HBO and ESPN, get off your A**es...The Drought and the $17 for 17 are REAL

Thank you, thank you...yes, I get it.  You guys have a love affair with waxing poetic about the Saux, or the "U", and yes I know I am going back a few months with bringing this up, but this really was a thing.

This really should be a 30 for 30, or something.

What doesn't it have?

The Drought.

The unlikely heroes (Dalton, Boyd).

The new coach and new regime.

Would things be too late for the old veteran (Kyle)?

The "touchdown".

The once nationally mocked and reviled "Bills Mafia" shown to have tremendous heart.

The foundations...what happened with Dalton and Boyd almost unheard of in pro sports as it relates specifically from one team's fans to another city (Houston, as nice as it was, doesn't count.  That was a tragedy that had us all banding together)...show everyone the results of the donations.

...and The Reaction...all over WNY and Bills fandom everywhere.

You mean to tell me you are going to have any problems interviewing Jeff Glor, Wolf Blitzer, Nick Bakay, Poncho Billa, Jim Kelly or anyone else about this?

Be smart HBO and ESPN.  You don't need to be a blood hound to smell this story and realize that many, even outside of Buffalo, would want to see this.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

If Buffalo wins a superbowl, sure, there is plenty of substance to make a feature out of.

However, the things you are laying out, in the moment they absolutely meant a lot to Buffalo and the fans, but we havent actually won anything yet, so pump the breaks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

If Buffalo wins a superbowl, sure, there is plenty of substance to make a feature out of.

However, the things you are laying out, in the moment they absolutely meant a lot to Buffalo and the fans, but we havent actually won anything yet, so pump the breaks.

I hear you, BF.  However, hear me when I say that not ever great story in the world ends with a ring at the end.

Rocky...didn't win the title in the first movie.

Just now, QCity said:

It's too early to be drinking.

...and its much too early to be a downer.

Just now, Shotgunner said:

What does Wolf Blitzer have to do with the story?

Also, it is a great story, but this is Buffalo. As Billsfan17 alluded to we haven't won anything yet.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-jeff-glor-of-cbs-news-and-cnns-wolf-blitzer-cant-contain-their-bills-pride/

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Meh. Hardly a superfan. That video was from us beating the Brissett-led Pats when Brady was suspended for cheating and destroying evidence.

But I don't like Blitzer. I will admit his name is awesome though. 

To the original post: I would love to see a "30 for 30 or something" on this moment. I just don't see it happening.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thank you, thank you...yes, I get it.  You guys have a love affair with waxing poetic about the Saux, or the "U", and yes I know I am going back a few months with bringing this up, but this really was a thing.

This really should be a 30 for 30, or something.

What doesn't it have?

The Drought.

The unlikely heroes (Dalton, Boyd).

The new coach and new regime.

Would things be too late for the old veteran (Kyle)?

The "touchdown".

The once nationally mocked and reviled "Bills Mafia" shown to have tremendous heart.

The foundations...what happened with Dalton and Boyd almost unheard of in pro sports as it relates specifically from one team's fans to another city (Houston, as nice as it was, doesn't count.  That was a tragedy that had us all banding together)...show everyone the results of the donations.

...and The Reaction...all over WNY and Bills fandom everywhere.

You mean to tell me you are going to have any problems interviewing Jeff Glor, Wolf Blitzer, Nick Bakay, Poncho Billa, Jim Kelly or anyone else about this?

Be smart HBO and ESPN.  You don't need to be a blood hound to smell this story and realize that many, even outside of Buffalo, would want to see this.

Meh. There should be a 30 for 30 for the crazies in the parking lot.

It would probably beat the hell out of that 'alternative history' that CBS(?) had, where the Bills did win the Super Bowl.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Added punctuation. Punctuation saves lives. "Let's eat Grandma!" vs. "Let's eat, Grandma!"

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I hear you, BF.  However, hear me when I say that not ever great story in the world ends with a ring at the end.

This is very true. Not every 30 for 30 documentary has a happy ending.

"The Legend of Jimmy the Greek"

"Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL".....Granted, the USFL did win $3.00.

"Year of the Scab"

"Fantastic Lies"

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Making the playoffs once in 17 years has hardly put Buffalo back on the national roadmap of NFL relevance.  This is especially the case because they made it with a guy in the NFL’s most important position that is hardly NFL relevant and is not even on the roster anymore.

While we in Buffalo want to feel good about this whole story, now that the initial emotion has worn off the rest of the country will probably go .... meh.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

what the hell is this about?

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We made the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

And the rest of the world isn't still talking about it five months later.

:lol:

I love the blase attitude from guys who have combined for more than 66,000 posts on a Bills message board, and who in the unlikely event that a documentary was made would probably tattoo the date it airs on your d***s...or maybe you'd do it just because your like tattoos.