Sammy Watkins classes it up on his way out of LA

Rigotz

7 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

and you'd pretty much be alone in that regard.

The NFL has spoken, and spoken loudly that you are wrong. Dead wrong.

So because a player was drastically overpaid that means the NFL has spoken?

I'll remember that when I think about Langston Walker and Dockery. Ya know seeing as how we drastically overpaid them, but it was just the NFL speaking loudly. 

• Like (+1) 1

Watkins drawing early rave reviews at Chiefs camp

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Sammy Watkins made quite the impression on the first day of Kansas City Chiefs training camp on Thursday.

The veteran wide receiver is one of the newest options for first-year starting quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

"The guy's an unbelievable talent, he really is," tight end Travis Kelce said of Watkins.

"He's a high-character guy, you can't say anything wrong about him. It's been exciting just to see him come out here and work because he's such a great athlete and he makes you want to get better every single day."

Mahomes and Watkins teamed up to elicit the biggest cheer of the day from fans attending the opening of camp.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

He always looked weird.  He has a cartoonish face with overly accentuated, round, fat cheeks.

I looked at the 'new Sammy' pic and immediately thought of the Cosby Kids.  Can I say that?

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Sammy Watkins made quite the impression on the first day of Kansas City Chiefs training camp on Thursday.

The veteran wide receiver is one of the newest options for first-year starting quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

"The guy's an unbelievable talent, he really is," tight end Travis Kelce said of Watkins.

"He's a character "  FIFY

Mahomes and Watkins teamed up to elicit the biggest cheer of the day from fans attending the opening of camp.

Wait until those fragile reptilian alien bones buckle in the Kansas City gravity, see how many parades they're throwing for him.

15 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

So because a player was drastically overpaid that means the NFL has spoken?

I'll remember that when I think about Langston Walker and Dockery. Ya know seeing as how we drastically overpaid them, but it was just the NFL speaking loudly. 

How about because nobody is really lining up to get their hands on Robert Woods; that the Rams aren't exactly vaulting him to #1, nor was he #1 in Buffalo?

Could that maybe be part of the answer? One other thing: Walker and Dockery were pursued once. The NFL has jumped through hoops to get to Watkins THREE times. 

So, uh, yeah. The NFL spoke, pretty clearly.

22 hours ago, NewEra said:

While I’d rather have Sammy than Bob Woods, I can’t see how you can say that the “NFL has spoken”.  The Chiefs have spoken.  Not one other team has.  The rams were wheeling and dealing all spring.  If they wanted to keep Sammy and trade woods, they could have done that.  Woods had a great year and isn’t getting paid some crazy amount of cash.  But they decided to let Sammy go and got nothing in return.  Pretty much says that they’d rather have woods than Sammy imo.  Different price tag, sure.....but Sammy is a Chief and Woods is still on the Rams.

Again ...

The NFL has jumped through hoops to get to Sammy Watkins not once or twice, but three times. 

Nobody in the NFL is reaching to make Robert Woods a #1 WR. Nor have they, three times now. That is the NFL speaking and all the rest is fans bull **** opinions. Sorry, you make some **** up and there are some simple facts. The Bills traded up to get Sammy. The Rams gave away picks and a player. The Chiefs gave him a huge contract.

Meanwhile Woods slipped in the draft and got basically a contract to go out west. 

37 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

How about because nobody is really lining up to get their hands on Robert Woods; that the Rams aren't exactly vaulting him to #1, nor was he #1 in Buffalo?

Could that maybe be part of the answer? One other thing: Walker and Dockery were pursued once. The NFL has jumped through hoops to get to Watkins THREE times. 

Again ...

The NFL has jumped through hoops to get to Sammy Watkins not once or twice, but three times. 

Nobody in the NFL is reaching to make Robert Woods a #1 WR. Nor have they, three times now. That is the NFL speaking and all the rest is fans bull **** opinions. Sorry, you make some **** up and there are some simple facts. The Bills traded up to get Sammy. The Rams gave away picks and a player. The Chiefs gave him a huge contract.

Meanwhile Woods slipped in the draft and got basically a contract to go out west. 

The bills traded up for him.  Then traded him for a 2nd rd pick.  The rams traded a 2nd rd pick for him.  Then let him go for nada.  The chiefs paid heavily for him.  3 teams have spoken.  2 of those teams let him go for a bag of chips.  

Hes is an ULTRA talented WR that hasnt done squat.  He could end up being the best WR in the nfl imo. He’s that talented.  His upside is much higher than Robert Woods and that’s why the chiefs paid so much for him.  

