Favorite Bills game last season

On 5/25/2018 at 11:19 AM, billsbackto81 said:

Week 12 KC game was to me the turning point of the season.

After getting humiliated against the Chargers in Week 11 they went into KC in a must win situation and dominated defensively against a fully armed KC team. That showed me a lot and reaffirmed my confidence in this regime.

Honorable mention has to be the last week of the season. Beating Miami in a must win and wait game and then watching the Cincy/ Baltimore miracle which ended the drought was pretty special.

The KC game was good.     Taylor came back and crammed it up a lot of people's backsides for doubting his value.   But as it turned out KC was just in a horrendous slump.    They lost to the Jets the following week.   To put it in perspective.......the blowout of the Bills and Chiefs victory were the only two wins the Jets had in their last 11 games of the season.   The Bills were just a bad team after their 5-2 start they just got a very timely and fortuitous schedule finish.

Best game to me was Jacksonville.    First playoff game in nearly two decades and they really played out of their heads to keep that game close against a FAR superior opponent.   They dropped a few catchable footballs on offense and defense otherwise they get out of there with a narrow victory.    All you could ask for from that overmatched Bills team.   The people who disrespect that effort because of the few points they scored expose their stupidity with regard to the game of football.

• Like (+1) 1

This is tough for me. I went with my wife to the Indy/Snow Bowl game though I had bronchitis so my enjoyment is somewhat tainted. Great pics from that game and people still ask about it. 

However, I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the playoff game at Jax even though a loss. So impressive how Bills fans took over the city in the first playoff game in a generation. A lot of good memories (and pics) from Lot X. This is even though I traveled with @plenzmd1 :beer::thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

Week 3 vs Denver checked many boxes for me. My first game in years, the wife’s first NFL game, a ridiculous amount of Broncos fans, the media not giving us a shot, the temperature was near 100 on the visitors side in the sun, Trumps comments about kneeling before the game, and actually coming away with a win was awesome. It seemed to prove that the team was for real. Also the first game Hauschka really impressed. 

If I could take back anything, it would be to sit on the home side of the stadium, and I probably should have stopped yelling Old Spice related jeers at Von Miller after we had the lead. 

Edited by benderbender
hauschka

My favorite was the Tampa game, because it was the only game I attended last year.  Exciting game, great atmosphere, beautiful weather for late October. 

My next favorites were the snow game (I really regret not buying some of the $10 tickets that were available), the Miami/Ravens&Bengals game, and of course, the Jags game.  Really, the whole week leading up to the playoff game were just a total blast.  I'll never forget it.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:11 PM, Logic said:

The Falcons game is when I KNEW things were different with this Bills team. I realize their staring WRs went down with injury, but still. We went into a very tough road environment and beat a team that was in the Super Bowl the year prior. 

It was NOT a coincidence that they went down and our WR play improved. Julio Jones typically out muscle DBs and Leonard Johnson was having none of that giving more than he was getting and Julio was not used to this and got dinged.  Minnesota did same to thing to him in week 12 and he was ineffective then as well.

On 5/26/2018 at 7:09 PM, Shaw66 said:

Atlanta. I was there, and the place was electric with Bills fans. 

I don't remember the game, but I remember all the Bills fans cheering for about 15 minutes after the game.  

The Atlanta game has to win it for me. I was there with both my sons, and it was a great time. The Bengals game was great, if just because I met some great guys in person at the tailgate. The weather....not so much.