LeSean McCoy allegations

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Your trust in the consistency and faithfulness of Roger Goodell, and the competency of the NFLPA in enforcing the toothless CBA, is mystifying, bizarre, and otherworldly, and while I will not call you a very silly person for thinking as you do, I would not disagree with someone who did.

Is this the kinder, gentler DC Tom?

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Your trust in the consistency and faithfulness of Roger Goodell, and the competency of the NFLPA in enforcing the toothless CBA, is mystifying, bizarre, and otherworldly, and while I will not call you a very silly person for thinking as you do, I would not disagree with someone who did.

Understood, but I have a lot of faith in McCoy's attorney's ability to have an ....informal informational discussion....with Roger Goodell

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Of course she is/does.  The gravy train has ended and she needs money.

Do the talk shows pay for appearances?  Anyone know?

39 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Only an idiot would think Goodell can suspend without any evidence. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do the talk shows pay for appearances?  Anyone know?

Yes they do.  It's all "entertainment."

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Wrong.  Goodell can, quite literally, do whatever he wants.

Yes.  But the owners also very adverse to bad-PR. 

I could see Shady's lawyer bringing a nasty, high-profile case against the NFL that the league would (obviously) like to avoid...

Just now, Lurker said:

I could see Shady's lawyer bringing a nasty, high-profile case against the NFL that the league would (obviously) like to avoid...

I never underestimate the stupidity of the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The amazing thing is that, paraphrasing, "Goodell can do whatever he wants" is actually written into the CBA.

13 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Did you mean to say, "You're not an idiot?"

No, I can still call people idiots.  I just can't mean it.

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Please, this cat's out of the proverbial bag.  The bad-PR is already percolating.

What would be worse for the NFL, Shady's lawyer bringing a case against the league or every media outlet in the country playing pictures of the woman's battered face while the person she accuses of being involved is doing jumping jacks at SJF?

The bottom line is, Shady, at some point, will be "under investigation," which cuts a very wide swath and can be interpreted liberally by Goddell.  Look, I hope Shady's innocent here too, but to pretend that Goodell is handcuffed by "lack of evidence" here is pure fantasy.  

1 minute ago, Ned Flanders said:

t to pretend that Goodell is handcuffed by "lack of evidence" here is pure fantasy.  

I think at this point it's pretty much reality.  Shady was nowhere near the crime scene and what evidence does exist suggests he has been trying to peacefully remove gold digger from the premises for some time.  There is nothing besides gold digger's "I think he set me up" comments, and even Goodell isn't stupid enough to let that form the basis for discipline (or placement on the exempt list).

Until the assailant is apprehended or some other new evidence turns up, nothing is going to happen to Shady.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, eball said:

...even Goodell isn't stupid enough...

Reminder: Goodell gave Ray Rice a 2-game suspension for domestic violence, and 14 more games for the video of it going public.

Yes, yes he is.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, eball said:

I think at this point it's pretty much reality.  Shady was nowhere near the crime scene and what evidence does exist suggests he has been trying to peacefully remove gold digger from the premises for some time.  There is nothing besides gold digger's "I think he set me up" comments, and even Goodell isn't stupid enough to let that form the basis for discipline (or placement on the exempt list).

Until the assailant is apprehended or some other new evidence turns up, nothing is going to happen to Shady.

I agree with this. It's been a week and a half and we haven't heard a shred of evidence against Mccoy. Even his ex said she wasn't sure it was Mccoy. So guessing this is all gonna lead no where 

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Without evidence of some wrong-doing, he can't up and suspend anyone he wants.  Now, how long he suspends someone is inconsistent, but there needs to be grounds for it.

In this case specifically, he has nothing other than an unsubstantiated claim by a jilted ex-GF.  Judging by the fact that it's been over 10 days and the ex and her lawyer need to parade themselves out in public again, it tells me the cops have found nothing to link him to the crime, so she's doing her best to set herself up for a civil suit, which Shady feared she'd do.

25 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Please, this cat's out of the proverbial bag.  The bad-PR is already percolating.

What would be worse for the NFL, Shady's lawyer bringing a case against the league or every media outlet in the country playing pictures of the woman's battered face while the person she accuses of being involved is doing jumping jacks at SJF?

The bottom line is, Shady, at some point, will be "under investigation," which cuts a very wide swath and can be interpreted liberally by Goddell.  Look, I hope Shady's innocent here too, but to pretend that Goodell is handcuffed by "lack of evidence" here is pure fantasy.  

Not really.   In today's 10 second attention span world, the "cat's" already receding into yesterday's news.  Hence, the need for Cordon's lawyer to go on CBS today and rekindle their claims.

About 20 pages back I advocated for McCoy's lawyer to make a statement to cut off the one-sided media positioning in this case.   I'll now admit that I was wrong.   Shady's silence is making the story go away rather than be litigated in the press (the old "...sound of one hand clapping" strategy seems to be working). 

OTOH, if Goodell were to suspend McCoy without credible evidence of his involvement, I suspect Shady and the NFLPA would launch a deep-pockets test case against the commissioner's God-like status and unlimited powers.    It could get messy, as any suspension would essentially end McCoy's playing career.    So go big, or go home on using that high-powered attorney he hired...   

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I agree with this. It's been a week and a half and we haven't heard a shred of evidence against Mccoy. Even his ex said she wasn't sure it was Mccoy. So guessing this is all gonna lead no where 

It depends.  Proper criminal investigation work isn't done overnight.  And these cops are in Atlanta, GA.  I suspect they aren't the best.  It could take longer than you think.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lesean-mccoy-nfl-star-ex-girlfriend-convinced-he-was-involved-in-her-attack/

https://globalnews.ca/video/4343489/attorney-of-nfl-star-lesean-mccoys-ex-girlfriend-speaks-out

I call BS on the following:

"Cordon's attacker wanted the same expensive jewelry her ex-boyfriend has been demanding she give back, Graham said. When McCoy gave them to Cordon in 2016 for her birthday, she posted about it on her Instagram account.

"When she said to this person 'Hey, I don't have it, it's in a safety deposit box." He accepted that. I'm not certain what type of burglar would accept something like that," Graham said."

So, what's up with this apparent "acceptance" then?...

Image result for "DELICIA CORDON" assault

A kid.  Like say...a friend of the son's?

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Without evidence of some wrong-doing, he can't up and suspend anyone he wants.  Now, how long he suspends someone is inconsistent, but there needs to be grounds for it.

Link me the evidence requirement in the CBA, please.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

The amazing thing is that, paraphrasing, "Goodell can do whatever he wants" is actually written into the CBA.

No, I can still call people idiots.  I just can't mean it.

Absence of a just cause standard is a terrible thing.

The NFLPA dun goofed.

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Link me the evidence requirement in the CBA, please.

Show me a case where a player was suspended based solely on what a victim thought happened?