Giants were between Allen and Darnold at QB; Shurmer had Allen ranked 1st

19 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

My type?

What, pray tell, is "my type"?

Do you mean folks that like to jab a bit at the posters that state absolutes about prospects before they've taken a snap in the NFL?

Oh, then yes, that's my type.

I'm all about folks having an informed opinion; I'm also all about admitting when you aren't certain about something--the way some folks have railed against Allen, claiming certainty regarding his inability to succeed in the NFL, is well-deserving of ridicule IMO...even if they're eventually proven right.

If a good-natured ribbing upsets those folks, well, then they need to toughen up. I'll start the process by being less passive and more aggressive!

:beer:

Trolls have feelings too.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I want Allen to be great but it will be fun to watch Schopp squirm.

Don't count on it. Schoop will simply explain what he really meant.

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Trolls have feelings too.

Don't count on it. Schoop will simply explain what he really meant.

true, he is king flip flop.

all last year talked about how great it would be to trade up and then this year it was a horrible idea.

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

I've watched a bunch of his games and he sucked.

Slow to process information, not very accurate, etc. He's just not very good.

lol ok

Don't know what to tell ya. Do you have a long history of evaluating quarterbacks?

The good far outweighs the bad. He was put in a tough spot last season yet the team still went 8-3 in his starts (0-2 without him) with a bowl win.

Expert opinions just don't matter to me anymore.

I've heard and seen enough good things to have hope.

I've also heard and seen enough bad things to have fear.

No one knows if Allen will take the next step and become a great pro.  We'll all find out when we find out.

17 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Pat Shurmur has a 10-23 head coaching record and they drafted a rb over a qb.

You're really trying too hard.  Seriously.  Why not just say you don't think Shurmur knows anything about QBs?  That's obviously how you feel.  No, instead you throw out a meaningless stat (with respect to evaluating QBs) and talk about a decision made by someone else (the GM) on a team that already has an established veteran QB.  Great job.

Oh, and by the way, the Giants won 11 games just two years ago and sustained a ridiculous amount of bad luck last season.  It's not outside the realm of possibility that they are already the 2nd best team in their division -- going for an immediate impact player at #2 was hardly an indictment of the QBs in this draft.

Is there something wrong with Bills fans starting threads that contain material supportive of their new QB?

Edited by eball

On 5/4/2018 at 8:12 PM, Bobby Hooks said:

Hey, going to the opener? I am. Maybe we can share a beer and you can explain in person how funny and aggressive you are. 

Ill explain “what type” you’re acting like. 

Im sure it’ll be an excellent in person debate. You in? 

Bandit is one the most informed and insightful posters on this board, and has been for a long time.  I'm not sure where you're going with this, but I recommend stopping. 

• Like (+1) 2

He's smart, great work ethic, small town values, fast and strong, the biggest arm in years and played from the pocket. I think we got something real to work with here. We are all going to LOVE Josh Allen, even if some do not right now.