EXACTLY why I think Beane blew the '18 draft. -Rd. 1

#34fan

19 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Allen is EJ 2.0.  Maybe, maybe not ... Your opinion

He has all the physical attributes you dream of.  Problem is he can't play QB. Again, your opinion

Over time it will become obvious he doesn't have it and everyone here will start to clamor for a new QB. I'd prefer to see him play in a game before writing his obituary

Christ, Rex Ryan enjoyed a lot of support around here too when the hire was first announced.  I'm betting you were one of them

5 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Lighten up Francis. A good soldier bitches. I hate the Allen pick as well. To me he looks like another in the long line of big arms, high ceiling, low processing project busts this franchise seems to love, Rob Johson, JP Losman, EJ...

All us Allen detractors are resigned to it and we all hope this pick won't set us back 4 years. If Allen tanks, it's over for McBeane and I would hate that. I hope for the best but I'm not pumping sunshine on this pick and if I explain why,  I don't need to have my fanhood challenged after 55 years of following this team.

But here's the thing...

And maybe you took that a bit the wrong way..

But I HATED the Allen pick. Like, my wife didnt know i got that mad. I walked away and didnt even see the other trade.

I sulked all the next day as well.

But then a funny thing happened!

I got over it and realized he is now our guy and there is potential in the pick. They picked him for a reason, and i dont need to get behind that reason - but I'm also not the GM ov the team.

So, I can deal with it and look forward to the possibility of reaching his potential OR I can be miserable for the next four years and secretly spite McBeane each and every time the kid does something boneheaded. 

It's an easy choice - I root for the Bills.

Allen is now their guy.

Go Allen, Go Bills.

Pretty cut and dry!

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I get it was different regimes. But if you're a fan and you see the franchise make the same mistake over and over again it gets a little old. All we can do is wait and see and hope for the best. I am a McBeane fan, just really don't get this pick. 

How is this the same mistake over and over? Isn't this the highest The Bills have ever picked a QB? Haven't we all been clamoring for the Bills to draft a franchise QB in the top ten for decades? Didn't Beane move Heaven and Earth to get in the position to do so after a surprising playoff run?

Don't confuse the franchise making the same mistakes to you not liking player after theyve done exactly what fans have been asking for.

20 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

How is this the same mistake over and over? Isn't this the highest The Bills have ever picked a QB? Haven't we all been clamoring for the Bills to draft a franchise QB in the top ten for decades? Didn't Beane move Heaven and Earth to get in the position to do so after a surprising playoff run?

Don't confuse the franchise making the same mistakes to you not liking player after theyve done exactly what fans have been asking for.

The same mistake in terms of the individuals that they fall in love with. Big strong guys who look like quarterbacks who are projects. Sound familiar? So our FO chose potential and they will live or die by it. I hope they will emerge brilliant and Allen is the next Elway. All of us deserve it. Sitting here now I'm hopeful, but with scant expectations. 

Edited by Green Lightning

7 hours ago, #34fan said:

Which teams? The QB-desperate Browns, Jets, Cardinals, and Bills... Those are the teams that really drove the market.  Every talking head on the shield's Network had a QB

going to the Jets, Browns, and Bills.

Criticizing someone doesn't mean you don't support them...

:)

The team record was, in fact,  8-5... Allen was at the helm for losses vs. Oregon, Iowa, and Bois State.

Yeah.  I know.

2 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Nope. We got an extra 1st and tre white. We used that 1st on Allen.

There is no Edmunds in this, trading up for him had nothing to do with the Mahomes trade.

The first rounder the Bills used on Allen( 21) was their own. They packaged it with Glenn to move to 12. Pick 22 ( the pick they received from KC in the trade down last year) was packaged with #65 ( received from CLE for Tyrod Taylor) to move up for Edmunds. So yes, KCs pick was integral in the drafting of TE. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

22 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. 

You just having been paying attention or football ignorant if you hate a first round QB pick. Im just skeptical of the one they picked. 

The team that really blew it is the Giants, IMO. Need to take Darnold there instead of a freaking running back. Regardless of Elis tears. 

But the Giants got Kyle Lauletta later and still have Davis Webb.

9 hours ago, #34fan said:

:lol: NOTHING about that thread proved to be false!

Karlos was, in fact,  an effective weapon who at one point, led the league in yards per carry, He was a backup RB who poured in 9 TD's, 7 of which came from his first 6 games.

The Bills went from a .500 season with Karlos, to Sub .500 the following year... The regime that cast him off totally crashed and burned!

All that thread was about was Karlos being awesome if he stayed healthy (Which mentally, he couldn't.) and if  he stayed out of trouble, which was a concern I voiced in the thread!

People not knowing how to read, is the real problem... Some can't separate opinions from reports, or "takes" from actual facts.

Karlos crashed and burned.  He ate himself out of the league.

2 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

But here's the thing...

And maybe you took that a bit the wrong way..

But I HATED the Allen pick. Like, my wife didnt know i got that mad. I walked away and didnt even see the other trade.

I sulked all the next day as well.

But then a funny thing happened!

I got over it and realized he is now our guy and there is potential in the pick. They picked him for a reason, and i dont need to get behind that reason - but I'm also not the GM ov the team.

So, I can deal with it and look forward to the possibility of reaching his potential OR I can be miserable for the next four years and secretly spite McBeane each and every time the kid does something boneheaded. 

It's an easy choice - I root for the Bills.

Allen is now their guy.

Go Allen, Go Bills.

Pretty cut and dry!

Wait. You got so mad that you sulked the entire next day?

Never get emotional about football especially the Bills...

A seasoned Bills fans heart is steel from it being broken over and over again.

Skin as thick as a rhino from years of mental anguish and close games. 

From the weather to the sewage at our feet, nothing fazes us. Nothing. 

We love it  and we keep coming back for more. 

Youll get used to it...

Edited by Carter

I understand the worry with Allen but that's called drafting a QB in the NFL, pretty much a complete gamble. Wasn't the last sure thing in the draft at QB Andrew luck? And if he continues his career hampered by injuries and never comes close to a championship it could be argued he's a bust. We can't afford to not take chances and try to get by with decent journeyman. Allen lit up the combine, let's home he can keep it going. I have high hopes, but also expect the worst, cuz I'm a bills fan.

3 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Karlos crashed and burned.  He ate himself out of the league.

He came into TC outta shape... Eddie Lacy did the same thing... Guy had some problems.. Nothing the league hasn't seen before.

On 4/29/2018 at 11:11 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand where you're coming from, but I do think this is a lazy take.  EJ played in a different offense - spread offense, and made half-field reads as I recall.

Allen is in an entirely different place as far as his understanding of the pro game and his ability to read a defense.  He can laser in throws EJ could only dream of.

Doesn't mean he'll succeed as an NFL QB as he is mighty raw in some regards.  Does mean EJM is not an apt comparison.

Allen only made half reads as well but whatever