Not all that bad if Shaddy goes

On 7/13/2018 at 8:15 AM, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day everyone would love Shaddy to be cleared of these charges but if he is not then it may just accelerate the move from ground and pound offense to modern day passing.  The good teams pass the football,  playing conservative ground and pound gets you tossed come playoff time.

Having Shaddy here means running on 1st and 2nd down and being predictable on offense and teams just put 8-9 guys in the box. We drafted Allen for his arm,  go out there and make modern day throws.  

It will virtually guarantee the Bills the #1 pick in the 2019 draft.  Without Shady, they had absolutely no offense.

21 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

If Shaddy goes we still have Ivvory and Caddet.

A JAG and a never-were are certainly good replacements for a two time All Pro and six time Pro Bowl RB because they're available to play and "buy into the process".

When your offense has only one weapon, you can't afford to lose it.

Yep, the chances of Shady missing this season seem slim.  Without direct, damning, smoking-gun evidence, this matter might takes some time to play out legally.

But the drama of the legal battle and the fear of looming consequences could distract Shady.   He may not be at his best when we need him to be.  

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Josh Allen can't even beat out McCarron or Peterman. 

I hope I'm wrong but he won't be the guy. Those two guys are booty.

I do hate to be that guy, but that is about Shady (see thread title) in WHAT way? 

?

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I do hate to be that guy, but that is about Shady (see thread title) in WHAT way? 

?

His post was about airing it out, and having an offense that throws more than it runs.

That's what I was referring to. I'd love an offense like that, and I'd love it even more with Shady on it. Just don't think Allen is that guy at this point.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

On 7/15/2018 at 10:05 AM, frostbitmic said:

If Shaddy goes we still have Ivvory and Caddet.

23 hours ago, SoTier said:

A JAG and a never-were are certainly good replacements for a two time All Pro and six time Pro Bowl RB because they're available to play and "buy into the process".

I don't think you got the jokke.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Josh Allen can't even beat out McCarron or Peterman. 

I hope I'm wrong but he won't be the guy. Those two guys are booty.

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

I don't think you got the jokke.

So a rookie QB who hasn’t had 1 NFL training camp or pre-season game cant beat out the other 2 QB’s? Right now depth charts at certain positions mean nothing. Lets not put the cart before the horse. 

McCarron may turn out to be a pretty good qb and Allen may take a little time to develop and then end up being our franchise guy. If it goes down like that it isnt a bad problem to have.

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

So a rookie QB who hasn’t had 1 NFL training camp or pre-season game cant beat out the other 2 QB’s? Right now depth charts at certain positions mean nothing. Lets not put the cart before the horse. 

McCarron may turn out to be a pretty good qb and Allen may take a little time to develop and then end up being our franchise guy. If it goes down like that it isnt a bad problem to have.

This is a thread about McCoy, since when has he played QB ?