Wouldn’t be surprised to see Bills pick up Tank Carder

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

True.

But Poyer hadn't blown out his ACL.

At least with Tank, you know what you're getting:  “I don’t agree with being gay or lesbian at all, but saying faggot doesn’t make me a homophobe, it’s just a word.”

but Poyer was also coming off injury

I remember when we brought him in last year and the feeling on the board

"he is coming off a season ending injury"

"he played for the browns"

It is a bit similar....its worth kicking the tires we are not gonna rely on him to be a full time starter.....he had enough respect to be named a team captain.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

but Poyer was also coming off injury

I remember when we brought him in last year and the feeling on the board

"he is coming off a season ending injury"

"he played for the browns"

It is a bit similar....its worth kicking the tires we are not gonna rely on him to be a full time starter.....he had enough respect to be named a team captain.

Poyer suffered a lacerated kidney.  It has/had no effect on his football playing future.

Carder has been cut by the Bills and the Browns and was a ST guy.

3 hours ago, JoeF said:

Which Buddy promptly gave to Russ Brandon....and then the trouble really started....

Buddy Nix:  "Russ, did you plant those magic beans?  They're supposed to grow a really big stalk."

Brandon:  "Plant them?!  I ate them!"

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

We need every dollar in the bank so we can pick up a olb to replace Alexander...and it sure won't be Carder.

It will probably come in the form of a draft pick next year.

But Alexander is a starter on this team this year.......which means it would be great to have a LB who is a monster on special teams.

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It will probably come in the form of a draft pick next year.

But Alexander is a starter on this team this year.......which means it would be great to have a LB who is a monster on special teams.

He wasn't a monster here in the few pre season games he played in.In addition..happy belated birthday to Alexander,he turned 35 last  week.Go back and watch some footage of him last season...at the Jets,vs Saints,both NE games etc....he was bad,very bad. Peace

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

He wasn't a monster here in the few pre season games he played in.In addition..happy belated birthday to Alexander,he turned 35 last  week.Go back and watch some footage of him last season...at the Jets,vs Saints,both NE games etc....he was bad,very bad. Peace

Mister...now you know that players do improve right?

And those defenses were bad in general.....its hard to gleen from that.

I think the eventual replacement for Alexander is already on the team and it’s Edmunds. But for the time being it may be a draft pick but they better be in the mold of Edmunds and can play both inside and outside. 

13 minutes ago, mschifano said:

I think the eventual replacement for Alexander is already on the team and it’s Edmunds. But for the time being it may be a draft pick but they better be in the mold of Edmunds and can play both inside and outside. 

You dont think that they want him to play MLB?

I think this is McD's Kuchley

19 minutes ago, mschifano said:

He’s going to start out at MLB per Beane. They technically could move him next year but I doubt that if he shows he can handle it.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

he’s a McD type and would be cheap. Could provide experienced depth in the middle for Edmunds. 

I was pissed when we cut him in camp, at least give the kid a chance on the practice squad, but it just shows who ran this team.