Giants were between Allen and Darnold at QB; Shurmer had Allen ranked 1st

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Didn't they read that he only had a 56% completion rate last season? Must not have done their research.

I guess we can lump shurmur into a group with the bills brass that obviously knows nothing about football or the position.... it’s not like he just got a journeyman qb to play at a high level or anything. I trust our experts around here way more. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This isn't possible. There are really smart people on this board that know for a fact that he's a bust already.

This is the exact type of passive aggressive post that instigates the exact negativity your type claim to despise. 

Way to keep the negativity flowing, atta boy!

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Confirmation bias boys.

No one knows a darn thing for a few more years.

Right... but the same goes for the Evan Silva’s and Jeremy Whites if the works who already declared the pick a bust

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

This is the exact type of passive aggressive post that instigates the exact negativity your type claim to despise. 

Way to keep the negativity flowing, atta boy!

My type?

What, pray tell, is "my type"?

Do you mean folks that like to jab a bit at the posters that state absolutes about prospects before they've taken a snap in the NFL?

Oh, then yes, that's my type.

I'm all about folks having an informed opinion; I'm also all about admitting when you aren't certain about something--the way some folks have railed against Allen, claiming certainty regarding his inability to succeed in the NFL, is well-deserving of ridicule IMO...even if they're eventually proven right.

If a good-natured ribbing upsets those folks, well, then they need to toughen up. I'll start the process by being less passive and more aggressive!

:beer:

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 5

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Another team down on Rosen?  I have to think there is stuff the teams have access to and we don’t that has caused that. 

I think it's simpler than that. He wore that hat and now teams think he's the next Kaepernick.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Right... but the same goes for the Evan Silva’s and Jeremy Whites if the works who already declared the pick a bust

Indeed

I've been supportive of picking any of the top 5 QBs, and I'm the first to admit that none of us knows how things will turn out.

Just give the kid (and the regime) a chance 

• Like (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I posted the article they are referring to in a different thread interesting read for those who are interested. 

•  
  • LLCoolCy
  • Members
  • 1 post

While this isn't the Bill's Draft board, the NY post reported the Giants weren't taking a Quarterback but the preference was split between Darnold and Allen (Shurmur's choice) with Mayfield lightly considered. 

Makes sense that Beane would have an alignment with Gettleman player grades.

"Quarterback was never an option: It is not as if the Giants viewed this quarterback class as trash. They liked three of them — Baker Mayfield was not in the discussion very long — a great deal but in order to justify the No. 2 overall pick, there had to be love, of which there was none. Most troubling, and telling, was there was no true consensus among the Giants coaches, scouts and front office as to the pecking order. Some liked Sam Darnold best. Others liked Josh Allen best. Darnold, Allen. Allen, Darnold. Around and around it went, and then, a little Josh Rosen sprinkled in. What does that tell you?

The assumption that if the Giants were adamant about taking a quarterback it would have been Darnold is faulty. In fact, Pat Shurmur preferred Allen, believing he has the most upside."

https://nypost.com/2018/05/03/giants-havent-been-this-satisfied-with-a-draft-in-a-long-time/

Giants board per the author appears to be:

1. Saquon Barkley

2. Bradley Chubb

3. Allen/Darnold

4. Mayfield

5. Rosen?