Bills hosting DL Ryan Russell for visit; Signed

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Frankly I wished they showed as much interest in OL guys are they did in the DL "in the trenches guys".......Bills need OL help and backups BADLY......JMO

There are more viable DL types out there on the market than OL. OL is a depth problem league-wide. Many teams don’t have 5 decent starters across the OL let alone depth guys who can play. 

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Earlier today Leslie Frazier said Shaq Lawson has his best football ahead of him, and now this. The writing is on the wall. I'm gonna guess we trade Shaq for a 4th rounder by mid-August.

Qualifier to the above:

21 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Maybe Love,  Fede, Boesen, or Odighizuwa should be worried before Shaq. 

:lol:

15 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Frankly I wished they showed as much interest in OL guys are they did in the DL "in the trenches guys".......Bills need OL help and backups BADLY......JMO

Whats out there? I think they like Connor McDermott and they have Newhouse as a tackle options. Whoever loses the Bodine/Groy battle will be the interior guy along with 5th round pick Wyatt Teller, thats all the roster room there is for o-line. 

DeBeer hoping for the practice squad. 

Edited by PirateHookerMD

22 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

WTH are McBeane seeing in these guys that other teams give up on? This guys’ bio suggests a long career with Allied Van Lines more than an NFL roster spot.

Consistency. He knows exactly what he’s going to get out of them as opposed to whether or not Lawson feels like being a punching bag. Sometimes a known consistency is better than hyped up potential 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Sounds like Lawson isn't getting up field quick enough for the d.  Hopefully a team needs a good edge setter and will give the Bills and asset for him.   At this point what could they realistically fetch for him a 4th?

don't Bills need a quality edge setter on the cheap as well ?

On 7/28/2018 at 4:17 PM, Chandler#81 said:

WTH are McBeane seeing in these guys that other teams give up on? This guys’ bio suggests a long career with Allied Van Lines more than an NFL roster spot.

...thought it was just me and another senior moment......look at the ones he signs coming off injury ala Benjamin, Davis, Murphy, etc........

On 7/28/2018 at 4:16 PM, Logic said:

Everything the Bills have done at the DE position this year (bringing in Murphy, Fede, Odighizuwa, Russell, etc) suggests that Lawson is a goner. As I see it, they're lining up a list of potential backups to Trent Murphy. #90 is as good as gone. The writing is on the wall.

is Fede, Odighizuwa, Russell and these other back up DE's really going to outplay Shaq, is Shaq really that bad? Also is Lorax lining up at DE or is he in the LB corps? If Lorax is a LB then that means Shaq has to get beat out by 2 of those backup DE's to not make the roster. 

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Where are his turn-ons and turn-offs?  HTF are we supposed to evaluate him without critical data?

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They did this a lot in their first year as well tIncurring with the bottom half of the roster this could be motivation to get shack movie or it could simply be trying to find a back up defense of end so that they can move him for a pick

C'mon man.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

On 7/28/2018 at 4:17 PM, Chandler#81 said:

My father (and I for a summer) worked for Allied Van Lines and think you have no idea of caliber of people they hire.

The following types of players are available for OL:

• Players available because scheme or coaching staff changed.
  • Players available because teams wanted younger / healthier /cheaper.
  • Players available because another player took the slot and too expensive as a backup.
  • Players available because seen potential never reached

It is harder to find OL players because they do not tend to be niche players like defense players other than a snapper (often not an OL) or an extra OL just used in power formations.