Beane and the Bills have looked at Dez Bryant

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2018/04/28/beane-on-free-agent-wr-dez-bryant/

“We’ll look at everything,” said Beane. “We have looked at Dez on tape, but I wouldn’t take it any further and I don’t know where that would go. We’re looking to get better at all positions and receiver is one, so if we thought that was the right fit for us we would potentially pursue it.”

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He doesn't want a multi year deal. He wants a 1 year prove it. 

Here's how I'd see that going down:

Des can't get anything close to what he wants........so accepts a one year deal with Bills.

3 weeks into the season with 2 catches for 18 yards he leaves the team to contemplate his future.........asks for his release etc..

I'd like to be more optimistic but the combination of him not being able to get open for the past 3 years and the Bills possibly shaky OL/QB situation and 5 of 7 games on the road to start the season.......ehhhh

• Haha (+1) 1

Rodak interpreted Beane's statement like this:

Bills GM Brandon Beane said the team won't pursue free agent Dez Bryant.

Beane said the Bills watched Bryant "on tape" but won't pursue the free agent any further. "If we thought that was the right fit for us, we definitely would potentially pursue it," Beane continued. Bryant reportedly turned down a multi-year contract from the Ravens recently and continues to seek out a one-year, prove-it deal. The Cardinals and Packers have been linked to Bryant, though nothing concrete has materialized to this point.
Apr 28 - 7:52 PM

Bills GM Brandon Beane said the team won't pursue free agent Dez Bryant.

Beane said the Bills watched Bryant "on tape" but won't pursue the free agent any further. "If we thought that was the right fit for us, we definitely would potentially pursue it," Beane continued. Bryant reportedly turned down a multi-year contract from the Ravens recently and continues to seek out a one-year, prove-it deal. The Cardinals and Packers have been linked to Bryant, though nothing concrete has materialized to this point.
Apr 28 - 7:52 PM
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy