Kim Pegula Releases Statement on the Future of Training Camp at SJF

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I still don’t know if downtown stadium is the best option 

Build it across from the Ralph in a huge parking lot, when it’s ready , Tear down the Ralph and make that a parking lot

saves tailgating and it’s still in OP

Unfortunately, TAILGATING @ Bills games is getting a real bad rep. - See County Exec. concerns.

A the current rate, the "tailgating issue" may be a great incentive to move stadium downtown and stop the tailgating once and for all! (At least on public property)

If I was a betting person, I would say that is exactly what they do.  

So - break them while you can, breakers. You are the ones that will kill it for everyone.

5 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Unfortunately, TAILGATING @ Bills games is getting a real bad rep. - See County Exec. concerns.

A the current rate, the "tailgating issue" may be a great incentive to move stadium downtown and stop the tailgating once and for all! (At least on public property)

If I was a betting person, I would say that is exactly what they do.  

So - break them while you can, breakers. You are the ones that will kill it for everyone.

that article about the county executives concerns was a joke lol

who cares what happens on private lots...

Buffalo is the way it is because of our loyal, die hard fan base

take away the tailgating and you take away EVERYTHING that represents Bills fans because that’s what separates us

it is a tradition that goes back to the beginning of the Bills

Put the stadium downtown and get ready for crazy high prices, PSLs, 5 hour traffic jams and still drunk ***holes

21 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Basically, her quote reassures nothing after this year. That doesn't mean they WILL move, but it doesn't mean they WON'T either. 

Exactly.  It is also telling the college that if there are issues they may reconsider the decision.  While the Bills do pay for use of college I believe the PR to college is more important than the payment.  The Bills and college have had issues in past and they need to understand there is a new person who will be making decision now, a person not as linked as the Bills ex-president was.

They won't break the lease with 4 years left.  But after that, there are no guarantees SJF gets it again.  I think Kim would like to keep it in Rochester, though.  What would be a good alternative?  U of R?

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Exactly.  It is also telling the college that if there are issues they may reconsider the decision.  While the Bills do pay for use of college I believe the PR to college is more important than the payment.  The Bills and college have had issues in past and they need to understand there is a new person who will be making decision now, a person not as linked as the Bills ex-president was.

...not sure what the benefit would be to break the SJF contract.........why alienate the Rochester+ contingent?.......and who gives a rat's arse if Brandon was the originator?........Kim is from Fairport,.....PSE owns the AHL Amerks and is currently negotiating with City of Rochester for upgrades at Blue Cross Arena......BTW regarding Kim....Terry's behind the scenes move to go shopping for a czar was to get someone (ie. Polian or ?) to come in and groom her to be the eventual Club President......he referred to the Bills in the Inner Circle as "her baby"........the unexpected Marrone exodus turned everything upside down so they stuck with Whaley and Brandon who were under contract anyway.....

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not sure what the benefit would be to break the SJF contract.........why alienate the Rochester+ contingent?.......and who gives a rat's arse if Brandon was the originator?........Kim is from Fairport,.....PSE owns the AHL Amerks and is currently negotiating with City of Rochester for upgrades at Blue Cross Arena......BTW regarding Kim....Terry's behind the scenes move to go shopping for a czar was to get someone (ie. Polian or ?) to come in and groom her to be the eventual Club President......he referred to the Bills in the Inner Circle as "her baby"........the unexpected Marrone exodus turned everything upside down so they stuck with Whaley and Brandon who were under contract anyway.....

It is of benefit in any contract changes for SJF to understand that if SJF chooses not to make changes then Bills have a right to exercise clause allowing them to break lease.    I am not suggesting they WILL do it just that they CAN if they needed to and given reason to.

Brandon would never have done that and IMO had a conflict of interest.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It is of benefit in any contract changes for SJF to understand that if SJF chooses not to make changes then Bills have a right to exercise clause allowing them to break lease.    I am not suggesting they WILL do it just that they CAN if they needed to and given reason to.

Brandon would never have done that and IMO had a conflict of interest.

...fair assessment...we do a ton of construction work annually before, during and after SJF camp........SJF is completely on board and works closely with Bills on changes....ironically the biggest issues when McD became HC was him ordering construction workers away from practice field when he said so and of course time is money as far as delays....our guys were not "taping, photographing or taking notes (LOL)" to feed back to BellyBoy......

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

Read my post again.  I said IF McDermott was still HC when the contract renewal came up, then he'd have input, but he'd have to do something spectacular -- like winning the SB -- in order to completely override competing considerations as to where hold TC.  I don't believe that the Pegulas are going to cede the right to make what is essentially a business decision to a head coach unless he does something spectacular.

