Not all that bad if Shaddy goes

End of the day everyone would love Shaddy to be cleared of these charges but if he is not then it may just accelerate the move from ground and pound offense to modern day passing.  The good teams pass the football,  playing conservative ground and pound gets you tossed come playoff time.

Having Shaddy here means running on 1st and 2nd down and being predictable on offense and teams just put 8-9 guys in the box. We drafted Allen for his arm,  go out there and make modern day throws.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day everyone would love Shaddy to be cleared of these charges but if he is not then it may just accelerate the move from ground and pound offense to modern day passing.  The good teams pass the football,  playing conservative ground and pound gets you tossed come playoff time.

Having Shaddy here means running on 1st and 2nd down and being predictable on offense and teams just put 8-9 guys in the box. We drafted Allen for his arm,  go out there and make modern day throws.  

What makes you think Allen will be the opening day starter?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around any scenario where this team is better off without Shady? How does Shady limit Allen's ability to make modern day throws? Doesn't having a premier rb open up more passing options for whoever the Bills starting qb is? Wouldn't having 8 or 9 in the box open passing lanes. Sorry but this one is an epic fail. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

For me it isn’t so much about changing styles as it is changing the age group. You can win in the NFL on the ground or in the air or both. Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Rams, etc... all win with a balanced attack. By the time that the Bills are ready to compete (another year or 2) Shady will be ancient by RB standards. He has held off Father Time so far but for how much longer? Get a young dynamic back next year to grow with Allen & co. 

2 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around any scenario where this team is better off without Shady? How does Shady limit Allen's ability to make modern day throws? Doesn't having a premier rb open up more passing options for whoever the Bills starting qb is? Wouldn't having 8 or 9 in the box open passing lanes. Sorry but this one is an epic fail. 

They aren’t better without Shady. No team is better when you take away their best player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Shaddy?  Your premise is shoddy. The best thing for a young QB like Allen is a strong running game to take the pressure off.  Shady will be the primary cog in the engine of the offense. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Who's Shaddy?

If you mean "Shady", I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself.  Please keep in mind he has not been charged with anything yet.

And no, removing an all-pro level player does NOT make a team better and we will NOT be better without him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

No it doesn't. Have you ever seen teams throw on 1st down even though they have great running backs? Do the Steelers run on 1st and 2nd down because of Bell? Do teams throw to their RBs on 1st and 2nd down? 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who's Shaddy?

If you mean "Shady", I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself.  Please keep in mind he has not been charged with anything yet.

And no, removing an all-pro level player does NOT make a team better and we will NOT be better without him.

But this is Buffalo...we like trading our best players

37 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

You are nuts. (No disrespect intended)

Just now, Cornette's Commentary said:

You want to send a rookie QB out there with no running game and no wide receivers to throw to?

You want to send Nate Peterman out there? He would be in the same situation. 

If we really have no talent, give me the most talented quarterback to try to do something. If we put out someone with a weak skill set the offense will be horrendous. With Allen and his skill set, it stands a chance to make a play or two from time to time. With the way the defense performed last year and with some new talent over there, one or two good plays from the offense might be all we need to win.

I wouldnt start any one but Allen unless he is simply not getting it. I highly doubt that will be the case

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

You want to send Nate Peterman out there? He would be in the same situation. 

If we really have no talent, give me the most talented quarterback to try to do something. If we put out someone with a weak skill set the offense will be horrendous. With Allen and his skill set, it stands a chance to make a play or two from time to time. With the way the defense performed last year and with some new talent over there, one or two good plays from the offense might be all we need to win.

I wouldnt start any one but Allen unless he is simply not getting it. I highly doubt that will be the case

All I can say, is: without McCoy, have fun watching an offense that will be WORSE than last year's.