Urban Meyer suspended for 3 games

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am old, but I am not retired 25 years. :) The big change in NYC came right after the OJ case. It has been pretty consistent since then; the biggest change since I left is that now virtually anyone can go to Family Court to seek an Order of Protection. The eligibility used to be limited but I won't go into specifics so as not to bore others.

This case is confusing because I am not there and don't even have a clear picture of what is happening now, or even why it is happening. Again, I do suspect that if there really were 9 or 10 calls from a specific person or even place, the school officials were well aware and would be happy to let Meyer take the fall but I don't pretend to know.

Yes, they were aware of the allegations from 2015. That was all presented today. The police investigated and didn’t find evidence to support it. The police actually informed OSU of the allegations, who informed Zach and pulled him off a recruiting trip.

the 9 calls to 911 is separate, and not related to the DV claim. They were regarding her complaints custody arrangement, trespassing, stalking. Police looking into them and didn’t find evidence to support any action. He also called 911 on her.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, they were aware of the allegations. That was all presented today. The police investigated and didn’t find evidence to support it. The police actually informed OSU of the allegations, who informed Zach and pulled him off a recruiting trip.

They had no evidence to support ANY allegations? Nothing? Wow.

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am old, but I am not retired 25 years. :) The big change in NYC came right after the OJ case. It has been pretty consistent since then; the biggest change since I left is that now virtually anyone can go to Family Court to seek an Order of Protection. The eligibility used to be limited but I won't go into specifics so as not to bore others.

This case is confusing because I am not there and don't even have a clear picture of what is happening now, or even why it is happening. Again, I do suspect that if there really were 9 or 10 calls from a specific person or even place, the school officials were well aware and would be happy to let Meyer take the fall but I don't pretend to know.

I don't consider you to be old. Just very, very, very mature. :)

7 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

McMurphy can release all the texts he wants, the Zach and Courtney story is pretty clear. Urban knew, it was reported to Gene Smith, the school let the police do their investigation, no arrests, no charges. How about someone talk to the police and question their investigation?

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

McMurphy can release all the texts he wants, the Zach and Courtney story is pretty clear. Urban knew, it was reported to Gene Smith, the school let the police do their investigation, no arrests, no charges. How about someone talk to the police and question their investigation?

Getting a little testy?

Maybe I missed something, but as noted in the caption, the text was released to prove Zach is lying. Nothing more.

"Zach Smith told @1057TheZone he never abused Courtney. Here is text message b/w Zach & Courtney when he admits & apologizes for strangling his wife on Punta Cana trip in March 2015 & again in April."

20 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Getting a little testy?

Maybe I missed something, but as noted in the caption, the text was released to prove Zach is lying. Nothing more.

"Zach Smith told @1057TheZone he never abused Courtney. Here is text message b/w Zach & Courtney when he admits & apologizes for strangling his wife on Punta Cana trip in March 2015 & again in April."

Very testy... 

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

the 9 calls to 911 is separate, and not related to the DV claim. They were regarding her complaints custody arrangement, trespassing, stalking. Police looking into them and didn’t find evidence to support any action. He also called 911 on her.

Actually, the above is the reason that records are kept of 911 calls. I even had records of hang up 911 calls from locations which often turned out to  be related to DV. Stalking and trespassing are many times a byproduct of DV. Custody disputes are another horror but interestingly enough, those complaints were often made by men. Often, but by no means exclusively.

On 8/1/2018 at 10:43 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Needs it’s own thread

Zach Smith wasn’t even a good coach. Worst guy on the staff.

This is BS, urban shouldn't be held responsible for something one his coaches and their wife did.

On 8/2/2018 at 3:19 AM, YoloinOhio said:

The alleged victim said that she didn’t want him to get fired because she needed his income 

he claims she attacked him and her injuries were do to him holding her off, is this still the story.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This is BS, urban shouldn't be held responsible for something one his coaches and their wife did.

he claims she attacked him and her injuries were do to him holding her off, is this still the story.

Yes it’s zach’s Story. but he’s already fired. There isn’t an open DV case. He was being interviewed about what happened in 2015 when the allegations came about but at this point it’s he said/she said in the media on their marriage issues and really has no bearing on Urban. The police didn’t find anything to charge him with and Urban says he followed protocol in reporting. Now we await the committee investigation which I’m sure includes verifyng the protocol.

