Groy Embracing New Opportunities with Bills

He's certainly been popular on this site, and most have said that he did very well covering for Wood when he was out. But, I have to wonder how he was behind Ducasse, and Miller on the depth chart as a guard? What did McD see that others haven't?

24 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

He's certainly been popular on this site, and most have said that he did very well covering for Wood when he was out. But, I have to wonder how he was behind Ducasse, and Miller on the depth chart as a guard? What did McD see that others haven't?

I thought he did well filling in for Wood. I have not seen much of him playing guard in his time with the Bills. Perhaps he is a better center than guard?

Edited by Uncle Joe

40 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I thought he did well filling in for Wood. I have not seen much of him playing guard in his time with the Bills. Perhaps he is a better center than guard?

That could certainly be, although one would assume he would then be listed as a center. I'm just wondering if maybe he isn't as good as people seem to think.

12 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

That could certainly be, although one would assume he would then be listed as a center. I'm just wondering if maybe he isn't as good as people seem to think.

He's slightly overrated here, without a doubt.

How's the saying go?

The most popular guy on the team is the backup guard.

Something like that.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

We certainly needs some people to step up and provide a pleasant surprise on the OLine....why not start here! 

Because they are not talented enough.If Mills (who took the SD off),Ducasse and Miller are your starters..that's a problem. Talking the talk is one thing...but walking the wall is what it's about. Talk is for salesmen imo. Peace.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Because they are not talented enough.If Mills (who took the SD off),Ducasse and Miller are your starters..that's a problem. Talking the talk is one thing...but walking the wall is what it's about. Talk is for salesmen imo. Peace.

Well, I’m not taking his word for it, but I’m hoping for some guys to develop and maybe benefit from a different scheme. Time will tell! We certainly need some help there. I suspect the OLine will be a high priority next offseason.  In the meantime, I’m hoping for pleasant surprises. (It’s all I can do!)