Jason LaCanfora and Peter King reports from Bills camp

LaCanfora:

2018 NFL Training Camps: Bills won't rush Josh Allen into starting QB role

Pretty balanced outlook from a national media type who has been very critical of past regimes 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-training-camps-bills-wont-rush-josh-allen-into-starting-qb-role/

mentions the narrative of the OL is overblown and brings up the idea of Mack to Buffalo 

Peter King:

TRAINING CAMP TOUR

Josh Allen adjusting to the NFL game

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/peter-king-bills-josh-allen-discuss-early-days-training-camp

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty balanced outlook from a national media type who has been very critical of past regimes 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-training-camps-bills-wont-rush-josh-allen-into-starting-qb-role/

mentions the narrative of the OL is overblown and brings up the idea of Mack to Buffalo 

I was actually impressed with this article...

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

From most accounts I've read on here I thought Allen had been the best of the 3 QB's. His article said Allen is struggling. Which on is it?

Not even close.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is a full red shirt year for him.  I wouldn't mind it either.  Would love to see Mack here next year!

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

From most accounts I've read on here I thought Allen had been the best of the 3 QB's. His article said Allen is struggling. Which on is it?

I took it to mean that he spent very little time with the 1st team and when he was there, he didn’t do much 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

McCarron has been the best, most consistent in camp. At least to me. Allen has been better than I thought he would be. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Some are saying he’s the best  because people don’t like AJ  and think Nate is a total bust.  

Baby steps.  

I’ve been saying that McDermott won’t rush him out there if he’s not ready.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Some are saying he’s the best  because people don’t like AJ  and think Nate is a total bust.  

Baby steps.  

I’ve been saying that McDermott won’t rush him out there if he’s not ready.   

Pat Kirwan was on wgr today saying that he thinks they need to identify the starter, at least internally, by next week. He said they cannot continue dividing up the reps this way among 3 and that one guy needs to get at least 60% by next week for that guy to be ready for the season given the relative inexperience of the group. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pat Kirwan was on wgr today saying that he thinks they need to identify the starter, at least internally, by next week. He said they cannot continue dividing up the reps this way among 3 and that one guy needs to get at least 60% by next week for that guy to be ready for the season given the relative inexperience of the group. 

I'm guessing they name a starter after the 1st preseason game unless McCarron struggles or Allen looks amazing. 

23 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I was actually impressed with this article...

Didn't like whatvhe said about the Center position... Many fans thought Groy played better then Wood when Wood got injured a couple years ago. Doesn't seem to be a huge hole. Competition yes but not a hole like he seemed to indicate.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kmart128 said:

Didn't like whatvhe said about the Center position... Many fans thought Groy played better then Wood when Wood got injured a couple years ago. Doesn't seem to be a huge hole. Competition yes but not a hole like he seemed to indicate.

a hole

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

McCarron has been the best, most consistent in camp. At least to me. Allen has been better than I thought he would be. 

thetruthhurts sometimes...

Consistency...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is true.  

But contrary to some fans reports Josh Allen has had a dozen snaps with the 1s.   So it’s betweem AJ and NP.  

16 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I'm guessing they name a starter after the 1st preseason game unless McCarron struggles or Allen looks amazing. 

12 to 14 plays with the 1s     

Allen isn’t ready    

Pretty balanced take by LaConfora, although I think the Center position is less of a tire fire than he indicates.  I think there has been a huge difference in LaConfora's reporting on the Bills under the new regime.  It makes me think he had some big issue with Whaley in particular, and perhaps Rex as well. Whatever it is, his attitude toward the Bills is reborn.

Edited by MDFan
Spelling

6 minutes ago, MDFan said:

Pretty balanced take by LaConfora, although I think the Center position is less of a tire fire than he indicates.  I think there has been a huge difference in LaConfora's reporting on the Bills under the new regime.  It makes me think he had some big issue with Whaley in particular, and perhaps Rex as well. Whatever it is, his attitude toward the Bills is reborn.

He was the author of the St Doug story. i always thought there was a mole on staff feeding him stories to make Marrone, Whaley, Rex look bad and now that guy has been gone so he’s not getting the dirt 

Edited by YoloinOhio