Yes it’s zach’s Story. but he’s already fired. There isn’t an open DV case. He was being interviewed about what happened in 2015 when the allegations came about but at this point it’s he said/she said in the media on their marriage issues and really has no bearing on Urban. The police didn’t find anything to charge him with and Urban says he followed protocol in reporting. Now we await the committee investigation which I’m sure includes verifyng the protocol.

Would another Big 10 team bring this up secretly to get Myer out (Jim Harbaugh, evil laugh)

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Would another Big 10 team bring this up secretly to get Myer out (Jim Harbaugh, evil laugh)

It was (not confirmed but information said to be known by some on the inside) Ed Warriner who originally leaked the info to the media about his court date for trespassing, and then provided the tip to Brett McMurphy that he had been accused of DV. He lived in Powell too and the two didn’t get along, to put it mildly.  It was well known that Ed resents Urban for how things ended here. Urban doesn’t fire coaches (Zach was the first) but he does get them “reassigned” by recommending they look for other jobs and making calls on their behalf. Ed went from co-OC at OSU to ol coach at Minnesota to now OL coach at TTUN for Harbaugh.  He is not a good OC but he’s a damn good OL coach and pretty decent recruiter. His son plays for Sparty.

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was (not confirmed but information said to be known by some on the inside) Ed Warriner who originally leaked the info to the media about his court date for trespassing, and then provided the tip to Brett McMurphy that he had been accused of DV. He lived in Powell too and the two didn’t get along, to put it mildly.  It was well known that Ed resents Urban for how things ended here. Urban doesn’t fire coaches (Zach was the first) but he does get them “reassigned” by recommending they look for other jobs and making calls on their behalf. Ed went from co-OC at OSU to ol coach at Minnesota to now OL coach at TTUN for Harbaugh.  He is not a good OC but he’s a damn good OL coach and pretty decent recruiter. His son plays for Sparty.

That is pretty s#!tty  , some people are just a petulant child.

Did Urban demote because he sucked?

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

That is pretty s#!tty  , some people are just a petulant child.

Did Urban demote because he sucked?

He actually promoted him from OL to Co-OC when Tom Herman left because he was very good at Ol. But he had the other co-OC Tim beck weren’t good and they already had a new OL coach who Urban wanted to keep so he greased the wheels for he and Beck to get jobs at other programs. He does this whenever he wants to replace someone without “firing” them . Then urban brought in Kevin Wilson. Beck is now Herman’s OC (In name) at Texas. Herman calls the plays. But I don’t think Warriner was too pleased with his decision and felt like he was made out to be a scapegoat. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He actually promoted him from OL to Co-OC when Tom Herman left because he was very good at Ol. But he had the other co-OC Tim beck weren’t good and they already had a new OL coach who Urban wanted to keep so he greased the wheels for he and Beck to get jobs at other programs. He does this whenever he wants to replace someone without “firing” them . Then urban brought in Kevin Wilson. Beck is now Herman’s OC (In name) at Texas. Herman calls the plays. But I don’t think Warriner was too pleased with his decision and felt like he was made out to be a scapegoat. 

I think that is actually really nice of urban, he could just strait out fire them , like most do.  

Some people are just not greatful.

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

One thing that jumps out to me about the independent working group and the investigative team is that they are full of former federal prosecutors. I would expect that a team like this will follow the evidence and make objective conclusions no matter the ramifications. I'm not sure how they know that the investigation will take 14 days, however, unless almost all of the documents have been gathered and reviewed and all they need to do is interview witnesses. 

43 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

One thing that jumps out to me about the independent working group and the investigative team is that they are full of former federal prosecutors. I would expect that a team like this will follow the evidence and make objective conclusions no matter the ramifications. I'm not sure how they know that the investigation will take 14 days, however, unless almost all of the documents have been gathered and reviewed and all they need to do is interview witnesses. 

It seems to me they are setting a deadline and it could wrap up sooner than that. Still no statement from Gene or any mention that he’s being investigated... only Urban. Interesting since Zach said Gene was the one who had the allegations in hand when he heard about it and pulled him off the recruiting trail. Makes me think the university followed protocol and they are doing this to appease the media by showing they pulled all the stops to clear urban’s name from this media crap.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Thanks. Is there a good website to follow the story? PFT is flogging the NBC Sports guy who changes his posts every time the wind blows.

