Kennedy Retires

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

If only Ginsburg would follow suit.

She will try to hold on through 2024... but considering she can't even remain conscious for a SOTU address, I'm not putting big money on her reaching that goal. 

Thomas will retire too before Trump's done. 

That (could) give him 4 picks in total. 

(Let's see if Gowdy and Lee are on Trump's lists)

• Like (+1) 1

IF (big if) the Senate holds R and/or gains a few spots, the next few years are interesting. Already President Trump has done a lot to reshape the judiciary.

Let's see if The Turtle can get it done with the tiny majority (quite a few  RINOs). IOW, what will Jeff Flake want?  Man, these Arizona Senators...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She will try to hold on through 2024... but considering she can't even remain conscious for a SOTU address, I'm not putting big money on her reaching that goal. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Cruz on there with lee, but Gowdy has been a real disappointment over the course of the Mueller investigation.

1 hour ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

#WINNING! :beer:

What issues do you hope the new solid Conservative majority will rule on? 

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump hates Gowdy 

31 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I think the court needs a Ginsburg on it.  As much as it needs a Scalia on it.

But only one of each, please.

As long as there is a Sotomayer, a Ginsburg is basically redundant.

(Though Ginsburg defends & provides support for her views much more convincingly than Sotomayer does.)

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

As long as there is a Sotomayer, a Ginsburg is basically redundant.

(Though Ginsburg defends & provides support for her views much more convincingly than Sotomayer does.)

Yeah bit Ginsburg doesn't have the rich background growing up Latino that gives only Sotomayer the ability to judge fairly.

• Haha (+1) 1

Anthony Kennedy’s impending SCOTUS retirement sends libs into a TAILSPIN

1jA3iH37_normal.jpgmarisa kabas

scared and nauseous.

Tu8MZbg__normal.jpgryan cooper

congratulations to Supreme Court Justice David Duke

vrHWzLmF_normal.jpgMichael Ian Black

Stock up on abortions now. Roe v. Wade is gone.

reddfoxx1259962708_normal.jpgchauncey devega

Kennedy gone from the U.S. Supreme Court. Yup. Hillary and Trump were the same. Thank you Bernie types who sat out because of spite. All that white economic anxiety folks. Trump's Supreme Court will have their own version of the Dred Scott decision.

I can't post the majority because of the language

An 82 year old man is retiring!

I am literally shaking right now.

Thumbnail
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So conformation hearings before the elections??

This will also be around the time Manafort's trial is going on and perhaps the release of Mueller's report. 

I just wonder if they do find out the election (2016) has indeed been fixed will there will be a remedy for these illegitimate appointments to the court to stand or will more judges be added to the court. 

Next nominee will be grilled on self-pardons, ignoring subpoena and what happens if a president does ignore one, obstruction and criminal intent and religious liberty, is it only for white protestant christians? 

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Anthony Kennedy’s impending SCOTUS retirement sends libs into a TAILSPIN

I can't post the majority because of the language

An 82 year old man is retiring!

I am literally shaking right now.

Thumbnail

It's happy time! Libs are unhappy, and that's the only reason to be happy. 

reddfoxx1259962708_normal.jpgchauncey devega

Kennedy gone from the U.S. Supreme Court. Yup. Hillary and Trump were the same. Thank you Bernie types who sat out because of spite. All that white economic anxiety folks. Trump's Supreme Court will have their own version of the Dred Scott decision.

That is the best!!!  :D:D

ReddFoxx.... hmmmm.. the best anecdotes are on his TV show he had on a boxer and instead of pulling the punch he hit Redd good on the jaw.  Redd bounced up, in his velvet tux and pulled a knife out in 3 seconds.

Another time the show began and he was introduced but didn't hit his cue, an assistant ran to his dressing room and found Redd in ummm.... oral congress with a young woman, and when interrupted Redd said "can't a man get some privacy?"

