Post a pic of your favorite Christmas and/or Birthday present

MM-4LaneSet.jpg

I got this in about fourth grade. They didn’t have video games in the ‘60s. Every birthday or Christmas I would get more cars, more track, etc. I still have it in storage in the attic. The last time I used it was in 1982, and that was just to see if it still worked before I stashed it away. 

One of my daughter's gave me this hardcover book for Christmas years ago.  What makes it special is she went through the book highlighting all the things that she felt about me.  Greatest present I have ever or will ever receive.

Makes me cry just thinking about it.

TimRussert.JPG

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Favorite Christmas Present:

image.jpeg.cd9691701a52ba47ac111bd0ce991989.jpeg

Same here

I remember really wanting one for Christmas and always being told no.  Then the joy on Christmas morning!  And the smile on my Mom's face. 

And Dad's "No You Didn't" glare at Mom

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

They say there's nothing like your first...

image.jpeg.e6adf47cd34e69c3c0fc0c85b8cabe79.jpeg

My first was Atari VCS, but Super NES was my first (and only) modern system.   Madden, NHL '94 and Super Mario World were all great.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

My first was Atari VCS, but Super NES was my first (and only) modern system.   Madden, NHL '94 and Super Mario World were all great.

I had Pong, my kids had Super Mario. I marveled at men spending a little time on the moon, my kids weren’t even phased by remote control cars driving around on Mars. What’s next? 

11 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

Mrs. Banza got me this Martin about a decade ago.  Gets better with age.  Sounds super sweet.

80573EE3-491F-4AFF-AD8A-2EB7B694BE01.jpeg

A Martin guitar is one heck of a nice present!

11 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I've never figured out how to post a pic. 1980 Honda XL125 for my 11th birthday. I rode the heck out of that bike!!!

Did it look something like this?

Cool bike!  Great gift!

Honda%20XL125S%2076.jpg

12 hours ago, Augie said:

I had Pong, my kids had Super Mario. I marveled at men spending a little time on the moon, my kids weren’t even phased by remote control cars driving around on Mars. What’s next? 

I think the next big thing we will all be marveling at is spare body parts for people, which is kind of the secret to old age if you think about it.  With some exceptions, most people die b/c they needed a spare body part or parts but humans don't have any to speak of.

Bad eyesight?  You don't wear glasses, you grow fresh clone eyeballs and install them in your head.  

This is all coming; just a question of how long.

12 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

DDCDCB5F-EBD8-455A-9E9D-6BAB7E9BA0DC.jpeg

Oh now this is something special! 

These Tamiya R/C kits are fantastic and the gold standard of that industry.

Like a mini little car with working suspension, motor, gearbox, etc.

Nice!

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Oh now this is something special! 

These Tamiya R/C kits are fantastic and the gold standard of that industry.

Like a mini little car with working suspension, motor, gearbox, etc.

Nice!

I don’t remember exactly how long it took to assemble, but I know it was my most impressive accomplishment in my young life. Ha. I don’t even think I took breaks to eat or sleep. Coolest gift ever and when I looked up the picture, I found that they still make them!  It is really tempting to buy one.  They even make The Frog, which was my favorite back then. 

28 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I don’t remember exactly how long it took to assemble, but I know it was my most impressive accomplishment in my young life. Ha. I don’t even think I took breaks to eat or sleep. Coolest gift ever and when I looked up the picture, I found that they still make them!  It is really tempting to buy one.  They even make The Frog, which was my favorite back then. 

Oh yes.  A huge portion of Tamiya's business is all the R/C stuff.

If you go to the Tamiya.com main website (not the USA version) you can click on "Browse online catalog" or some such and you can go through all the different scale R/C categories to see what is out there.

I have had my eye on one of their 1:16 scale R/C tanks for a while now.

They also have "glow plug" cars that actually use a small internal combustion engine for a power source instead of an electric motor!  

31 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Image result for easy bake oven 1979

My sister had this thing.

The heat source for baking the cake was a freaking light bulb! 

LOL

33 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58354frog/index.htm

tamfrog2.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Figures... Nancy Boy lawyers in the making... What child psych couldn't see this trainwreck coming down the line.

Did you contract out to change the lightbulb?

I take offense to those comments!!!

What was your favorite toy? Lemme guess....a bathtub with a drain stopper.

• Haha (+1) 3

Got it when it came out in 1968, I was 10. 

A great indoor game to develop hand/eye coordination when you couldn't go outside. 'Slugger" could hit a ping pong ball across the room.

Led to me and my brother playing "rug hockey" using rulers as sticks and a ping pong ball as a puck.

Vintage-1968-Sandlot-Slugger-Milton-Bradley-Game-w-box.jpg