It’s a cluster in the national media because there are a lot of agendas and ratings/click baiting. I would recommend SI.com, Pete Thamel has been right down the middle. Eleven Warriors is a OSU site but is also very objective, believe it or not. They are very up to  speed. 

It’s a cluster in the national media because there are a lot of agendas and ratings/click baiting. I would recommend SI.com, Pete Thamel has been right down the middle. Eleven Warriors is a OSU site but is also very objective, believe it or not. They are very up to  speed. 

Chris Landry doesn't see Meyer surviving this

5 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Interesting.

https://thespun.com/big-ten/ohio-state-football-news/ohio-state-fans-reportedly-planning-rally-for-urban-meyer

Not a good look, especially if he is found culpable. There is certainly some doubt in view of the lies and the Project Veritas Report.

There were like 12 people there. No one cares. Not even Buck I Guy was there, so did it even happen? Lol

They are so loaded at every position and within the coaching staff,  they can win the NC with Ryan Day at the helm. Let’s not get it twisted.  People who care about the media are just upset about shoddy reporting, etc. Let them vent. 

1 minute ago, stuvian said:

Chris Landry doesn't see Meyer surviving this

Not sure who Chris Landry is, but if he doesn’t survive it’s ok and if he does it’s ok. The reasons will be there either way. That’s what the committee is for. 

39 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:
EDIT:

I’m removing this report containing quotes from Courtney Smith’s mother in order to avoid raising the temp on a sensitive issue. Man, this situation is a mess. 

“Nothing to see here!” - ESPN

there are two sides to every story... and then there is the truth. This is insane.

Edited by YoloinOhio

And now we find out these were part of a vindictive plot by a woman scorned to take down ex husband ans Meyer. Coming from BOTH Mothers.

This is the true nature of women guys. This is what all the white knights dont get. That sweet innocent women you think you are with can turn on a dime and become Courtney Smith. Believe it.

20 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:
EDIT:

I’m removing this report containing quotes from Courtney Smith’s mother in order to avoid raising the temp on a sensitive issue. Man, this situation is a mess. 

Yes of course...because it cant possibly be that she was making up a lie as a vindictive plot to get back at her ex husband right?

He still has to be guilty because that's what she said happened right?

Meyer still has to go down for a made up science fiction plot right?

Edited by matter2003

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Nothing to see here!” - ESPN

there are two sides to every story... and then there is the truth. This is insane.

Not really. Women are capable of far more diabolical things than guys give them credit for. Women do some pretty cruel things in their day to day lives many times and so it with a smile...

42 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

This is the true nature of women guys. This is what all the white knights dont get. That sweet innocent women you think you are with can turn on a dime and become Courtney Smith. Believe it.

Seems like you got burned pretty bad.  Sorry, man.

As for Courtney Smith, there is a lot of information out there already and new facts break every day.  So at this point I'm going to continue to watch this drama unfold and withhold judgment in the meantime. I will say though that the more complicated this gets, the less clear it becomes what Urban Meyer was supposed to do about any of it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

And now we find out these were part of a vindictive plot by a woman scorned to take down ex husband ans Meyer. Coming from BOTH Mothers.

Yes of course...because it cant possibly be that she was making up a lie as a vindictive plot to get back at her ex husband right?

He still has to be guilty because that's what she said happened right?

Meyer still has to go down for a made up science fiction plot right?

Per Jeff Snook who wrote the report, he said that he has talked with several reporters from the major media outlets who were too afraid to dive into this side of things because of the repercussions of #metoo and the fear of the backlash for alleged victim shaming. What a time ...

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Not really. Women are capable of far more diabolical things than guys give them credit for. Women do some pretty cruel things in their day to day lives many times and so it with a smile...

very happy staying single

i just hear stories from people in my life and stare 10,000 miles into space and think OMG!!!

3 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Seems like you got burned pretty bad.  Sorry, man.

As for Courtney Smith, there is a lot of information out there already and new facts break every day.  So at this point I'm going to continue to watch this drama unfold and withhold judgment in the meantime. I will say though that the more complicated this gets, the less clear it becomes what Urban Meyer was supposed to do about any of it.

Nope I didnt get burned at all because I am aware of how they are and I swallowed the red pill. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.