Elise Johnson @Peanut_Johnson 50m50 minutes ago

Make no mistake this IS the worst case scenario for women, minorities, and the environment. Justice kennedy was a swing seat for gay rights and racial discrimination. Giving up his seat before midterms is disgraceful.

Not that there was anything wrong with that.....

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

NYSRPA will take a challenge to the SAFE ACT to a conservative Supreme Court

And I did not know that (RE: Gowdy)

A magazine case? Ok

I could actually see a Liberal judge appointed here. If Cons can't get this over the goal line in time and lose Senate in November, it will be the next president that picks this judge 

and no matter how it stacks up, there are never going to overturn Roe v Wade, besides the states that allow the vast majority of abortions have already sealed off the legality permamnently

Kennedy is/was the most moderate on the court now.  A trump replacement won't swing the court much in the conservative direction except that a true conservative and and a much younger one will be on board for much longer.

Ginsberg may die on the bench.  She's too stubborn to retire. 

9 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Kennedy is/was the most moderate on the court now.  A trump replacement won't swing the court much in the conservative direction except that a true conservative and and a much younger one will be on board for much longer.

Ginsberg may die on the bench.  She's too stubborn to retire. 

that would be gross if she died RIGHT THERE!!!

just don't give us another stealth liberal under the guise of a Conservative Justice..... Souter was a total disaster

CHUCK SCHUMER: Height of Hypocrisy’ if McConnell Doesn’t Stall Supreme Court Nomination Like 2016.

The Biden Rule applies to presidential election years, Senator, but I think you know that.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A magazine case? Ok

I could actually see a Liberal judge appointed here. If Cons can't get this over the goal line in time and lose Senate in November, it will be the next president that picks this judge 

SAFE ACT is more than just mag capacity bro...

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

Talk about political suicide...

Also, this is huge news. Bigger than most people care to admit. 

Could be political suicide putting a right wing nut bag on too. This will be a Trump pick, Flake and Corker might not care, they are not running again, and Heller might be afraid of losing his seat if he votes for the nominee. Then there is the filibuster...

hey, this is why we like politics, right? 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chris-matthews-hell-to-pay-if-democrats-dont-block-kennedy-replacement?ref=home

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews did not mince words in reacting to Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy’s surprise retirement announcement on Wednesday. 

“I don’t think the Democrats should allow meetings to occur with Trump’s nominee to fill this vacancy by Justice Kennedy,” Matthews said. “I think they have to fight eye for an eye for what happened in ‘16 when the Republicans, led by Mitch McConnell, refused to even consider or even meet with Merrick Garland.” 

If the Democratic leadership under Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer “allows this to go forward,” Matthews continued, they are going to have a “huge problem with the Democratic base.” He pointed to incumbent Congressman Joe Crowley’s loss the night before to young progressive Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as a sign of just how vulnerable the establishment wing of the Democratic Party is right now.

47 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So conformation hearings before the elections??

This will also be around the time Manafort's trial is going on and perhaps the release of Mueller's report. 

I just wonder if they do find out the election (2016) has indeed been fixed will there will be a remedy for these illegitimate appointments to the court to stand or will more judges be added to the court. 

Next nominee will be grilled on self-pardons, ignoring subpoena and what happens if a president does ignore one, obstruction and criminal intent and religious liberty, is it only for white protestant christians? 

It's happy time! Libs are unhappy, and that's the only reason to be happy. 

You've offered expert analysis and  a compelling reason for the Trump admin to move slowly through this process.  On your behalf I have called the White House to urge restraint in nominating the next Justice to the Supreme Court. The person I spoke with went to ask.

.....hold for POTUS reply....

....still holding....there seems to be a lot of discussion on this issue....

....still on hold, My God you may have gotten their attention with the white protestant Christian line!  They think it will play well in Peoria....

...someone just picked up...

Darn it. POTUS thought about it but decided to go in a different direction. He did say something like if things go south he'll let Mike decide.  

So close, so so close. 

• Haha (+1) 1