But the reality of your post is just so off base it’s not even worth debating anymore.  The “NFL” has not spoken.  The Bills, Rams and Chiefs has spoken.  2 of those teams had no problem saying god bye, don’t let your ego hit you on the way out.  That’s real.  That’s the reality. You are delusional.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On June 19, 2018 at 5:14 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sammy only has about 200 yards and 7 more tds than Woods in one less season.  There’s a reason Watkins is getting almost double what Woods got. 

Woods is is a solid number 2 but teams aren’t game planning for him.  And guess what? Talented receivers are divas.  Sammy should have gotten the ball more here.  

Maybe this is the year Andre Holmes and Streater become stars!!!

Sammy just turned 25!!! God, that would be a great target for Allen. Goff played well last year but has an average arm.  Allen could have threw some lovely bombs to Sammy. 

And he got rid of his dreds.  NFL Network showed him and he said since he turned 25 it was time to get rid of them.

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

The bills traded up for him.  Then traded him for a 2nd rd pick.  The rams traded a 2nd rd pick for him.  Then let him go for nada.  The chiefs paid heavily for him.  3 teams have spoken.  2 of those teams let him go for a bag of chips.  

Hes is an ULTRA talented WR that hasnt done squat.  He could end up being the best WR in the nfl imo. He’s that talented.  His upside is much higher than Robert Woods and that’s why the chiefs paid so much for him.  

But the reality of your post is just so off base it’s not even worth debating anymore.  The “NFL” has not spoken.  The Bills, Rams and Chiefs has spoken.  2 of those teams had no problem saying god bye, don’t let your ego hit you on the way out.  That’s real.  That’s the reality. You are delusional.

Well said!

On 7/28/2018 at 1:15 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

From the article:

Inside linebacker Reggie Ragland started camp on the non-football injury list. He experienced a swollen knee following his flight to training camp.

I know he's a good guy, but damn.  That's slipping on the rubber mat worthy. 

11 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

From the article:

Inside linebacker Reggie Ragland started camp on the non-football injury list. He experienced a swollen knee following his flight to training camp.

I know he's a good guy, but damn.  That's slipping on the rubber mat worthy. 

If we had kept Reggie and this was happening to him this board would be imploding

On 7/28/2018 at 7:15 PM, Tyrod's friend said:

Again ...

So much wrong with this but you are entitled to your opinion

On 7/28/2018 at 7:33 PM, /dev/null said:

I wonder who the KC fans will sour on first, Sammy or Mahomes

I fully expect Watkins to have a monster season assuming he stays healthy. That's a good offense for him. Irrespective of the numbers, his immense physical talent is crushingly obvious, and it's amazing that people here look past it. He's still quite young - he just turned 25.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I fully expect Watkins to have a monster season assuming he stays healthy. That's a good offense for him. Irrespective of the numbers, his immense physical talent is crushingly obvious, and it's amazing that people here look past it. He's still quite young - he just turned 25.

I would put his numbers around:

49 catches 760 yds and 3 touchdowns for 2018

I think Reid bought himself an expensive decoy.   The rest of the offense should flourish.  I just don't see Sammy being Julio Jones in 2018, or ever actually and I know Jones had what, 1 touchdown all last year?  He's still twice the WR Sammy is. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I would put his numbers around:

49 catches 760 yds and 3 touchdowns for 2018

I think Reid bought himself an expensive decoy.   The rest of the offense should flourish.  I just don't see Sammy being Julio Jones in 2018, or ever actually and I know Jones had what, 1 touchdown all last year?  He's still twice the WR Sammy is. 

Somehow it's been forgotten that in his 1st two seasons he put up 125 catches for just over 2K yards with 15 TDs with EJ, Orton, and Tyrod as his three QBs. 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Somehow it's been forgotten that in his 1st two seasons he put up 125 catches for just over 2K yards with 15 TDs with EJ, Orton, and Tyrod as his three QBs. 

If you are saying it wasn't all that memorable I do agree.   Sammy's career to date has been a disappointment in my mind.    OBJ's career is what we expected when we drafted him.  Or Mike Evans, who is probably the most consistent WR in that entire class

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

If you are saying it wasn't all that memorable I do agree.   Sammy's career to date has been a disappointment in my mind.    OBJ's career is what we expected when we drafted him.  Or Mike Evans, who is probably the most consistent WR in that entire class

The numbers I cited were very good considering the run oriented offenses he played in and let me know when WRs call plays and pass to themselves.   At any rate, he's in a good offense in KC with a strong armed QB as the #1 WR.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The numbers I cited were very good considering the run oriented offenses he played in and let me know when WRs call plays and pass to themselves.   At any rate, he's in a good offense in KC with a strong armed QB as the #1 WR.  

Payment doesn’t make you the number one of anything. I suspect that will quickly change in the year.

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I love watching you twist yourself into a pretzel building up 'ol Sammy. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1