Sorry, I misread you as saying McDermott would be gone in two years if he didn't win a Super Bowl. 

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sorry, I misread you as saying McDermott would be gone in two years if he didn't win a Super Bowl. 

...don't think a revolving door of Admin/FO/Coaching gang would be wondrous?....I'm thinking that OBD having "names on doors with velcro" and a spot in the FIFTEEN MINUTE PARKING lot would be HUGE inducements to attract replacement candidates.......

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — The Buffalo Bills are keeping their training camp at St. John Fisher College in suburban Rochester.

U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer says Friday he's been assured by the NFL team there are no plans to make a change. The Bills have four years left on the current agreement.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — The Buffalo Bills are keeping their training camp at St. John Fisher College in suburban Rochester.

U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer says Friday he's been assured by the NFL team there are no plans to make a change. The Bills have four years left on the current agreement.

Schumer wants it to remain in Rochester?  Because if it were to move, it would remain in-state. 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Also, water is wet

On 5/4/2018 at 11:33 AM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Smart move by a smart woman.

This hysteria over not being qualified is a joke.

There's no move to be made. She's never been qualified and still isn't. That doesn't mean she has to run around knocking over faberge eggs and lawyering up to rip up contracts.

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

There's no move to be made. She's never been qualified and still isn't. That doesn't mean she has to run around knocking over faberge eggs and lawyering up to rip up contracts.

...Terry went czar shopping behind the scenes to find somebody to groom her as eventual President...he referred to the Bills in the Inner Circle as "her baby"......the Marrone exodus derailed the plan.....pretty sure Brandon had a couple of "right hand men" who probably get more duties along with a pay raise and become direct reports to KP as she continues to learn the ropes....

On 5/5/2018 at 11:45 AM, Doc said:

They won't break the lease with 4 years left.  But after that, there are no guarantees SJF gets it again.  I think Kim would like to keep it in Rochester, though.  What would be a good alternative?  U of R?

There isn’t the room on the U of R campus. Only one football field and no place to put another. The campus is surrounded by a river and a cemetery. Not sure which would be harder to move. Plus the dorms aren’t that great. 

5 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

There isn’t the room on the U of R campus. Only one football field and no place to put another. The campus is surrounded by a river and a cemetery. Not sure which would be harder to move. Plus the dorms aren’t that great. 

...I would think alienating the Rochester and east fan base by pulling camp from SJF would be a great (COUGH) marketing move......eventual new stadium requiring higher PSL's and pissing off a significant part of your customers should reap HUGE benefits.....

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I would think alienating the Rochester and east fan base by pulling camp from SJF would be a great (COUGH) marketing move......eventual new stadium requiring higher PSL's and pissing off a significant part of your customers should reap HUGE benefits.....

I’m with you. I love camp being right down the street. Makes up for the 3-4 hours spent driving for each home game. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Some here would dispute this vociferously. 

Haha! This is a huge debate apparently 

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=6097

Being a liquid, water is not itself wet, but can make other solid materials wet.

Wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid, so when we say that something is wet, we mean that the liquid is sticking to the surface of a material.

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Haha (+1) 1

On May 4, 2018 at 12:53 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Do you know the terms of the contract? It was most likely signed by Brandon, there may have been an out if he departed.  Or she may used his behavior to get out of the contract.

So yes, it is impressive she cane out and proactively made the comment.

WTF???

Is this a real take?   You think the Bills (the signer if the contract) could stiff SJF over a contract negotiated by their employee....because of the behavior of their employee?

Holy cow....

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Photo Op Chuckie always searching for the limelight......

Chuck distancing himself from Cuomo's "Buffalo Billion" scandal...

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

WTF???

Is this a real take?   You think the Bills (the signer if the contract) could stiff SJF over a contract negotiated by their employee....because of the behavior of their employee?

Its a moot point. I can’t find the exact figure, but I remember reading that the Bills have a pretty cheap buyout clause from the contract with Fisher, something like $100k. 

Kids in dorms would be devasted if they moved.  Another school rejoicing.

We had a student aid at work, he was a football player and went to Olivet, here in Kankakee.  Olivet Nazarene is where Bears hold training camp.  He said players would deck their rooms out with all kinds of stuff... Big TVs, X-Boxes, beds and bigger mattresses, etc.. etc... When players left camp, instead of packing all that stuff up... They would just leave it in room. Not sure what the procedures were for the divvy up of the good stuff, but it usually amounted to some getting things like TVs, microwaves, fridges for their dorm rooms.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois