guess the last one they gave me I have a tolerance for

That wont burn at all going down lol

That's the point. Scorch the bacteria out of your throat

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Im so desperate I would consider that.

I gargled with warm salt water yesterday...…..horrible amount of pain that caused

Plus drinking so much whiskey will help you sleep, which is what you REALLY need when you have strep.

You have rabbits, right? Collect enough rabbit urine to soak an ace bandage. After a good soak sprinkle it liberally with powered mustard seed and chili powder in a 50/50 mix. Once a good paste develops on the bandage have someone secure it around your neck as tightly as possible.  Wear it for 3.5 hours and a sore throat will be the least of your problems, guaranteed.

I thought strep lies in everyone's body... It just becomes unlocked and ends up in various parts of the body that could cause problems, major problems.  I read that one of the causes of heart valve failure later in life is from untreated strep years before.

Treat it with a doctor... We're not doctors.  But of course you are doing that.  Don't make the symptoms go away with some home bs.  Yet, we are in an era where antibiotics are getting ineffective.

Sad... It's like the 1930s all over again.  The more we change, the more we go back in so many ways.

Good luck! Get to the doctor ASAP and don't bully them in stronger than you need... They should know best.  Well, I hope!!!!

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Any ideas?

Do you have your tonsils?  Those are a "magnet."

1 hour ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Is it viral or bacterial strep?

"Viral strep?"  :lol:. You idiot.  Streptococcus IS A BACTERIA.

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Any ideas?

Try honey.  Hot tea with honey...or just a teaspoonful every hour or so.  Honey has anti-bacterial properties.

Mostly, though...see your doctor again.  Strep untreated can cause heart problems.  It's no joke.  Honey won't hurt, and it may or may not help, but you need antibiotics.

For the pain...Tylenol's your best bet.