RUMOR - Agent claims NE wanted Mayfield at #2

Talking to Andrew Brandt, the Patriots told us he is in for a big surprise if he doesn’t go number one. Breer’s response, so this can be told now. Seems to confirm what the Agent said.

Pretty crazy stuff. Makes me even happier that the Browns took him.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Don’t buy it... maybe 2nd round lol

Cant see the Patriots trading to #2. They didn’t have that much capital 

Why would Mayfield’s agent make that up? Why would Breer back it up? They have two firsts and two seconds and could have offered up the big oaf at TE. 

It’s great. Belichick didn’t want Jimmy G. in the conference so he wouldn’t deal with the Browns and then the Browns end up taking his next target.

The end is near NE. Finally.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Why would Mayfield’s agent make that up? Why would Breer back it up? They have two firsts and two seconds and could have offered up the big oaf at TE. 

It’s great. Belichick didn’t want Jimmy G. in the conference so he wouldn’t deal with the Browns and then the Browns end up taking his next target.

The end is near NE. Finally.

I mean Gettleman said he wasn’t moving.

If Gronk was a part maybe but he wasn’t moving from 31 and the high 20s to #2 only with picks

thats not enough capital 

Im glad. When I first started looking at QBs I had Mayfield at the top. Not that any of the QBs blew my mind. I thought they were all decent but had their own problems. 

Mayfield is a gamer and knows how to survive in the pocket. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I mean Gettleman said he wasn’t moving.

If Gronk was a part maybe but he wasn’t moving from 31 and the high 20s to #2 only with picks

thats not enough capital 

Gettleman is Rex Ryan. All talk. I have no idea what kind of offer he would have accepted but I’m glad it didn’t go down. I would have hated seeing Baker in NE.

1 minute ago, Bills of Boston said:

Giants wouldn’t go down to 12 but would gladly go to 23/31!

oh right, because it’s NE

F outta here

If the Pats called up and offered them 3 first and 3 second rounders I’m sure they would have been listening. As Gettleman said no one overwhelmed him with an offer. I find it interesting that they spoke about the possibility of moving into the 2nd slot and not the first.

That tells me they saw the Giants as a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, jr1 said:

they weren't going to take anyone that would make Tom feel insecure 

There is definitely a riff going on in NE.  Just heard an interview on the radio this morning with Tom Brady at a golf outing.  Here's an article about it:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/2018/05/tom_brady_pleads_5th_on_bill_belichick_question

15 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

If the Pats called up and offered them 3 first and 3 second rounders I’m sure they would have been listening. As Gettleman said no one overwhelmed him with an offer. I find it interesting that they spoke about the possibility of moving into the 2nd slot and not the first.

That tells me they saw the Giants as a possibility. 

So they are going to move all that capital to have Mayfield sit on the bench the next 2 years during Brady and BB’s last throw of the dice?

Seriously?

Edited by Aussie Joe