NFL Sunday Ticket

5 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Thats the problem with people today. Everybody wants everything for free. 

I dont agree with this.   People have always wanted something for free IF THEY CAN GET IT.  The issue with DirecTV and other media providers is that they offer low priced packages to get customers then continually raise prices, add fees.  The people who just pay get taken advantage of.  The price for TV has gone from tens of dollars to hundreds of dollars in a relatively short period of time.  The good people who "dont want things for free" get screwed.  The whole system is set up to take advantage of the people who do not complain while the media companies satisfy those that do and just take less from them but it still goes to the bottom line.   That philosophy maximizes profits.   Media companies are sleazy as heck in my opinion.   

I do think that a few hundred dollars for Sunday Ticket is reasonable but you have to pay much more just for the right to pay for Sunday Ticket.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Why should it be free to see out of market games? Sorry but its not their fault you moved away from your local team. 

Because it's on free tv locally, you don't need to pay a provider you just need an antenna. That plus we have the internet now, meaning you could stream that already free TV easily. It is also not "free" we have to watch Advertisers. So my suggestion was to up the cost to advertise based on the ratings and added draw a team receives from a live stream. In my opinion NFL games on NBC ABC CBS and FOX should be "free" to all public viewers through streaming even if they are not in range of the market.

1 hour ago, BuffaloSol said:

Because it's on free tv locally, you don't need to pay a provider you just need an antenna. That plus we have the internet now, meaning you could stream that already free TV easily. It is also not "free" we have to watch Advertisers. So my suggestion was to up the cost to advertise based on the ratings and added draw a team receives from a live stream. In my opinion NFL games on NBC ABC CBS and FOX should be "free" to all public viewers through streaming even if they are not in range of the market.

Free locally for the local team and that's how its always been. Its not their fault you decided to leave from your local market. They wouldn't make as much money then if they switched to the advertiser model. 

On 9/6/2018 at 2:33 PM, bobs0108 said:

I purchase the NFL SundayTicket streaming bc I am a student and I have not been able to login. When I do it says it’s not part of my package and contact them. Is anyone else having the same problem. Hopefully it will be good for this Sunday. 

Any luck figuring this out?  I'm having same issue and it's GAMEDAY, 11 am EST.  

46 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

Any luck figuring this out?  I'm having same issue and it's GAMEDAY, 11 am EST.  

I went on the help chat for the 5th time this morning and the person reset my account and I had to change my PW and it started working. It took about 20 min

Yep, today is the day to call.  Looks like some of you are getting it for free...nice.  I had already gotten ST for about $75 with a boatload of other pkgs for free and the additional monthly $60 off but hadn’t gotten anything for max....until today. Got the upgrade for one  time charge of $25.  Make the call now if you haven’t already.

On 6/2/2018 at 1:26 PM, whatdrought said:

Just found out that due to my student status, I can get sunday ticket for $100 for the whole season via internet streaming.

As a out of state bills fan, this seems like a great deal, but am wondering if you guys are familiar and know it to be worth it? 

My current way of watching is to watch via an EU site that is decent, but has questionable quality and sometimes does not work. 

Thoughts?

I got all excited when I read this.  My daughter is a new college student this year.  She is not, NOT a football fan.  So I'm like - hey, maybe she can get it, and I'LL use it!

Except....she moved halfway across the country to attend college .... in market for the Bills ?

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got all excited when I read this.  My daughter is a new college student this year.  She is not, NOT a football fan.  So I'm like - hey, maybe she can get it, and I'LL use it!

Except....she moved halfway across the country to attend college .... in market for the Bills ?

I think it goes by where you logon at ie were you are that bases on what is blacked out. So you should be able to use hers

27 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

I went on the help chat for the 5th time this morning and the person reset my account and I had to change my PW and it started working. It took about 20 min

I did the same.  The customer care rep re-synced my account, and it worked.  Thanks for info.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

you should be good anyways because I think it is determined by where your IP is. 

I just tried loyalty again today to get ST but they said I already got $60 discount and there is nothing else available for my account.  I asked for their supervisor had to wait, he said best he can give me is 25% off standard ST or Max at the standard price.  I told him I knew others getting it for free but he said there is nothing available for my account.  I'm going to call back later and tell them to cancel my account.  I spent a total of 1:15 mins on hold and talking to them.  I'm pretty angry now!!

15 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

What did you say to get that deal?

I've been with them since 1998. Anybody who has been with them 10 years or more is eligible for these kinds of discounts, they're just not going to tell you or advertise it. Like I said, I talked with him on a personal level and found some things we had in common. Said I wanted to see what they could do about lowering my bill because I had a kid who just started college this fall and money was tight. He has a kid heading to college next year so he could relate. I asked about getting Sunday Ticket because they were offering it to new customers for free and he said, "You beat me to the punch...I was going to ask if you liked sports." I already had the Sports Pack so he offered that discount & he threw in HBO without me asking. Be polite and courteous and try to connect with the Loyalty rep on a personal level. Stretching the truth or embellishing a little is okay but don't lay it on too thick...don't lie and don't be rude.

Now is the time to call folks.

Called in, when asked what i was calling about, i sad "contract."  That got me straight over to retention. Lady picked up and asked if I was inquiring about my contract because of cost, just wanted to know when my contract ended for my records, or both. I replied a little of both. Without even asking for a discount she gave me $70 freaking dollars off for 12 mos, which for me is a 65% discount! On top of that, $5 off my showtime, and offered free HBO for 12 mos and free cinemax for 6 mos, which i declined. I said, "about Sunday Ticket, i noticed you are giving it to new customers for free,  what can you do for me?" She said "oh you are getting that for free, too Mr Milfhunter." I didn't know what to say, i was and still am in a state of shock. No arguing, no sales process, no T.O from a sales manager.   That was by far one of the most productive 10 minutes i have ever had in my adult life.

Be calm, be cool, be friendly. The call center reps are people too.

• Like (+1) 1

I also called yesterday and threatened to cancel.  When asked to explain why, I mentioned that when I began DirecTV a year ago (after moving into a home; my wife & I couldn't get it in our apartment) that no free offer was ever extended about Sunday Ticket, even though I know of people who are starting service and getting it for free.  Just like that- well, 10 minutes later, some of which they verified that no free offer was offered last year- and I've got it for free, too.

I guess you can say I had a "legitimate" case but as you can from all the above posts they're absolutely willing to work with you, even if/when you don't...