Bills' OTAs Week 3 (June 4-5) and (June 7-8) - Practice Open to the Media on Thursday at 11 AM ET

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills are back on the field today to begin the final week of OTAs before mandatory minicamp next week. 

Do you know what day is open to the media?

5 Bills to Temper Expectations for in 2018

Several Buffalo Bills showed promise in the first phase of offseason workouts. A number of Buffalo players were able to make impacts on the field in rookie minicamp and organized team activities, showing that they have the potential to make impacts come the regular season. However, it must be noted that there is still a long way to go until Week 1 of the 2018 season.

It’s important to note that, even with a successful first round of OTAs, realistic expectations need to be set for the upcoming season. Here are five Bills that fans should temper expectations for in 2018.

OC Brian Daboll
QB Josh Allen
QB A.J. McCarron
WR Kelvin Benjamin
DE Trent Murphy

7 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Our offense is probobly taking a big step back and thats bad considering Dennison nuetered our offense last season. Simply off our OL and WR rosters. Our defense should be better.

That's okay because the defense will be awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FearLess Price said:

Our offense is probobly taking a big step back and thats bad considering Dennison nuetered our offense last season. Simply off our OL and WR rosters. Our defense should be better.

The WR group is a question mark, but it's not much different from last year. If anything they'll be better since KB will have all offseason to gain chemistry, Zay will be in his second year (I know he's hurt and terrible, so it might not matter), they signed Kerley who's not great, but has some production in the league, and then they have a bunch of young guys looking to make a name for themselves. It's not a strong group, but they didn't lose a bunch of production.

The o-line is a big question mark, there's no question about that. Groy filled in nicely at C when Wood was out, so I'm hoping he or Bodine will be serviceable at center. Richie was a loss, but he wasn't playing much longer, so might as well see what they have. Hopefully they can solidify that spot this year so next year we can see an established unit. Hopefully someone can cement themselves into the RT spot. If Mills can improve his pass blocking, he wouldn't be terrible, but he's a big weakness.

Daboll is the wild card. Can he get that side of the ball to overachieve or will the Bills continue to only ever be good on one side of the ball.

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1

Last week of OTA's and they got Mandatory Minicamp next week. 

Daboll, McDermott and Beane will have had a good look at what they have to work with on the offense.

I'm wondering whether a move or two will be upcoming.  Bill's realistically got 5-6 million to play with and

there always can be trades/player swaps and maybe a surprise cut freeing up a little more money.

There always is the "after cuts" pickups and trades too.

I still believe they are not done with the offensive roster for the year.

How will the offense take a big step back? McCoy, Clay, Benjamin and we all think we should be better at QB...barring injuries, how can it be worse than last year? We scored 3 points in the damn playoff game!

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its gonna take some real evidence that Trent Murphy is not going to be a player at that DE spot other then a injury that lots of players come back from after having a full season to rehabilitate it.

Murphy has been a flat out monster.

Murphy had one good season. He is a high risk player, coming off both a suspension and season ending injury. The risk is worth the reward IMO but talking like he is a sure thing is a bit of a stretch. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just curious - which receiver that is missing from last year would cause you to think their WR core is worse than last year?

42 minutes ago, Dep13 said:

Anyone know what days the media will be there?

I think tomorrow is open to the media. I have a friend who will be on the sidelines of OTAs tomorrow, Safelite Auto Glass is having some kind of event there. That leads me to believe the usual media folks will be there too.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think tomorrow is open to the media. I have a friend who will be on the sidelines of OTAs tomorrow, Safelite Auto Glass is having some kind of event there. That leads me to believe the usual media folks will be there too.

Does your friend do repairs, replacements or both?

Love their jingle.  

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Safelite Auto Glass is having some kind of event there.

For a couple dozen media ?

.....maybe those from Rochester, Syracuse and Erie drive here in their own vehicle to cover the Bills and get lots of windshield chips and cracks. 

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's okay because the defense will be awesome.

Hell yeah. Im pumped to see us in nickle with edmunds and milano at the LB spots and let Lorax or murphy rush the passer opposite hughes. They over acheived last year, this year we stocked up on young talent. 

4 hours ago, elroy16 said:

The WR group is a question mark, but it's not much different from last year. If anything they'll be better since KB will have all offseason to gain chemistry, Zay will be in his second year (I know he's hurt and terrible, so it might not matter), they signed Kerley who's not great, but has some production in the league, and then they have a bunch of young guys looking to make a name for themselves. It's not a strong group, but they didn't lose a bunch of production.

The o-line is a big question mark, there's no question about that. Groy filled in nicely at C when Wood was out, so I'm hoping he or Bodine will be serviceable at center. Richie was a loss, but he wasn't playing much longer, so might as well see what they have. Hopefully they can solidify that spot this year so next year we can see an established unit. Hopefully someone can cement themselves into the RT spot. If Mills can improve his pass blocking, he wouldn't be terrible, but he's a big weakness

Daboll is the wild card. Can he get that side of the ball to overachieve or will the Bills continue to only ever be good on one side of the ball.

This is where im at. Our WR were garbage last year and we didnt do much to change that unless one of the udfa steps up like Hogan did. The Oline is a debilitated question mark, so is the QB and the OC.

4 hours ago, nucci said:

How will the offense take a big step back? McCoy, Clay, Benjamin and we all think we should be better at QB...barring injuries, how can it be worse than last year? We scored 3 points in the damn playoff game!

Weve been scoring 3 points in important games vs over .500 teams ever since we let Dennison be OC.

Its worse because we are still garbage at WR and now we have a make shift OLine after losing 3 starters in Cog and Wood and a healthy Glenn. This offense is trash, Daboll will have to scheme up a coordinater of the year award to come close to 2015 and 2016 ppg.

4 hours ago, MDFan said:

Just curious - which receiver that is missing from last year would cause you to think their WR core is worse than last year?

Besides losing Deonte Thompson,  it was the failure to bring in anyone better than jeremy curly to shore things up, thats a fail and you know it. Another year another KB knee injury, we dont know what ZJ is gonna jump off next,  its just not a good situation. 

Dabolls scheme and play calling talent is the only factor that could change things for this offense and get them going again even with the current roster. Thats his job.