Josh Allen. Let's get real people!

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

For about 20 years in Buffalo that would be a guy nobody else was really interested in picking as high as the Bills did or some backup that was supposed to be a hidden diamond in the rough.  

It's the opposite of Russell Wilson amiright

8 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

What's a prototypical QB? 

A meaningless term probably describing a tall QB with a big arm that doesn't run. Basically the opposite of Russell Wilson ?

9 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Thanks for keeping it real, man. I'm very concerned about it. Instead of getting excited about finally having a great prospect in a Bills uniform after 30 years, I think it's a perfect time to piss all over that, and worry about the Wide Receiver situation. 

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

There are plenty of serious threads in which to discuss Josh Allen. This is not one. 

A topic about Josh Allen is not a topic about Wide Receivers. I know from previous posts that you were not high on Allen. I was. We will wait for 2- 3 years to find out . So , for now,  let your bias against him cool. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

We have the prototypical QB that we have been begging for since the retirement of Jim Kelly! HUGE arm, BIG body, and INTELLIGENT! Give this kid some Solid mentoring and a little time and we won't regret this pick.  Now get behind our young QB and show him the support that BILLS fans are famous for! 

Aside from Allen being taken in the top ten, how is he different from JP Losman and EJ Manuel? All three were/are "projects" with lots of raw talent that the Bills gambled on.  Almost all QBs taken in the first round who are considered "projects" like Losman and Manuel have failed.   Maybe Allen will be different, but don't bet more than you can afford to lose because the odds are stacked against him.  That's what's "real", dude.

Edited by SoTier

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I am all in favor of getting real people.

It's just Allen that concerns me.  Not sure his game translates to success at the NFL level, but we'll see!

You mean like the gimmicky offense that was  Allen run in Wyoming compared to the pro style ( NFL ready day 1 ) offense of  Mayfield & Rosen ? 

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

Aside from Allen being taken in the top ten, how is he different from JP Losman and EJ Manuel? All three were/are "projects" with lots of raw talent that the Bills gambled on.  Almost all QBs taken in the first round who are considered "projects" like Losman and Manuel have failed.   Maybe Allen will be different, but don't bet more than you can afford to lose because the odds are stacked against him.  That's what's "real", dude.

Losman was the product of the Bills having to first round picks ( Sound familiar?) and by the time Buffalo got to their 2nd pick(22nd) all the QB gold had been mined. Manning, Rivers and Big Ben we're long gone. Losman was  a true project pick by everyones oppinion. The Bills had that extra pick so what the hell.  

The 2013 NFL draft will go down as the worst ever for QB's. EJ was the first QB selected and it was at #16! He was a wasted first round pick and that and that alone should have gotten our GM fired!

Josh Allen was a consensus top 5 pick, often compared to big Ben.From a leading scout "Allen has amazing physical tools that is close to the prototype of how any evaluator would draw up their ideal quarterback. He has a powerful right arm that can get the ball to any spot on the field. His cannon is able to push the ball vertically and stretch defenses downfield. In tight windows, Allen can fire a fastball that explodes out of his hand and cuts through a defense. He has a quick release and throws a tight spiral. His arm talent is legit. "

I get it. There are questions and concerns. Should Rosen also be under the microscope due to his draft position ?

This kids arm is going to convince many of you. Now let's get him some receivers! 

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't respond well when someone refers to me as "people."

Then obviously I wasn't referring to you ;)

15 hours ago, OJABBA said:

I agree, he is a great prospect. I'm very excited.

As far as the critics are concerned, people on message boards  LOVE to be right. They love to be able to say "see, I told you so. My football knowledge is better than yours. I knew the front office is incompetent."....I know I do!

And the odds are way better that just about any QB that is drafted isn't going to be become a star, so they play the odds. "Oh, my veteran eye had this guy pegged. Knew it the day they drafted him. Maybe you'll learn someday..."

Allen is easily the best prospect the team has had since Kelly.

I agree with everything you said and the fact that he is the best prospect we have had since Kelly is incredibly, utterly, and astoundingly sad. Decades.

2 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Losman was the product of the Bills having to first round picks ( Sound familiar?) and by the time Buffalo got to their 2nd pick(22nd) all the QB gold had been mined. Manning, Rivers and Big Ben we're long gone. Losman was  a true project pick by everyones oppinion. The Bills had that extra pick so what the hell.  

The 2013 NFL draft will go down as the worst ever for QB's. EJ was the first QB selected and it was at #16! He was a wasted first round pick and that and that alone should have gotten our GM fired!

Josh Allen was a consensus top 5 pick, often compared to big Ben.From a leading scout "Allen has amazing physical tools that is close to the prototype of how any evaluator would draw up their ideal quarterback. He has a powerful right arm that can get the ball to any spot on the field. His cannon is able to push the ball vertically and stretch defenses downfield. In tight windows, Allen can fire a fastball that explodes out of his hand and cuts through a defense. He has a quick release and throws a tight spiral. His arm talent is legit. "

I get it. There are questions and concerns. Should Rosen also be under the microscope due to his draft position ?

This kids arm is going to convince many of you. Now let's get him some receivers! 

Then obviously I wasn't referring to you ;)

The problem is once you get passed the arm strength and him being a giant, there are a lot of question marks. I don't think you should get so mad when people are skeptical. It truly goes both ways. 

Truth police: This is historically incorrect. The Bills did NOT have an extra 1st round pick that year but rather gave up their 1st round pick the following year to obtain the rights to #22. overall which they then used (wasted) on JP Losman. 

6 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

I agree with everything you said and the fact that he is the best prospect we have had since Kelly is incredibly, utterly, and astoundingly sad. Decades.

The problem is once you get passed the arm strength and him being a giant, there are a lot of question marks. I don't think you should get so mad when people are skeptical. It truly goes both ways. 

Mad? I'm fine. 

3 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

Truth police: This is historically incorrect. The Bills did NOT have an extra 1st round pick that year but rather gave up their 1st round pick the following year to obtain the rights to #22. overall which they then used (wasted) on JP Losman. 

Did they not have two picks in the 2004 draft?

3 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Mad? I'm fine. 

Did they not have two picks in the 2004 draft?

Traded 2004 second round pick (#43-Julius Jones), 2004 fifth round pick (#144-Sean Ryan), 2005 first round pick (#20-Marcus Spears) to Cowboys for 2004 first round pick (#22-J.P. Losman) on 2004-04-24

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

They traded their 2015 1st to get Losman, then they took Roscoe Parrish in the second in 2005, and missed out on Aaron Rodgers...

Thanks for the clarification. My point, albeit not concise, is that we went for a QB that by all accounts was a definite project. A true head scratcher even more so seeing that we did the deal with Dallas to obtain what??

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Traded 2004 second round pick (#43-Julius Jones), 2004 fifth round pick (#144-Sean Ryan), 2005 first round pick (#20-Marcus Spears) to Cowboys for 2004 first round pick (#22-J.P. Losman) on 2004-04-24

Thanks. Please see above.